2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Me after being away for a week and a million of quads happening: <insert WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?!?!?!?! gif here>

Seriously though. I'm blown away. It's like we saw it coming, but it's still overwhelming.

Also, Eteri: :bow: :bow: :bow:

madison

Record Breaker
She‘s been in that camp for like a month or so, whaaaat. How does Eteri do it?
I get that they all work insanely hard, but still, even considering a lot of hard work it seems crazy, the speed at which they learn quads is insane.

Jason Brown be like o_O

All credits should go to Dudakov. He is the main tech coach and Eteri is not even there now.

zounger

Medalist
Since Eteri is on holidays we should congratulate Dudakov as well. This elements require both technical (Dudakov) and mental (Eteri) preparation.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She‘s been in that camp for like a month or so, whaaaat. How does Eteri do it?
I get that they all work insanely hard, but still, even considering a lot of hard work it seems crazy, the speed at which they learn quads is insane.

Jason Brown be like o_O
She is amazing! As is her staff of coaches and choreographers. They are truly a great team.

All credits should go to Dudakov. He is the main tech coach and Eteri is not even there now.

He won't get all the credit though. ;) But Dudakov is very underrated.

madison

Record Breaker
https://fs-gossips.com/for-tutberidze-either-you-are-among-the-leaders-or-you-are-nowhere/
I dont know if this is posted, but an interview with Polina Shuboderova, former Eteri's skater.

From the interview:

When I just came to the group, I had an injury, I didn’t know which one and I didn’t tell anyone. It was very painful for me, I could not even wear a sneaker, my toes were blue. But I still jumped, and … it healed itself. In Eteri Tutberidze’s group they say about injuries when it’s something serious, but such minor ones, well they just train with them. Although in America you would have been taken to the hospital and got a month of rest.

It is said that there are also strict requirements for weight. How to keep it? Special diet?[/B][/B]

– No. Just weighing every day, you have to right to miss it, just like training. At exactly the same time except for your day off. Your weight can deviate a maximum of 200 grams.....

She is a very strict coach. She was fine with how I progressed. But then … At the training camp in Novogorsk, I got another injury, my heel ached. I still skated, jumped. Could not get out of the rink to put the ice. Every day it was harder to talk with Eteri Georgievna, it seemed she wasn’t interested in working with me. I recovered and came, but she sent me to the younger group with the words: “We’ll see, decide for yourself where you will go, but in principle you can quit.” I actually needed half a year to get her attention . Of course, I gave up.

The younger group wasn’t for small kids, but for those who are just not interesting for her. Including senior skaters. For me it was a disaster. She could miss the trainings of this group. After perfect run-throughs, she could say something like: “Well, in principle, you still can skate.” And when I failed something, it was the end.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, I'm not Russian, so my feelings for either Alina or Lilbet aren't national. I'm big fan of Alina (who would guess) and I like Lilbet too. If she will defeat Alina in the future honestly, what I (or anybody else) could say about it? I will not stop being fan of Alina and won't stop liking Lilbet :)
As for Eteri Georgievna, she never preferred any skater she is coaching despite other things. If RusFed will have troubles that a skater not representing Russia is defeating the one who is, than it is a problem between Eteri and RusFen, not a question for me. But that is more or less hypothetical.
Alina, if she intends to continue (which she probably does), is aware that she should have at least one quad/3A (the other is less probable), she is training 4F and due to her highly competitive personality and astounding physical skills I can easily say she has a fair chance to master such jump. For the beginning she even doesn't need multiple quad jumps as she was able to defeat skaters with 3A/4S. She also has the advantage that she's been through puberty already, while Sasha, Anna and even Rika can still expect some body changes. Also Alina is the one from whom I would expect that she would say when Anna, Sasha and Lilbet can jump quads, why couldn't I.
That's all tghat can be said about it now.

Well there was one skater EG preferred and we all know what her name is. ;) She was also her second daughter until a year ago. ;) It was evident at the Olympic Games.

Yes Alina has some advantages over her younger teammates especially with experience and puberty. It will be fascinating to see if the Olympic champion really wants to learn triple axel and quad jumps. She's won everything as a junior and senior by the age of 16 so maybe just maybe she'll be happy being competitive in the next couple years without having a triple Axel or quads. No matter what happens it will be very interesting and exciting to follow.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well there was one skater EG preferred and we all know what her name is. ;) She was also her second daughter until a year ago. ;) It was evident at the Olympic Games.

Yes Alina has some advantages over her younger teammates especially with experience and puberty. It will be fascinating to see if the Olympic champion really wants to learn triple axel and quad jumps. She's won everything as a junior and senior by the age of 16 so maybe just maybe she'll be happy being competitive in the next couple years without having a triple Axel or quads. No matter what happens it will be very interesting and exciting to follow.

I repeat, Eteri Georgievna never preferred any skater she is coaching despite other things. By "preference" I mean giving more attention in training (or "giving more advanced programs" ;) ), by "other things" I mean personal relations. She probably really felt connected with "one other skater", as you call her, than with the others, but this fact didn't prevent her to coach her other student to be equal (and they were equal, the competition was very balanced, one small thing could make the difference, not like this year's world championship, where the victory was by a margin - we say "by a steamer").
Now, Alina is in Eteri's personal favor, but that does not mean that Eteri would provide her some extra special treatment (preference from a training perspective). Eteri's strategy is obviously to get the best possible out of every skater she is training "despite oter things."

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Does Kanysheva still have her old “textbook” technique? It looks less PR that Anya Shcherbakova’s quads.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I repeat, Eteri Georgievna never preferred any skater she is coaching despite other things. By "preference" I mean giving more attention in training (or "giving more advanced programs" ;) ), by "other things" I mean personal relations. She probably really felt connected with "one other skater", as you call her, than with the others, but this fact didn't prevent her to coach her other student to be equal (and they were equal, the competition was very balanced, one small thing could make the difference, not like this year's world championship, where the victory was by a margin - we say "by a steamer").
Now, Alina is in Eteri's personal favor, but that does not mean that Eteri would provide her some extra special treatment (preference from a training perspective). Eteri's strategy is obviously to get the best possible out of every skater she is training "despite oter things."

Maybe now...but when she took Yulia and Adian to visit Marina and get new programs Eteri specifically said she was surprised at how structured her camp in Michigan was. She went as far as to say that she was amazed at how she could evenly divide up time with each skater. It really sounded as if back then (2015-16?) she wasn’t doing that herself.

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal really but I doubt she can give everyone equal one on one time. She has a big crew of coaches though and I suspect that everyone gets as much attention as they seek ;)