Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019-20 Splits & Partner Changes

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8DSmom View Post
    Thanks. But neither were on IcePartner Search nor was there any split of any kind. There is a Zachary Freedman on there so perhaps mistaken identity (I had to take a double take initially too).
    Oops! So it seems I confused both skaters, as I didn't have Gillett & Freedman on my retired list... Sorry for the mistake! So no filipino pair anymore.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Annika Hocke/Ruben Blommaert (Germany) parted way

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSXGxbnN8b/

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea82 View Post
    Annika Hocke/Ruben Blommaert (Germany) parted way

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSXGxbnN8b/
    I just read about that too. What a shame, only two years together. They had a lot of problems with injuries in the second, though their first year was pretty succesful (reached the final at the OG). I saw them at the Challenge Cup where they were finally turning all the misfortune around (at least that was what I was thinking), and they didn't do too bad at Worlds either. Hoping they won't quit the sport altogether.

1 Not allowed!
    That's a shame, I kind of liked them although Hase/Seegert made a bigger impression on me this season. I wonder about how many pairs are actually going to be able to enter the new season...

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I have a totally crazy idea: Deanna Stellato and Rockne Brubaker could team up. That would allow Deanna to move back home to Chicago, and it would give Rockne one last shot at the Olympics. Heck, his wife could be their coach. He was a phenomenal pairs skater who always seemed to have bad luck with his partners. Would Rockne be interested in coming out of retirement at all? Would they be a good match, size-wise?

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SorrySkater View Post
    I have a totally crazy idea: Deanna Stellato and Rockne Brubaker could team up. That would allow Deanna to move back home to Chicago, and it would give Rockne one last shot at the Olympics. Heck, his wife could be their coach. He was a phenomenal pairs skater who always seemed to have bad luck with his partners. Would Rockne be interested in coming out of retirement at all? Would they be a good match, size-wise?
    Rockne is going to become a Dad very soon, so I think he will have enough on his plate.

In case you hadn't heard, here is how Stefania made the announcement, back on Christmas Day.

CaroLiza_fan

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    What about Deanna and Ruben Blommaert (I know there would be citizenship issues, but if they don't mind just competing internationally without the Olympics)?

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    What about Deanna and Ruben Blommaert (I know there would be citizenship issues, but if they don't mind just competing internationally without the Olympics)?
    I had the same brief thought, although Deanna seemed pretty committed to trying for the Oly team.

Of course Deanna just followed Ruben on IG; which means nothing but that she followed him, but still

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset skylark's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I think that's a spectacular idea. I love Rockne's skating, and as you said he had bad luck with partners. I see CaroLiza's post about a baby coming, but I think it would be doable. Deanna wants the olympic experience.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I totally missed that news. Congrats to Rockne and Stefania!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Since Max is quitting, is Winter quitting as well, or is she looking for another partner?

GS Supporter

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonvine View Post
    Since Max is quitting, is Winter quitting as well, or is she looking for another partner?
    She's currently on Ice Partner Seach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12