2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 143 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

sx98423

On the Ice
Everything that was "copied thousands of times" was copied for the first time once. And, btw, I didn't see any triple in the video which should probably cause my ethical indignation.

my point was that there's a difference between daniil copying jojo's choreography and stating he was influenced by her vs. daniil copying her choreography and trying to pass it off as his own. the examples that people are giving about copying being ok are all in instances where it's obvious what the original work was. no one thinks alina's swan lake and DQ were 100% made up by eteri and daniil, everyone understands that they were influenced by ballets.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
But it's upsetting seeing people do this.

Well, what I see people doing reminds me the line from Red Dwarf:

I know you're in that belt... somewhere... One little mistake... and you're mine...

Now looong waiting of all those who have some problem with Daniil, trough tens of choreographies, both in competition and for ex. And then finally...

The mistake is made... (according to them)

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany

I know you're in that belt... somewhere... One little mistake... and you're mine...

Now looong waiting of all those who have some problem with Daniil, trough tens of choreographies, both in competition and for ex. And then finally...

The thing is daniil tried to sell it to the public like it was his own original choreo. Which it is not. That is the thing .The thing would have been ok if he just said from the beginning that he took identical parts from Jojo for Alinas ex. But he didn't, he never even contacted Jojo, to at least inform her.

sx98423

On the Ice

honestly this is not a little mistake, it's a pretty big mistake that daniil should rightfully be criticized of. i think anyone looking through my history would know that alina is my favourite skater and that i also like her coaches but when people mess up they should be held accountable. even if this was a little mistake daniil should still face the consequences.

at work do you tell your boss "oh it's just a little mistake it's no big deal"? that sort of attitude gets you a certain reputation and makes people hesitant to work with you in the future

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The thing is daniil tried to sell it to the public like it was his own original choreo. Which it is not. That is the thing .The thing would have been ok if he just said from the beginning that he took identical parts from Jojo for Alinas ex. But he didn't, he never even contacted Jojo, to at least inform her.

Did he say (or "sold") something you are suggesting here? I don't think so, I think those are just conclusions from those who, just as I have pointed, waited for "something". And as it was stated already, taking "identical parts" is as common as that ice is white in this matter.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist

Are you some sort of super fan of that team or something? That's not a good argument you're making. Just because the black swan sp was my favourite of the whole olympic season, doesn't mean that I shouldn't dislike this situation in particular. It's not just black and white flanker, and it's clear now that some people are gonna go above and beyond to defend someone.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
honestly this is not a little mistake, it's a pretty big mistake that daniil should rightfully be criticized of. i think anyone looking through my history would know that alina is my favourite skater and that i also like her coaches but when people mess up they should be held accountable. even if this was a little mistake daniil should still face the consequences.

at work do you tell your boss "oh it's just a little mistake it's no big deal"? that sort of attitude gets you a certain reputation and makes people hesitant to work with you in the future

I would leave it to the people, I mean skaters, if they would be "hesitant to work" with e. g. Daniil in the future, I don't take as an argument what someone thinks that other people may do.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
We're not talking about a move or two that have been done before but a whole choreography, same concept, timing and musicality, not only a similiar style. You can watch Jojo's Instagram stories if you want to hear her exact explanation why what happened here is stealing. It doesn't matter whether she has a financial claim or not. Daniil made a mistake and is rightfully being called out for it.
If I understood her correctly she also says Daniil reached out to her and apologized, at least he had the guts to do so. I just hope we never see that program again.

sx98423

On the Ice
I would leave it to the people, I mean skaters, if they would be "hesitant to work" with e. g. Daniil in the future, I don't take as an argument what someone thinks that other people may do.

i mean obviously eteri isn't gonna fire him lol, you don't stop working with someone because of one mistake and it seems like daniil understands what he did was wrong since he apologized to jojo.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Are you some sort of super fan of that team or something? That's not a good argument you're making. Just because the black swan sp was my favourite of the whole olympic season, doesn't mean that I shouldn't dislike this situation in particular. It's not just black and white flanker, and it's clear now that some people are gonna go above and beyond to defend someone.

Well, for you it seems very black, at least it looks like that to me, I don't see that on the scale between black and white at all. I don't expect that anything I say to anything that matters the team could be ever taken as "good argument" from you, and I don't think it is in any way surprising, our point of veiw was always nearly always completely opposite.

As for defence, I've seen so many attacks on the team without any reason or with completely false reason/accusation during just one year that I have no problem to defend them anytime, when I see something I've seen so many times, by which I mean what I've written, people prepared and desperately waiting for literally anything to use it for the purpose.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
If people would really care about Alina's well-being, they would stop making such a big thing out of this.

Yes, Daniil made a mistake, and the way the other choreographer reacted, especially with a minor being involved, is also a mistake, and certain people just want to set it on fire. Daniil apologized, a message for the other choreographer is on his instagram post with the program announcement, so I suppose he is trying to do his best now.

And I agree with the mention above, about bias, because only a certain group of posters keeps writing, and writing, and complaining about this situation. It's not pleasant, for anyone involved, a mistake was commited, and I really hope Alina won't read those comments, but please, stop making it even worse.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Well, for you it sems very black, at least it looks like that to me, I don't see that on the scale between black and white at all. I don't expect that anything I say to anything that matters the team could be ever taken as "good argument" from you, and I don't think it is in any way surprising, our point of veiw was always nearly always completely opposite.

As for defence, I've seen so many attacks on the team without any reason or with completely false reason/accusation during just one year that I have no problem to defend them anytime, when I see something I've seen so many times, by which I mean what I've written, people prepared and desperately waiting for literally anything to use it for the purpose.

Yes, your go-to argument is that we are all just waiting for them to make a mistake. I am more bothered about the people, not what actually happened.

believed

On the Ice
Why are people calling this “a mistake” as if he took one simple movement? He is really at fault for this — how can you watch a video and rip it off and think that’s okay? I’m glad he apologized to her (and she is allowed to be upset her work got stolen without compensation or at least acknowledgement) but it doesn’t mean he wasn’t in the wrong for it.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
If people would really care about Alina's well-being, they would stop making such a big thing out of this.

Yes, Daniil made a mistake, and the way the other choreographer reacted, especially with a minor being involved, is also a mistake, and certain people just want to set it on fire. Daniil apologized, a message for the other choreographer is on his instagram post with the program announcement, so I suppose he is trying to do his best now.

And I agree with the mention above, about bias, because only a certain group of posters keeps writing, and writing, and complaining about this situation. It's not pleasant, for anyone involved, a mistake was commited, and I really hope Alina won't read those comments, but please, stop making it even worse.
We are not even saying anything against alina. Lol. Since she isn't responsible for any of it. And its not complaining. As I see it the discussion here is not even so much about the thing itself but about the fact that what he did was wrong and a certain group of users don't fi d anything wrong with what he did. And another part finds something wrong with it. I isn't making the situation worse. So stop trying to shift the blame of this discussion on as you call it a certain group

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Another point is that it just makes Daniil look like a bad and uncreative choreographer. First of all, so not cool to copy someones creative outlet which they worked hard on and is their original work..I don't think Daniil would be too happy if someone would copy one of the programs he choreographed and performed it as a dance. Second it really makes him look very uncreative that he apparently cannot choreograph a program on his own to that song but copies another choreo almost to a tee? Without crediting that person? It baffles me how many people here are defending Daniil right now

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I think what Daniil did was unethical. I don't know if he deliberately copied the choreo expecting that no one would notice (which would be naive tbh) or if he simply made a mistake and forgot to give credit (it happens, we can't really know)

What matters now is that the original choreographer said that he apologized directly to her and she seems cool about it now. She mentioned that what really upset her was not getting the credit, so maybe now that it's not such a big deal to the involved parties, we can all also move on...

Bad joke coming: for those that complain that they don't like Daniil's choreo for Alina and that she should get choreo from someone else, you should be satisfied with this EX :agree:

sx98423

On the Ice
Bad joke coming: for those that complain that they don't like Daniil's choreo for Alina and that she should get choreo from someone else, you should be satisfied with this EX :agree:

lmao :laugh2: yes alina finally got choreo from someone else, this should assuage those who aren't fans of daniil's choreo for a while