2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 198 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
Very true and that is of course expected. But when we have 5 pages of straight up speculation and bringing up old drama it gets tiresome. If someone dislikes a skater that’s fine, they don’t need to try and justify it to themselves or anyone else whenever said skater breaths the wrong way! That goes for all the ladies! :laugh:

True.

Scott512

Record Breaker
i think she wont be back to competition anytime soon, but seeing she can jump triples is nice and maybe she can put it in a show program if she do one

Anna P is quite the beauty and would be great in shows. But because she's in Russia where the competition is incredibly deep there's no point in her coming back competitively where she could not keep up with the technical wizards. it's so disappointing to see her have to step aside at a young age and others as well. But that's the way it goes with the Russian ladies.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Buyanova's wording is rather strict and serious:

"After the camp Nastya was expelled from CSKA because of the inconsistency of her current sports form with the tasks set for her "

OMG:( That is terrible news for Gubanova. I wonder what happens to her now??

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
OMG:( That is terrible news for Gubanova. I wonder what happens to her now??

She's moving to Saint Petersburg apparently. I don't know which school exactly
And what will Buyanova do? She kicked out both Sotskova and Gubanova + Polina and Max have retired, who's she left with?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And what will Buyanova do? She kicked out both Sotskova and Gubanova, who's she left with?

She has men still, but of ladies worth mentioning everybody was kicked out or left. Not so surprising considering their recent results, but this must be Buyanova's fault, at least partially.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
The news is discussed in Russia quite actively. There are 2 hypotheses: puberty (that's what Buyanova herself said: "Nastya is in too poor shape to go on") and conflict between them after Gubanova was left without GP while Konstantinova has 2 events.

Looks like CSKA is in dire straits. Mishin will be 80 in 18 months so that with all due respect he is unlikely to go on beyond Bejing. I don't like that all the might is concentrated with Eteri because what we are going to do if something happens to her? But that's what we have.

And yes, we should support her and her school - the national treasure. In "we" I mean true fans of Russian ladies figure skating.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
She has men still, but of ladies woth mentioning everybody was kicked out or left. Not so surprising considering their recent results, but this must be Buyanova's fault, at least partially.

Probably is, something must have happened during summer camp (or else she would've probably done it before).
So Danielyan and Voronov (I think?).. wow... she lost a lot of students this year!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The news is discussed in Russia quite actively. There are 2 hypotheses: puberty (that's what Buyanova herself said: "Nastya is in too poor shape to go on") and conflict between them after Gubanova was left without GP while Konstantinova has 2 events.

Looks like CSKA is in dire straits. Mishin will be 80 in 18 months so that with all due respect he is unlikely to go on beyond Bejing. I don't like that all the might is concentrated with Eteri because what we are going to do if something happens to her? But that's what we have.

And yes, we should support her and her school - the national treasure. In "we" I mean true fans of Russian ladies figure skating.

That's why I've mentioned some time ago that Russia needs another top team like Eteri (edit: and Mishin, who sooner or later will retire), because it can't be everything on her. To me as a foreigner it appears that Panova's Snow Leopards is potentionally very strong group, but quite underrated. As for CSKA, Sergei Davydov seems also to be very competent coach, but needs some strong senior. Can you name some other potentially strong coaches for ladies?

5Axel

Rinkside
Can you name some other potentially strong coaches for ladies?
What about Valentina Chebotareva or Angelina Turenko?
Edit : But the problem is that Chebotareva's students are quite inconsistent and Turenko has practically zero "political" influence.

DeeDee18

On the Ice
This is insane!! To stop working with an athlete is one thing, but expelling from an institution is a completely different level!! Does Buyanova actually have that much power?? The reason is very strange for such a big action

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
What about Valentina Chebotareva or Angelina Turenko?
Edit : But the problem is that Chebotareva's students are quite inconsistent and Turenko has practically zero "political" influence.

Turenko managed to help Sakhanovich get a GP over Gubanova with Buyanova (surprisingly). So... maybe if she could take Nastya back, something can work out.