Thread: 2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    She's my pick for 2022. She doesn't even need to work on her 'artistry', because frankly it has been there since she was 8 and it's already reached fruition. It's just now about getting a quad or two and staving off injury. Her spins are the best in the world, her jumps are light and easy (even that 4toe-3toe looked easy) and she just needs the perfect vehicles to set her apart from everyone.

I'd love to see a LP like this. Her LP last year was forgettable, she could do it in her sleep, not a challenge at all. No injuries, please!!!
    Agreed but I'd also add that she'll need a healthy transition with puberty. I think she looks like a promising hopeful for the olympics but avoiding injury and maintaining jumps with puberty or growth spurts is also key. And doesn't she have a quad? I thought I saw one on instagram but its getting harder and harder to keep track of the quadsters in Eteri's group. Of course, an instagram quad isn't the same as a competition quad.

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

14 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    Tarakanova has all the basics to become amazing. She just needs to understand music and choreography and restraint. She doesn't have to move her arms every five seconds for 'choreography', especially when it has nothing to do with the music or program. Hopefully Panova can help her with that.
    She’s got a passion though that I haven’t seen in a skater in a very long time. A passion that I think others could certainly add to their skating as much as any refinement she may need to add to hers. I think her biggest drawback is that she’ll always be hot cold. She’s full send and it’s great when it’s on but it crushes her when it’s not. Some skaters cruise on refinement and more subtle choreography but I’m not sure that’s going to fuel her inner fire.

She’s a firecracker with inherent potential to give us a full fledged grand finale with each and every performance. I’m hoping for the best because her potential when she is on gives me favorite performances each and every season.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Coated View Post
    Agreed but I'd also add that she'll need a healthy transition with puberty. I think she looks like a promising hopeful for the olympics but avoiding injury and maintaining jumps with puberty or growth spurts is also key. And doesn't she have a quad? I thought I saw one on instagram but its getting harder and harder to keep track of the quadsters in Eteri's group. Of course, an instagram quad isn't the same as a competition quad.
    Kamilas greatest threat to potential greatness is puberty. It depends how hard it hits her how much damage it will do. She's so good so young it's hard to believe.

Match Penalty

1 Not allowed!
    Ksenia IVANOVA [15] - 3A, skating practice [UPDATED] (06/2019)
    https://youtu.be/IMNrzgAFwsc

2 Not allowed!
    This is certainly a bit early. But next season, the presence even in the top 15 SB can not guarantee GP for Russian ladies . Taking into account the replenishment of the pool of applicants from the current juniors ( Tarakanova, Kanysheva, Sinitsyna, Tarusina and others).

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    Kamilas greatest threat to potential greatness is puberty. It depends how hard it hits her how much damage it will do. She's so good so young it's hard to believe.
    I don't know anything about what her growth potential is or what her parents look like. But just based on her gorgeous long limbs, I am more concerned for her than I am for any of the other talented ladies that are currently pre-pubescent. It wouldn't surprise me for her to grow tall. We rarely see ladies with that level of long limbs + gorgeous lines in figure skating, and I suspect that's because jumps are easier when your body type is smaller and more compact than long and elegant.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex65 View Post
    This is certainly a bit early. But next season, the presence even in the top 15 SB can not guarantee GP for Russian ladies . Taking into account the replenishment of the pool of applicants from the current juniors ( Tarakanova, Kanysheva, Sinitsyna, Tarusina and others).
    I guess they could try to do challengers events to get as high season best as possible.
    Or they could skate for another country, although I am not sure whether Russia would want to release them.

10 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex65 View Post
    At this point making it to Russian nationals alone is a bigger badge of honor than winning some international competitions =)
    Breaking into top 18 in Russia is ridiculously hard.

Tripping on the Podium

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nussnacker View Post
    At this point making it to Russian nationals alone is a bigger badge of honor than winning some international competitions =)
    Breaking into top 18 in Russia is ridiculously hard.
    It really will be. With 10 spots already taken by the GP skaters, the JGPF qualifiers and Cup Event skaters will have to fight for the remaining 8 slots. Tarakanova, Sinitsyna, Kanysheva, Tarusina, Vasilieva, Gubanova, Gulyakova, Leonova, Nugumamova I would assume are the main contenders, but also Maria T, Nastya Kostyuk and many others will fight for a spot! (Maybe Safonova will try for senior nationals this season?)

Am I forgetting anyone? This is assuming Panenkova will not compete.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andromache View Post
    I don't know anything about what her growth potential is or what her parents look like. But just based on her gorgeous long limbs, I am more concerned for her than I am for any of the other talented ladies that are currently pre-pubescent. It wouldn't surprise me for her to grow tall. We rarely see ladies with that level of long limbs + gorgeous lines in figure skating, and I suspect that's because jumps are easier when your body type is smaller and more compact than long and elegant.
    Very true. It's almost impossible for tall skaters like Polina and Maria to do big things and figure skating these days because they're like seven or eight in taller than the competition.

How tall is Kamila? She seems to be special now so I hope she keeps it when puberty hits.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    Very true. It's almost impossible for tall skaters like Paulina and Maria to do big things and figure skating these days because they're like seven or eight in taller than the competition.

How tall is Kamila? She seems to be special now so I hope she keeps it when puberty hits.
    Kamila and Kostornaia are about the same height. So Kamila is shorter than Anna and Sasha, as well as her other junior counterparts - Alena Kanysheva, Daria and Maya (who is the tallest of them all)

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    Kamila and Kostornaia are about the same height. So Kamila is shorter than Anna and Sasha, as well as her other junior counterparts - Alena Kanysheva, Daria and Maya (who is the tallest of them all)
    Thank you. Kamilas long limbs say she will have a growth spurt coming in the next 2 years.

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    Somebody who knows russian what are the girls saying here? https://vk.com/alextrusova?w=wall-151899764_16566

Also, the front line, blonde girl from here https://vk.com/eteritutberidze?z=pho...63151562%2Frev is the Ice Age Lyubov Rubtsova? I mean her? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR5QtXbgal0&t

Hilarious photo https://www.instagram.com/p/BzxXbHepAoh/ ))

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgya View Post
    Somebody who knows russian what are the girls saying here? https://vk.com/alextrusova?w=wall-151899764_16566
    I think they are saying (after "one, two, three") "vperyod" (вперёд)= "forwards".

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgya View Post

Also, the front line, blonde girl from here https://vk.com/eteritutberidze?z=pho...63151562%2Frev is the Ice Age Lyubov Rubtsova? I mean her? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR5QtXbgal0&t

Hilarious photo https://www.instagram.com/p/BzxXbHepAoh/ ))
    Who is the guy sitting left from the last photo? Is the coach in the first picture from Philippines?

Could something from Otava Yo Cossack's lezginka be used in programs? Such a beautiful music.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    GROUP A Russian Ladies

1-5
    Trusova (QUADS!!)
    Tuktamysheva (3 Axel!!)
    Scherbakova (4Lutz!!)
    Kostornaia (Consistency/Performance/Jumps)
    Medvedeva (Artistry)

Group B

6-11
    Zagitova (Under rotation, height problems, inconsistency)
    Konstantinova (Inconsistency)
    Samadurova (Not difficult programs compared to other ladies)
    Gubanova (Not on Senior GP, performances at RN over past three years always inside top 10 so underrated.
    Tarakanova (Jumps, consistency)
    Tarusina (Consistency)

Group C

12-16
    Sotskova (inconsistency, low BV of elements, height problems)
    Sakhonovich (see Bavarian Open 2019, inconsistent, low scores)
    Nugumanova (inconsistency)
    Guliakova (PCS not high, mediocre consistency)
    Vasilieva (consistency)

On the Ice

19 Not allowed!
    I would put Alina in group A (difficult combos, high PCS, also reigning world champ?!)

18 Not allowed!
    Haha! Alina’s not in Group A? Her artistry is good and her PCS are higher than Medvedeva who is more inconsistent than Alina and has worse tech. Alina’s also a World champion, and Olympic champion and you know.. also the FS and combined total WR holder.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Gubanova is only group C for me. Puberty problems, not loved by rusfed

16 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGubanova View Post
    GROUP A Russian Ladies

1-5
    Trusova (QUADS!!)
    Tuktamysheva (3 Axel!!)
    Scherbakova (4Lutz!!)
    Kostornaia (Consistency/Performance/Jumps)
    Medvedeva (Artistry)

Group B

6-11
    Zagitova (Under rotation, height problems, inconsistency)
    Konstantinova (Inconsistency)
    Samadurova (Not difficult programs compared to other ladies)
    Gubanova (Not on Senior GP, performances at RN over past three years always inside top 10 so underrated.
    Tarakanova (Jumps, consistency)
    Tarusina (Consistency)

Group C

12-16
    Sotskova (inconsistency, low BV of elements, height problems)
    Sakhonovich (see Bavarian Open 2019, inconsistent, low scores)
    Nugumanova (inconsistency)
    Guliakova (PCS not high, mediocre consistency)
    Vasilieva (consistency)
    I'm probably not supposed to say what I honestly think about this rating.

Page 181 of 728 FirstFirst ... 81131171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191231281681 ... LastLast