2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 62 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Yes i really like the way she attacks her programs, she has a different style than the other russian ladies and i appreciate that, there are some jumps issues to be fixed though, 3lutz looks underrotated sometimes and callers have been generous to her.

I'm worried if Elena Vodorezova becomes her main coach they might not fix this, and if that is the case she will face the same situation Sotskova and Tsurskaya had this season with the underrotations not fixed and artistry not rewarded because of the technical mistakes.

CSKA needs their Sergei Dudakov.

*she often gets ! On 3Lz not <, that is her only problem. She rotates so fast that her jumps are usually never under

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I take back what I said about the FS music. I got a better listen to it. The accents are lovely.(couldn’t fully hear it over Eurovision ;) )Alena will make something truly beautiful out of it. It’s a bit Yunaesque to me.

I agree, this song is beautiful, and it picks up in speed somewhere near the four minute mark to make this beautiful, powerful sound, perfect for Alena who has infinite grace along with huge speed - my favorite parts in her programs are when the music picks up the pace and she is flying across the ice while hitting perfect positions. I couldn't be more happy with this music choice, especially considering the contrasting short. It is also one piece of music - no weird cuts that people can complain about!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I agree, this song is beautiful, and it picks up in speed somewhere near the four minute mark to make this beautiful, powerful sound, perfect for Alena who has infinite grace along with huge speed - my favorite parts in her programs are when the music picks up the pace and she is flying across the ice while hitting perfect positions. I couldn't be more happy with this music choice, especially considering the contrasting short. It is also one piece of music - no weird cuts that people can complain about!

Well, it is nearly 8 minutes, so it will still have cuts.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Well, it is nearly 8 minutes, so it will still have cuts.

Of course - I just meant weird cuts like the one's people complained about this year - usually those don't happen when cutting within a piece. The ones people were complaining about were the ones that went from one song to the other in a manner that they perceived as awkward.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I was listening to a Targaryen playlist and these two played one after the other, and I even thought they were they same music. If Sasha goes for one of these, her program will be amazing. The first is from an episode on season 5 in which Drogon appears and saves Daenerys from being killed by the Sons of Harpy.

“Dance of Dragons”
https://open.spotify.com/track/6w9YCoVjO8qNY1tdYh3nwm?si=_hDetqdFS7mXkkWGUyP-lQ

“Shall we begin?”
https://open.spotify.com/track/1Ym2fjmW19izYE7bHDowrL?si=ZfQba6kDTDiRtXofYRyirw

Btw, I LOVE Alena’s music choices, specially for the free.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Alena is using her exhibition music (and I assume some of the program itself) for her short next season!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxdCwtlIQQa/?igshid=1xvxgi3xh9lya

I’m really excited for this, I think with a few tweaks it could make for a really great competitive program, I just hope they change they costume 😂

And for her free she’s using ‘No One Ever Called Me That’ by Dario Marianelli.

I’ve never heard of this song but I just had a quick listen and I think it has a lot of potential, it just depends a lot on the music cuts.

Just listened to it and I think Alyona will do wonders with this piece! Can't wait to see some of the choreo...

I love how 99% of the comments under the video on Youtube are now FS related :laugh:

neud

Match Penalty
I was listening to a Targaryen playlist and these two played one after the other, and I even thought they were they same music. If Sasha goes for one of these, her program will be amazing. The first is from an episode on season 5 in which Drogon appears and saves Daenerys from being killed by the Sons of Harpy.

“Dance of Dragons”
https://open.spotify.com/track/6w9YCoVjO8qNY1tdYh3nwm?si=_hDetqdFS7mXkkWGUyP-lQ

“Shall we begin?”
https://open.spotify.com/track/1Ym2fjmW19izYE7bHDowrL?si=ZfQba6kDTDiRtXofYRyirw
Sasha goes for Matt Bellamy — Pray (High Valerian), Ramin Djawadi — The Night king

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I know Alina's ethnic background is Tatar. Is the same the case for Kamila? Her appearance is less pronounced than Alina's, but I recently saw a photo of her with her mom, who looks very ethnic. Also, I believe she was born in Kazan, which is about half ethnic Tatar.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Gutsy of the team to do a vampire program for her. I'm sure it'll be quite different from her EX, but I worry it could come off pretty juniorish [emoji51]

No worries. Alena very mature and not Junior if at all. She will pull it off because she's such a beautiful and musical skater.

pearly

Record Breaker
Of course she will.

Hope so. I'm beginning to wonder since there hasn't been any music announcement or practice footage. Given the difficulties she's had this past season I wouldn't be surprised if she pursues other goals. Hope she continues...

Scott512

Record Breaker
Hope so. I'm beginning to wonder since there hasn't been any music announcement or practice footage. Given the difficulties she's had this past season I wouldn't be surprised if she pursues other goals. Hope she continues...

Alina will continue. What else is she supposed to do? She is only 16. whether she makes the next Olympic team or not she wants to skate through the next Olympic cycle and I don't blame her.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Alina will continue. What else is she supposed to do? She is only 16. whether she makes the next Olympic team or not she wants to skate through the next Olympic cycle and I don't blame her.

She is already a big name with lotsa money making contracts. She coulda just live on skating shows, do reality shows, modelling... there are things she could do, if she wanted to.

Not saying she should step down to make way for the wunderkids.... she can continue if she wants but, but she could just as well not. She did not strike to me as person who enjoys competing, the way Evgenia and some other girls. She seemed to often come on ice with look of panic in her eyes, she struggled with injuries and chronic pain...

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

Maybe because everyone's on vacations and it's only May? not everyone announces programs this early?
I think it's around 200th time people are asking whether or not she's retired.

The link to the interview after Worlds 2019 that answers all questions:
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...ova-i-want-to-do-things-my-way/?sf209835898=1

You won gold at the Olympics and at the World Champs: what else do you want in life?

Alina: "For me the most important thing now is to continue performing. I can also become a two-time, three-time champion...But I am not thinking of any records, I am always saying that, for me the most important thing right now is to skate. I do it for myself and for my supporters, who are following me in different countries. Some came here from Russia to support me, and I appreciate it a lot."

You achieved a lot as an athlete: what motivates you every day?

"Maybe, my love for figure skating. Every athlete has a moment when they achieve everything, they just want to leave everything behind and live an ordinary life. But then I am thinking: 'how will I live an ordinary life, now that I have seen the world, thanks to the work that I love?' I understand I will not be able to live without figure skating. So that’s it: first I think I would stop, then I realise I cannot leave it as I have dedicated all my life to this until now. So I will not be able to leave figure skating!"

pearly

Record Breaker
Maybe because everyone's on vacations and it's only May? not everyone announces programs this early?
I think it's around 200th time people are asking whether or not she's retired.

The link to the interview after Worlds 2019 that answers all questions:
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...ova-i-want-to-do-things-my-way/?sf209835898=1

You won gold at the Olympics and at the World Champs: what else do you want in life?

Alina: "For me the most important thing now is to continue performing. I can also become a two-time, three-time champion...But I am not thinking of any records, I am always saying that, for me the most important thing right now is to skate. I do it for myself and for my supporters, who are following me in different countries. Some came here from Russia to support me, and I appreciate it a lot."

You achieved a lot as an athlete: what motivates you every day?

"Maybe, my love for figure skating. Every athlete has a moment when they achieve everything, they just want to leave everything behind and live an ordinary life. But then I am thinking: 'how will I live an ordinary life, now that I have seen the world, thanks to the work that I love?' I understand I will not be able to live without figure skating. So that’s it: first I think I would stop, then I realise I cannot leave it as I have dedicated all my life to this until now. So I will not be able to leave figure skating!"

In the past she has announced this early and the rest of Eteri's top skaters have already done so. Figure skating and performing does not necessarily equal competing.

People are asking this because there has been little news and they are interested to know what's going on.

Finley

Record Breaker
She is already a big name with lotsa money making contracts. She coulda just live on skating shows, do reality shows, modelling... there are things she could do, if she wanted to.

Not saying she should step down to make way for the wunderkids.... she can continue if she wants but, but she could just as well not. She did not strike to me as person who enjoys competing, the way Evgenia and some other girls. She seemed to often come on ice with look of panic in her eyes, she struggled with injuries and chronic pain...

She has her whole life to be retired. And all of her 20's to follow the path of other athletes doing shows and modeling. She just came through the toughest season of her life. I think overcoming all of that fear, doubt and pain made her victory at World's even sweeter than winning the Olympics.

This upcoming season may be even tougher. There is no way she gets through it without struggling with fear, doubt and some pain. The crucial difference this season being the knowledge that she can overcome all of it with hard work. That doesn't mean she will win everything or even anything. But from what little I think I know about her I believe she will feel good knowing she fought for it.

Unless she is injured this does not seem like the season to retire. She's got that reigning Olympic Champion & reigning World Champion respect on her name. She beat skaters with 3a's and a quad by more than 10 points. And because the media criticized her 'failures' so harshly (imagine a season where you miss one podium being a tragedy!) her victory at World's has that epic 'comeback from the dead against all odds' feel. Thankfully Japan didn't blame her for beating their skaters and celebrated her victory with true class and grace. Alina's star is higher than it was after winning the Olympics. She needs to carry that shine with her into this coming season.

All that said, if she decides to retire I will respect her choice and look forward to following her adventures outside of skating.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I don't know mabye she could finish school and study soemthing if she wants to, or just do shows, and we also don't know how much her condition with the knees or legs hurt her or how much longer she can do it. We don't know but there are a lot of things she could do