2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 140 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I thought Gubanova was wonderful at Russian Nationals-9th is pretty good considering the field. If she moved to the US, she would probably be our number one Senior Lady. She may still get a GP-injuries happen, withdraws happen. If so, I hope she is next on the list as an alternate. But even if not, it isn't the end of the world.

Thats true, although thats only if a Russian withdraws. And, since Sotskova and Sakhanovich have one, they each could be given another one before Gubanova gets one :sad21:. In a fair world she would be first on the alternate list, but as we've seen, this hasn't really been fair to her so far.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I know how they qualified for russian nationals.
No junior got to nationals simply because they attended jgp.
Only 2 juniors could go to nationals by qualifying through 1 russian cup event.

There's no hard rule to the qualifications, it's vague and rusfed decides who does how many rus cup stages to qualify.

They only let Trusova and Kostornaya do 1 stage, and that was clearly an exception.

All others did 2 stages even though they had jgp and won/medalled there.
Anna Shcherbakova: won 2nd and 4th stage of russian cup stages, so she had to do both stages.
Tarusina had to do 2 stages as well, 3 and 5th stage, she got silver at both.
Tarakanova did 2 stages of russian cup as well, 2nd and 5th stage, got silver and gold.

Actually there are rules - Tarakanova, Shcherbakova, Trusova, and Kostornaya all qualified to russian senior nationals by qualifying to the JGPF, this is written in the rules, not an exception. Each of them only did one senior stage.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I can’t wait until Alina or a top Russian skater announces her music so that we can stop discussing who deserves a GP assignment and who doesn’t.

Plenty of people already have announced it. If people really wanted to discuss that, it would've been discussed ;)

Fluture

Record Breaker
I don‘t think we need to discuss whether Masha and Sima deserved their GP spots. They did. There are rules and according to them, they got their spot fair and square. Nastya would have deserved one too. But that‘s the sad reality - rusfed has too many girls and they need to make sacrifices. And Sima just had a better International season than Nastya - this is mainly what matters for GP slots, not national events, because they don‘t count for SB and WS. And Masha had the worst season out of all three but she‘s an Olympian and GPF medalist and she earned her WS points. So... it really only depended on who they would submit. I‘m not saying it‘s fair Nastya didn‘t get a spot - it isn‘t. But it would have been the same had Sima or Masha been left out - it would have been unfair for them. That‘s life. I‘m sad Nastya didn‘t get a spot but I hope she goes out there and proves rusfed that they were wrong! I wish her good luck to rock every event she enters. She really needs to show them that they can and should rely on her. Maybe then it will work next time. She‘s still young.

And I also wish Sima and Masha good luck. All three are talented skaters and deserve only the best. It‘s tough to skate in a country like Russia, so they need to prove themselves. I hope they do.

Fluture

Record Breaker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRNPA2MZPUo&feature=youtu.be

And btw, here‘s a full version of Alina‘s Bad Guy exhibition. I don‘t like the choreography at all but she has new spin variations! Especially the first one looks really cool and I hope she does it in her competitive programs next season. Imo, out of all the Russian seniors this season she‘s got the best spins. If not the best in the World even.

Payako

Rinkside
I am disappinted I came accross as picking on anyone and it's over as of this post. I hate doing that because there is so much to like in all of them Other than rusfed for stirring this hornets nest by having NG on the national team when they were not going to offer her a GP. Now she is stuck in never never land for the second season in a row. I dont like it but it is what it is and I feel bad about my comments about Sima and Masha and wish I didn't do that. But this is the edge and people get edgy. It all could have been avoided if rusfed did not put Nastya on the national team as a reserve. As fluture pointed it to do that then not offer her a GP was confusing. If Masha and Sima were more deserving of a GP than Nastya was then they should have been more deserving of being on the national team too. That adds up what rusfed did to NG did not.

Some think Nastya might skate some juniors this next season. I cant see it but anything is possible. She like any athlete needs to compete with better skaters in order to get better herself. Going back to juniors could be an emotional setback for her. Whatever happens should be exciting and interesting.

I am still sad but now we should think about the future.I can't understand why they put her on the reserve team if they didn't plan to send her.I was certain that she was going to GP for this.My interpretation for this,they care about Nastya but you know she didn't compete internationally many times.They probably think it would be better to get more experience as a junior.If my guess is right,she will be staying junior this season even other skaters withdraw for some reasons.Rusfed know for sure she is more talented than skaters like Sotskova etc and has more likelihood of gpf.There will be reason for didn not sending her gp.

Some people might think Buyanova loses her power.Actually It's not.You should ask yourself why she was powerful.It's not because she rasied many students like Tutberidze.It's because behind her there is T.tarasova who raise many legendary skaters.Tutberidze raised many good skaters but she still needs more students to become like T.tarasova.
Let's think about why nastya switched her coach.We really don't know why.Nastya and Konstantinova probably know the truth.There are many rumors about her.All sounds like drama. One thing I can sure Nastya switched her coach so that she can get high scores in domestic competitions.This means Cska can power over someone who always has underscored her.Let's say someone is politician.It might be untrue.They cannnot power over politician.

T.tarasova has most powerful authority in Rusfed. We saw what happened to Mishin and Tuktamysheva at cup final.Therefore T.tarasova was the someone who underscored Nastya and overscored Konstantinova.There are no one who can underscore Nastya after she switched to Buyanova except politician.What is most ironic thing is why they accepted her as a student.Why not Konstantinova?She loves her!Things are all strange.
remember her very beginning of last season.She was injured with boot issue so she couldn't train for a month.

https://youtu.be/vN0IjPuhwRU

https://youtu.be/FRI30nbxZmQ

She was in a bad condition whole season .at her first competition she was not even able to spin well. This is why she was not that consistent last season.She was one of the consistent skaters in 1718.She looked like kind of healed and adjust to boot at cupfinal.

https://youtu.be/3R3kIAD63XE

I feel so bad for saying let's wait again.Remember after every storm comes a rainbow.I believe in her.It's not because I'm dumb or irrational.I saw her talent.

And guys if my guess is right,Gubanova and Tarusina will be competing in jgp.This means someone will be sacrificed.I think it will be Usacheva and Kromch(right?)
Also I am curious about skaters like Gulyakova, Nugumanova, Talalikana .As I know they still can compete in jgp.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I thought Gubanova was wonderful at Russian Nationals-9th is pretty good considering the field. If she moved to the US, she would probably be our number one Senior Lady. She may still get a GP-injuries happen, withdraws happen. If so, I hope she is next on the list as an alternate. But even if not, it isn't the end of the world.

Hey thats a great idea Katy! ;)

While its not the end of the world if NG doesnt get a GP next season it certainly pushes her closer to the end of her competitive career. Polina is done at 17. Dasha at 16? It can end fast. Thats why her getting GPs was so important. The chance to prove herself on the big stage next season is gone.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I am still sad but now we should think about the future.I can't understand why they put her on the reserve team if they didn't plan to send her.I was certain that she was going to GP for this.My interpretation for this,they care about Nastya but you know she didn't compete internationally many times.They probably think it would be better to get more experience as a junior.If my guess is right,she will be staying junior this season even other skaters withdraw for some reasons.Rusfed know for sure she is more talented than skaters like Sotskova etc and has more likelihood of gpf.There will be reason for didn not sending her gp.

Some people might think Buyanova loses her power.Actually It's not.You should ask yourself why she was powerful.It's not because she rasied many students like Tutberidze.It's because behind her there is T.tarasova who raise many legendary skaters.Tutberidze raised many good skaters but she still needs more students to become like T.tarasova.
Let's think about why nastya switched her coach.We really don't know why.Nastya and Konstantinova probably know the truth.There are many rumors about her.All sounds like drama. One thing I can sure Nastya switched her coach so that she can get high scores in domestic competitions.This means Cska can power over someone who always has underscored her.Let's say someone is politician.It might be untrue.They cannnot power over politician.

T.tarasova has most powerful authority in Rusfed. We saw what happened to Mishin and Tuktamysheva at cup final.Therefore T.tarasova was the someone who underscored Nastya and overscored Konstantinova.There are no one who can underscore Nastya after she switched to Buyanova except politician.What is most ironic thing is why they accepted her as a student.Why not Konstantinova?She loves her!Things are all strange.
remember her very beginning of last season.She was injured with boot issue so she couldn't train for a month.

https://youtu.be/vN0IjPuhwRU

https://youtu.be/FRI30nbxZmQ

She was in a bad condition whole season .at her first competition she was not even able to spin well. This is why she was not that consistent last season.She was one of the consistent skaters in 1718.She looked like kind of healed and adjust to boot at cupfinal.

https://youtu.be/3R3kIAD63XE

I feel so bad for saying let's wait again.Remember after every storm comes a rainbow.I believe in her.It's not because I'm dumb or irrational.I saw her talent.

And guys if my guess is right,Gubanova and Tarusina will be competing in jgp.This means someone will be sacrificed.I think it will be Usacheva and Kromch(right?)
Also I am curious about skaters like Gulyakova, Nugumanova, Talalikana .As I know they still can compete in jgp.

Wow that was a mouthful of information. Thanks. Anastasia turn 17 in December I do not want her at 17 to be skating Junior events. They did that with stanislava staying in juniors at 17 years old because her developmental skills and skating take longer to come to fruition because she didn't start figure skating until she was 8 years old. I also do not want nastya at 17 years old to be skating against 14 year old girls with big games who have nothing to lose and feel no pressure. The pressure on NG would be massive to not get schooled by a 14 year old phenom like Alysa Liu. Or Alena K2. Why put her through that? Anastasia isn't even on the junior national team. That team is set. I think. My Hope for Nastya is to be healthy at the start of the season unlike last season and to show her beautiful skating and get the confidence up in the Russian Federation for her.

Speaking of Stasya I don't know what your point is about her switching coaches the way Nastya did. I don't think Stanislava wanted to switch coaches. I don't think she wants to leave St. Petersburg. She gets plenty of support from the Russian Federation as it is. People know that. I adore Stanislava she may be the loveliest of them all. She is developing nicely as a figure skater but she was never a phenom like a lot of these girls are so she may have a different perspective on the whole thing and life and it may not revolve 100% around figure skating. Nastya may be the same way. I am hoping NG with Buyanova pays off this upcoming season in some way particularly with better scores at home. I'm also hoping for no boot issues this season. That really was a setback last season. But when figure skaters are growing there are all kinds of issues especially with skates. if we are all wearing sneakers or shoes that are a size too small and we feel some pain it's probably nothing compared to what these figure skaters go through. They are warriors and that is to be admired.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wow that was a mouthful of information. Thanks. Anastasia turn 17 in December I do not want her at 17 to be skating Junior events. They did that with stanislava staying in juniors at 17 years old because her developmental skills and skating take longer to come to fruition because she didn't start figure skating until she was 8 years old. I also do not want nastya at 17 years old to be skating against 14 year old girls with big games who have nothing to lose and feel no pressure. The pressure on NG would be massive to not get schooled by a 14 year old phenom like Alysa Liu. Or Alena K2. Why put her through that? Anastasia isn't even on the junior national team. That team is set. I think. My Hope for Nastya is to be healthy at the start of the season unlike last season and to show her beautiful skating and get the confidence up in the Russian Federation for her.

Speaking of Stasya I don't know what your point is about her switching coaches the way Nastya did. I don't think Stanislava wanted to switch coaches. I don't think she wants to leave St. Petersburg. She gets plenty of support from the Russian Federation as it is. People know that. I adore Stanislava she may be the loveliest of them all. She is developing nicely as a figure skater but she was never a phenom like a lot of these girls are so she may have a different perspective on the whole thing and life and it may not revolve 100% around figure skating. Nastya may be the same way. I am hoping NG with Buyanova pays off this upcoming season in some way particularly with better scores at home. I'm also hoping for no boot issues this season. That really was a setback last season. But when figure skaters are growing there are all kinds of issues especially with skates. if we are all wearing sneakers or shoes that are a size too small and we feel some pain it's probably nothing compared to what these figure skaters go through. They are warriors and that is to be admired.

Thanks for the videos too. Nastya = Beautiful skating. That fast-paced jazzy short program was a delight too. Very different.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
So basically, what everyone is saying is that Safonova and Shabotova and maybe Usacheva and Khromyck will not receive jgp assignments now that Tarusina will be on the jgp. Is that right?

hanca

Record Breaker
So basically, what everyone is saying is that Safonova and Shabotova and maybe Usacheva and Khromyck will not receive jgp assignments now that Tarusina will be on the jgp. Is that right?

Usacheva and Khromykh have a good chance because they will do very well at the test skates. Tutberidze’s skaters are always ready from the beginning of the junior season. They also did very well last season so the federation is aware of them. But Safonova and Shabotova definitely don’t have a chance.

Happy Skates

Final Flight

I think Usacheva and Kromykh are still safe, but maybe some of the former two aren't. Assuming everyone does alright at test skates, the 15 spots might be distributed something like:
2: Valieva
2: Sinitsina
2: Kanysheva
2: Tarakanova
2: Usacheva
2: Kromykh
2: Tarusina
1: Vasilieva (I'm not saying necessarily her but at least one of them will get only one)

Of course it all depends on how well they do at their first assignment. If more than one of these girls gets third or lower at her first assignment, Shabatova/Safanova might be able to sneak in and get one. And of course this is all assuming Gubanova doesn't go on the JGP, but I find it more likely that she doesn't.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I think Usacheva and Kromykh are still safe, but maybe some of the former two aren't. Assuming everyone does alright at test skates, the 15 spots might be distributed something like:
1: Vasilieva (I'm not saying necessarily her but at least one of them will get only one)

Of course it all depends on how well they do at their first assignment. If more than one of these girls gets third or lower at her first assignment, Shabatova/Safanova might be able to sneak in and get one. And of course this is all assuming Gubanova doesn't go on the JGP, but I find it more likely that she doesn't.

Good analysis. I think it really depends on who's skating against who, but seeing as how all of them are really good, even someone with silver will get a 2nd event. Vasilieva seems to have good jumps and some consistency. Valieva and Kanysheva are confirmed for 2 imo, and perhaps Tarusina given her consistency. We still don't know how's Tarakanova with the new coaching change, and how will Usacheva perform, though Kromykh seems quite set too.

Now, questions for everyone here:

1. Considering we've seen some of these juniors do quads, how early in the season do you think we'll see them try it in competition? Will Valieva follow in Trusova's footsteps and have it in her FS from the beginning? Will she become the youngest to land a quad (considering she does it before New Year)?

2. Who do you think is most likely to only get 1 event?

3. Also, I thought that Russia had 18 spots in total like for the seniors, especially since it's 7 events. Why isn't it like that for the juniors?

4. I went back and checked that last year they used up 14 spots, and why oh why didn't they give a second event to Sinitsyna, or even Vasilieva?

5. Who do you think will be the leader of the group? Valieva is the world's sweetheart right now, and keeping her SP was the best strategic thing they've done. If she lands that quad she's unstoppable: she'd have both Kostornaia's PCS and Sasha's TES. Otherwise, Kanysheva's on the rise.

Ah so many variables for the juniors too!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Good analysis. I think it really depends on who's skating against who, but seeing as how all of them are really good, even someone with silver will get a 2nd event. Vasilieva seems to have good jumps and some consistency. Valieva and Kanysheva are confirmed for 2 imo, and perhaps Tarusina given her consistency. We still don't know how's Tarakanova with the new coaching change, and how will Usacheva perform, though Kromykh seems quite set too.

Now, questions for everyone here:

1. Considering we've seen some of these juniors do quads, how early in the season do you think we'll see them try it in competition? Will Valieva follow in Trusova's footsteps and have it in her FS from the beginning? Will she become the youngest to land a quad (considering she does it before New Year)?

2. Who do you think is most likely to only get 1 event?

3. Also, I thought that Russia had 18 spots in total like for the seniors, especially since it's 7 events. Why isn't it like that for the juniors?

4. I went back and checked that last year they used up 14 spots, and why oh why didn't they give a second event to Sinitsyna, or even Vasilieva?

5. Who do you think will be the leader of the group? Valieva is the world's sweetheart right now, and keeping her SP was the best strategic thing they've done. If she lands that quad she's unstoppable: she'd have both Kostornaia's PCS and Sasha's TES. Otherwise, Kanysheva's on the rise.

Ah so many variables for the juniors too!

For 3-4: There's only 2 spots for men's, ladies', and dance for the highest countries at JWC, not 3 like at the GP. This year, Russia gets an extra spot in each of these disciplines at JGP Chelyabinsk as the host country. So, 15 spots this year, but only 14 last year.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I would say Vasilieva and Frolova are the substitutes for the "guaranteed" 7. Whoever performs better at test skates will get a JGP spot. If one of the guaranteed 7 falters at their first event, either Vasilieva or Frolova will receive one as well. No love for Shabotova or Safonova sadly.

hanca

Record Breaker

I agree that those you named will likely get at least one JGP, but I don’t agree that all of them will get two. The most fair solution would be to give all eight of them one. That’s eight spots gone. Then everyone who placed first will get second spot. If by any chance there are still spots left, start handing out spot to those who placed second, in the order according to their scores. This way it would be fair and maximise the skaters getting into JGPF.

Personally, I think Vasilieva actually has better chance to have two than Khromykh or Usacheva, based on their skating last year. Usacheva and Khromykh were very good, but not as completely consistent as Tutberidze’s students usually are. One mistake in the SP could even put them out of medal or at least push down to third place, if there are other strong skaters at the event. Vasilieva was quite consistent last season.