2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Alina Zagitova looks like twin of Liza Nugumanova there... Is it Zagitova, really?

Hey you're right...I'm pretty sure that is Liza N there.

Old school throwback in that photo there. Imagine if they really were the top skaters at Russian Nats 2020, the world would probably implode!

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice

Old school throwback in that photo there. Imagine if they really were the top skaters at Russian Nats 2020, the world would probably implode!
Well it would be an interesting change of pace, imo would definitely make the next season interesting [emoji23][emoji23]

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Alina Zagitova looks like twin of Liza Nugumanova there... Is it Zagitova, really?

nope. thats definitely Zags.

My guess it is Russian Nationals 2017. Fun fact: that was he only time when Medvedeva beat Zagitova.

Rus Nats 2017. Zhenya - gold, Alina - silver, Maria Sotskova - bronze. Alina technically was not on the senior level yet, but even then Alina already had higher BV and TES than anyone there at Rus Nats (and in the whole world?). Alina won in TES total by approximately 1 point - she had a very high difficulty and her BV overall was higher by 4 points than Med, although Zhenya was receiving slightly bigger +GOE points back then. But Medvedeva won by 12 points overall - that's how higher her PCS were that time (13+ points higher than Zagitova back then).

That was the only competition when Meds placed higher than Zags, courtesy of a higher PCS. TAT was excited and called her proudly on national tv live: "that's our ticking bomb for Olympics 2018". How ironically right on the money she were back then. Zags didnt make the team for Worlds 2017 because of she was only 14 yo back then. But she went to Juniors and won there. Next season Zagitova became senoir and was unbeatable all the way till Milan's meltdown.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I was NOT expecting that...holy sht.

Be right back, I'm going to call everyone who said juniors wouldn't be impressive after the 3A leaves and ask them to eat their words.
Not to be the party crashes here, but let's wait until she jumps it in a competition as we have seen with Anna its something else to jump in in practice or to jump it in competitions

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I was NOT expecting that...holy sht.

Be right back, I'm going to call everyone who said juniors wouldn't be impressive after the 3A leaves and ask them to eat their words.

Isn't that amazing... how is she able to motivate them and make them all jump quads?
Not only Kamila has a very mature skating for her age, but also a quad now. Watch out Alysa, 3A-s are definitely not enough to beat Kamila!
New competitor for Beijing 2022 gold!

anna gabriela

Rinkside
Wow, I don’t know why but I didn’t expect quads from Kamila and yet there it is. I already thought she was a very strong contender for gold in Beijing but now, and I know it sounds ridiculous to say it so early, I feel almost certain she’ll win. She’ll be just like Alina in PC, except with quads.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Isn't that amazing... how is she able to motivate them and make them all jump quads?
Not only Kamila has a very mature skating for her age, but also a quad now. Watch out Alysa, 3A-s are definitely not enough to beat Kamila!
New competitor for Beijing 2022 gold!

Alysa has a Quad Lutz. She does not only have her 3A