2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Nirti

Medalist
IcePartnerSearch's update :
- Viktoria Semenjuk (Estonia) is listed, after (at least) 5 seasons with Artur Gruzdev. They finished #16 at the last JW and could stay junior one more season.
- Jamie Fournier (Canada) is listed too, she was national novice vice-champion with Gabriel Farland.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
@The Finn reported in their fan fest that Eva Kuts & Dmitrii Mikhailov have split. Eva is looking for a new partner. Dmitri is interested in coaching.

Agaszka

Rinkside
Olivia Oliver will now skate with Josh Andari, whose apparently her boyfriend too. Still representing Poland.

Lulu39

Rinkside
Diana Lekhtman is a lovely skater. I liked her with Ivanov, not as much with Sharonov. I wish her good luck with Nikita! :love:

Jana

On the Ice
Bidar/Abrazhevich -> Bidar/Zhuk
In Martin's case, he didn't even skate a full competitive season with Hanna, especially if you consider that she's a total newcomer. They have a good base of elements. There's just a lot of work to be done.
I guess there are some health issues (injuries) on Hanna side. She was looking too fragile.

I guess there will be issues about releasing Zguk by Russian Fed (same as with Osipova).

Duskova/Jakubka
They are going to Canada for 6 weeks. Czech Fed set some rules about financing their camp there (I guess they need to stay together, compete or maybe have some results).

I guess Martin lost a lot with this change as he still does not have a better partner than Anna. Just tried skate with 3 different girls, spend a lot of money with travelling. No improvement.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Just reposting what I wrote in Laura & Aritz's fanfest...
Aritz had a surgery four weeks ago, they expect one year of recuperation. In the now deleted tweet from Hieloespanol they said that doctors recommeded he quits competitive sports...
They announced their split. :sad21::sad21: I really hope that Laura continues and finds a new partner quickly and keeps on representing Spain.

Btw. this whole Martin Bidař and his many partners situation just shows that they should have stayed together with Anna. Still so sad they split...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bidar/Abrazhevich -> Bidar/Zhuk

I guess there are some health issues (injuries) on Hanna side. She was looking too fragile.

Is this confirmed, or is this just a continuation of the conversation about who people would want Martin to skate with?

If it is true, then I had a feeling this would happen. Because I thought the same as you did about Hanna when I finally saw them together.

I guess there will be issues about releasing Zguk by Russian Fed (same as with Osipova).

Mmmm.

Just looked at her fskate.ru profile, and it is curious. It says in the summary at the top that her partner is Maxim Miroshkin, but there are no results for them together. And it is the same on his profile.

Have there been injury issues with one or the other which have meant that they couldn't compete this season? And is this why they have now split?

If there were injury issues on Elizaveta's side, or if there are issues with releasing her, then this is a worry. Because after last season, Martin can't really afford to be sitting out waiting for her. With Anna and Radek back in action, he could become forgotten about.

I guess Martin lost a lot with this change as he still does not have a better partner than Anna. Just tried skate with 3 different girls, spend a lot of money with travelling. No improvement.

I feel so sad for Martin, the way things have worked out for him. He is one of the good guys of the sport, and is so talented. He deserves to have a partner who can get him back to the successs he had with Anna.

Btw. this whole Martin Bidař and his many partners situation just shows that they should have stayed together with Anna. Still so sad they split...

Agree. As I said earlier in the thread, I don't want to see Martin get into the situation where he is constantly changing partners searching for the right one. Because I don't think there is a "right one" other than Anna.

Duskova/Jakubka
They are going to Canada for 6 weeks. Czech Fed set some rules about financing their camp there (I guess they need to stay together, compete or maybe have some results).

Ah, good!

Although, a bit ironic given that not wanting to move to Canada was part of the reason for the split with Martin. But, there is a big difference between six weeks and permanently. ;)

Now that the injury woes are over, I am looking forward to seeing how this partnership develops, as I liked both of them as Singles skaters. And, of course, I liked Anna as a Pairs skater.

CaroLiza_fan

Nirti

Medalist
Charise Matthaei is on IPS, with Maximilian Pfisterer they were 2-time junior national champion for Germany. They ranked #17 at the last JWC but he's now out of junior-eligibility.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Is this confirmed, or is this just a continuation of the conversation about who people would want Martin to skate with?"

It is official (https://www.czechskating.org/gallery/files/Informace_z_jednani_P_cKS_2019-05-17_5cefd44f133e7.pdf).

Thank you for the confirmation, Rosallie. :thank:

Diana Lekhtman is a lovely skater. I liked her with Ivanov, not as much with Sharonov. I wish her good luck with Nikita! :love:

Thank you for your viewpoint. I haven't seen Diana in action yet, so it is good to know some background from somebody who has actually seen her with her previous partners.

If you are interested, I found a group photo from Cypriot Nationals that shows her and Nikita together. Here is the direct link:

https://www.facebook.com/skatecyprus.org/photos/a.135549496523221/2179620968782720/?type=3&theater

For the benefit of those that don't know who everybody is, as we look at them from left to right:

• Ekaterina Luneva (1[SUP]st[/SUP] Junior Ladies)
  • Diana Lekhtman and Nikita Vitryanyuk (1[SUP]st[/SUP] Advanced Novice Ice Dance Guests)
  • Polina Ustinova (1[SUP]st[/SUP] Senior Ladies)
  • Ilia Karankevich and Angelina Kudryavtseva (1[SUP]st[/SUP] Advanced Novice Ice Dance)
  • Giorgia Isabella Sechi (3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Junior Ladies)
  • Daniella Vanessa Ipsarides (Special Achievement Award)

I have to say, Diana does look tiny next to Nikita.

All the best to them!

CaroLiza_fan

hanca

Record Breaker
"Is this confirmed, or is this just a continuation of the conversation about who people would want Martin to skate with?"

It is official (https://www.czechskating.org/gallery/files/Informace_z_jednani_P_cKS_2019-05-17_5cefd44f133e7.pdf).
Actually, no, it is not official. It says ‘possible new partner is... and ‘they would be training...’ . The use of the word ‘possible’ and the word ‘would be’ rather than will be indicates that it is the plan but it is not certain. Considering that this is from the Czech skating federation, it would not be the Czech federation where the potential problem is. The skaters were together at the skating camp, they already train together and they also want it. The potential problem may be with the Russian federation not releasing Elizaveta Zhuk. And take notice there was nothing said from the Russian side yet that they are releasing her. Last year Russia refused to release Osipova to skate with Bidar, and another female pair skater, pretty unknown and not very good, to skate for Australia, so I wouldn’t consider so certain that Zhuk will be released.

ETA: it actually says that the Czech skating federation will send Russian skating federation a letter to request Zhuk’s release. So they haven’t even asked yet. That’s why it is not certain that Zhuk will be actually competing with Bidar.

Rosallie

On the Ice
Actually, no, it is not official. It says ‘possible new partner is... and ‘they would be training...’ . The use of the word ‘possible’ and the word ‘would be’ rather than will be indicates that it is the plan but it is not certain. Considering that this is from the Czech skating federation, it would not be the Czech federation where the potential problem is. The skaters were together at the skating camp, they already train together and they also want it. The potential problem may be with the Russian federation not releasing Elizaveta Zhuk. And take notice there was nothing said from the Russian side yet that they are releasing her. Last year Russia refused to release Osipova to skate with Bidar, and another female pair skater, pretty unknown and not very good, to skate for Australia, so I wouldn’t consider so certain that Zhuk will be released.

ETA: it actually says that the Czech skating federation will send Russian skating federation a letter to request Zhuk’s release. So they haven’t even asked yet. That’s why it is not certain that Zhuk will be actually competing with Bidar.

Well... The meaning was that it is official that Bidař and Abrazhevich are no longer skating together and that Bidař is gonna try to skate with Zhuk... So what's your point...?

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well... The meaning was that it is official that Bidař and Abrazhevich are no longer skating together and that Bidař is gonna try to skate with Zhuk... So what's your point...?

So Maxim Miroshkin what will he be doing? His injury really was awful if this has happened. Did he really have a chance of coming back though?

hanca

Record Breaker

My point is that we don’t know if he will compete with Zhuk. He wants to, they are training together, but until she is released, it doesn’t mean anything. We read news last season published by the Czech skating federation that he would skate with Osipova....it never happened. What the Czech side wants is one thing, but Russian federation are the ones who have the power to release her or not. Or sell her for lots of money, if Bidar or Czech federation are willing to pay.

hanca

Record Breaker
So Maxim Miroshkin what will he be doing? His injury really was awful if this has happened. Did he really have a chance of coming back though?

On Russian forum they say that his next victim is Labazina. I am saying next victim, because Labazina could be successful if she found a decent partner. Instead, she will waste a year or two on a partner who is not healthy enough to do elite skating. What a waste.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, so the reason Zhuk and Miroshkin don't have any competitions together listed in their fskate.ru Bios is that he was having injury issues, not her.

Well, I suppose that is one less thing for Martin and his fans to worry about. Now it is just the small matter of her getting released...

I have to say, I don't like the tone that the conversation is now taking. Max can't help being injured, yet people seem to be holding it against him.

Give the guy a break! It's not as if we are talking about an Ice Dancer who just plain isn't good enough to be competing at elite level, yet keeps getting given brilliant partners, whose careers then go down the drain after partnering him.

Oh, you would almost think that I was thinking of somebody in particular when I wrote that... :devil:

CaroLiza_fan