2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 82 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Elana

On the Ice
In other news, Sabina Zagitova commenter under one of her recent Instagram posts that she will try moving to Eteri in a year. Will Sabina, Zhilina, and Akatieva be our new power trio turning junior in 2021/2022? ;)

Awesome news! I haven't seen any videos of Sabina in ages, can she do triples?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Awesome news! I haven't seen any videos of Sabina in ages, can she do triples?

I haven't been able to find any videos of her since the one from around April 2018, where she could only do doubles. But if she's anything like her older sister, she'll improve at lightning speed! But best of all, she and Alina would get to spend good time together :).

Claudalie

Rinkside
That‘s not at all what I meant lol. Obviously Averbukh didn’t just force a program on Zhenya when they worked together.

But Eteri has been very open about the fact that she just doesn‘t get why someone should be allowed to branch out and try different styles or different choreographers just because they want to/have won medals. Her team and her do the choreography for the skaters, they might listen to wishes sometimes but they will always decide whether it really fits them in the end.

. :)
I don't think that's what Eteri said. In her recent interview, she was talking about the skaters' bad attitude after winning the medals and thinking they should be treated differently because they won. She did not mean they could not choose programs or choreographers, she meant how inflated their egos become after winning.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Well done, guys. :agree:
I read the last 5 pages and cried and laughed heartily. Not to offend anyone. :)
Scott should receive a warning for violation of the moratorium on the mention of Alina
I have already imagined that and her name is Alina. ;)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I read the last 5 pages and cried and laughed heartily. Not to offend anyone. :)
Scott should receive a warning for violation of the moratorium on the mention of Alina
yep :laugh2:
I had a chuckle a few times too :biggrin:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
In other news, Sabina Zagitova commenter under one of her recent Instagram posts that she will try moving to Eteri in a year. Will Sabina, Zhilina, and Akatieva be our new power trio turning junior in 2021/2022? ;)

Would’t it be crazy if both sisters became Olympic champions under the same coach?
that will be mind blowing:) a family of Olympic champions)

I hope Sabina doesn’t get any extra pressure for being Alina‘s sister though :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would’t it be crazy if both sisters became Olympic champions under the same coach?

Figure skater David Jenkins managed to follow in the footsteps of his brother Hayes Alan Jenkins in winning gold OGM, so it can be done (not to mention that Hayes married OGM Carol Heiss Jenkins)

Good luck to Sabina if that’s what she wants:agree:

Claudalie

Rinkside
And I’m going to come out and say it: I think the coaching change helped Zhenya, I think she is more mature personally and in her skating *not just* because she is older, but because of the coaching change. And not just a coaching change, but a life change. Russia should be very proud of her for her maturity in making this decision and for the improvements in her skating.

(And let me be clear, making a change means it was right for Zhenya. It doesn’t mean it would be right for anyone else, it’s not talking about anyone except Zhenya and what was right for her).

Others may disagree and that’s fine. But the fact that she aged one year does not change my opinion as to why her skating seemed more mature. And it’s not the aging one year :biggrin:[/QUOTE

I agree with you that she did not mature only because she got older, although that's one of the factors as well. She matured because a lot of things happened to her that'd affected her mentally even before she changed the coach. Losing when you are winning all the time is extremely tough and impossibly difficult to cope with. Of course, everything is reflected in her skating now and that one gesture, after completing the FS so well, spoke volumes. Is her skating more mature now? I think it is but is it better than before? I don't think so. Both of her programs were lackluster and simple, lacking massively in Choreography. I believe that's the reason she wants Averbuch back.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm thrilled that Averbukh will be the choreographer of Evgenia 's short program. She has always had a good relationship with him. I think it would be great if she worked with Buttle and Shae-Lynn too. But I think Ilia is invested in her so I hope he choreographs one program every year. W.E. was the program that captured my attention. And I love a River Flows in you.

Amei

Record Breaker
I don't think that's what Eteri said. In her recent interview, she was talking about the skaters' bad attitude after winning the medals and thinking they should be treated differently because they won. She did not mean they could not choose programs or choreographers, she meant how inflated their egos become after winning.

Well I don't recall any Sambo skaters whom after becoming successful have changed their program-style.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Withoud sounding like a handbook, I will rather post this:
https://twitter.com/whiteligat/stat...o/iframe/twitter.min.html#1111362244204552193

Nothing more needs to be said.

The camera angle from Pyeongchang is also understating how muscled Zhenya's jumps were at that time. There's been visible improvement in her core stabilization and less of the uncontrolled "swing" as she brings her leg back for the 3T. This was probably the first thing I noticed watching her at practices at Skate Canada. You don't gain as much muscle as she has and not have your jump technique change at all.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Thank you for that update. If and when Sabina goes to eteri I would imagine Alina would still be there. I don't think Alina will changer coaches in the near or distant future especially if her baby sister is going to be training with EG in a year or two.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I'm with you nuss. I also hope Sabina does not have knee issues that her big sister has. But figure skaters punish their knees tremendously.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with you nuss. I also hope Sabina does not have knee issues that her big sister has. But figure skaters punish their knees tremendously.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I don't even remember why I wrote that how about Alina. But I'm sure it was good. ;)

Claudalie

Rinkside
Well I don't recall any Sambo skaters whom after becoming successful have changed their program-style.

I don't see what my post has to do with the style change. I only quoted something that was misinterpreted. But why would they want to change their program style if a. they are happy with it and b. it brings them continuous success?

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight

can you give link to the post?