Excel blades? | Golden Skate

Excel blades?

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
I recently bought some boots on Ebay just for kicks and they have John Wilson Excel blades mounted on them. I'm assuming I'll change out the blades if I end up liking the boots, but in the meantime, does anybody have info on the Excel blade? John Wilson stopped making them many years ago, and Google is giving me very little info. It appears that they might be a beginner or intermediate blade, maybe 7ft rocker, cross-cut? Are the Excels at all comparable to Coronation Aces? Thanks!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I recently bought some boots on Ebay just for kicks and they have John Wilson Excel blades mounted on them. I'm assuming I'll change out the blades if I end up liking the boots, but in the meantime, does anybody have info on the Excel blade? John Wilson stopped making them many years ago, and Google is giving me very little info. It appears that they might be a beginner or intermediate blade, maybe 7ft rocker, cross-cut? Are the Excels at all comparable to Coronation Aces? Thanks!

IIRC Excel was a starter blade, as in below CA and Pros, as in they aren't even for single axel.

I'd trade the blades out ASAP if you like the boots.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
IIRC Excel was a starter blade, as in below CA and Pros, as in they aren't even for single axel.

I'd trade the blades out ASAP if you like the boots.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to hear! If I like the boots I will definitely have to switch the blades out then. (I want at least an intermediate level blade - currently in Coro Aces and don't want to go back down.)