2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ioulia Chtchetinina (SUI) has teamed up with Mark Magyar (HUN) in pairs (her Instagram post about it is here). It's not clear from the post whether they'll be skating for Switzerland or for Hungary though.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ioulia Chtchetinina (SUI) has teamed up with Mark Magyar (HUN) in pairs (her Instagram post about it is here). It's not clear from the post whether they'll be skating for Switzerland or for Hungary though.

:rolleye:

I take back everything I have ever said when complaining about Xie Zhong having more partners than hot dinners. Márk Magyar has surpassed him.

That said, Márk is a lot older than him, so he has an excuse...

I like Yulia, so I hope that she gets something out of this rather than just becoming another name on his list of short-lived partnerships.

(Just got a shock there when I went to her Instagram page - she's a lot older than I thought she was. I thought she was mid teens, but she's actually 23! :shocked: )

All the best to them.

CaroLiza_fan

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia

Mark Magyar's T-shirt gives a clear message which country they are going to represent.

I like Yulia, so I hope that she gets something out of this rather than just becoming another name on his list of short-lived partnerships.
CaroLiza_fan
I hope so too. But it depends if they can qualify for the worlds this season. Mark split up partnership with Elizaveta Kashitsyna since only Europeans wasn't enough for him. And before teaming up with Liza he split up with Darya Beklemishcheva because they didn't make their Olympics for Korea. And he told in an interview to the Hungarian Fed's website that he wants to become Olympian and has only one quad for it.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mark Magyar's T-shirt gives a clear message which country they are going to represent.

It did seem the more likely option, especially as she's not listed on the Swiss national team this year, but I didn't like to jump the gun ahead of any formal announcement.

Nirti

Medalist
According to the entry list of JGP Riga, Katerina Bunina and Artur Gruzdev (Estonia) are forming a new ice dance team. Bunina skated at 2019 Worlds with German Frolov.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Alla Loboda confirmed her retirement. After it Anton Shibnev also.

So disappointed to hear about Alla Loboda retiring. I was hoping that she would find a new partner and return to where she belongs in the top echelons of Ice Dance.

As for Anton Shibnev, well, I will hold my tongue and just say in the most diplomatic way I can that I wasn't a fan of his.

All the best to both of them for whatever their futures hold.

CaroLiza_fan

jlmart

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Shaquille Davis?? Someone on one of the other boards said he was interested in switching to pairs.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Good luck to Jorik! U will always be my Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Andrea82

Medalist
A split and a new couple in Ice Dance

Anna Kublikova/Yuri Hulitski split as she decided to retire from competitive skating
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1QpcCLIoKy/

But we have a new Finnish ice dance couple: Arina Klinovitskaya/Jussiville Partanen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RZY_wnJem/
When she was Junior, she skated in Single. Then it seems she stopped. It seems she is kind new to Ice Dance. He mentions training in Lyon during the summer. Are they going to be based there?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deanna Stellato (USA) and Maxime Deschamps (CAN) are listed as a pairs entry at a local competition in Quebec:

https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/st...0?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

no confirmation on whether they will represent USA or Canada, but as @Sylvia pointed out, Deanna competed for the US in December 2018, so if she were switching, she would not be eligible to compete internationally until December.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Deanna Stellato (USA) and Maxime Deschamps (CAN) are listed as a pairs entry at a local competition in Quebec:

https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/st...0?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

no confirmation on whether they will represent USA or Canada, but as @Sylvia pointed out, Deanna competed for the US in December 2018, so if she were switching, she would not be eligible to compete internationally until December.

Oh that's where Maxime Deschamps went off to...