2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 824 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Alina was present at training session for Navka's Show, although this probably doesn't say much about her injury situation.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
If its true about the injury it seems its not that serious since she is at cska training for her show. But well she could be training but not jumping . Which we do not know.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Alina skipping Nats means end of her season and a PR nightmare for Team Tutberidze, so they will do everything to get her ready IMO

Eteri's team is capable of sweeping the podium, with or without Alina. If she is injured, she may as well end her season now to accelerate the timeline for her to heal. There's no chance of her making the Euros/World team if she isn't 100% healthy.

andromache

Record Breaker
Wouldn't this especially effect her 3Lz-3Lo combos? Or maybe the -3Lo is the cause of it?

Tara Lipinski had hip issues at a very young age due to her 3Lo-3Lo combo. I remember Alina doing 3Lo-3Lo-3Lo-3Lo (I don't know the exact number but it was a LOT of 3Loops) during the Olympics and I was concerned for her hips at that time.

Alina skipping Nats means end of her season and a PR nightmare for Team Tutberidze, so they will do everything to get her ready IMO

What is a bigger PR nightmare - Alina skating badly at Nats or not skating at all? And will it really be a PR nightmare? Probably not so bad as long as the 3A sweep the podium again, which they are likely to do.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Who cares about PR, Alina and her team should do what’s best for her and her future.
Also, p.s., Johnny said that when talking with Alina in summer during one of the shows, Alina said she wants to have a very long career
Whether or not she misses nationals matters for this season, but does not matter long term.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Channel One has now released its complete broadcasts on the Grand Prix Finals for all the world. Tarasova, Grishkov and Averbukh where commentating, and of course rightfully very proud over the performances and results of the Russian girls.

Was Tat'yana Tarasova still under the weather (she was recently ill, according to Russian media), since she didn't sound her usual self?

Has her attitude towards #TeamTutberidzeForProgress, its skaters and especially Alina Zagitova improved, now she cannot ignore the truth any longer?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Thank you for this video. That's the best Gubanova has skated since she was underscored in her short program at the Russian Cup final in February. I am hoping she is getting comfortable with her new surroundings in St. Petersburg.

Somehow I cannot share the joy looking at her.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
WTH? Why Sam why?

Stasya looked really good.

Stasya? I thought Sam was talking about Gubanova? And I have to agree with him. Nastya is not looking as good this year. I think she will probably fight to be in the top 10 at RusNats.

Stasya looked better here. I noticed she changed her combo to Flip. We'll see in the long if she can hold it together. Maybe she will not be last at RusNats after all.

The one I am worried the most about though is Talalaykina. I didn't see her, but she only scored 60 points here in the short. She really needs to work hard come Nationals.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Stasya? I thought Sam was talking about Gubanova? And I have to agree with him. Nastya is not looking as good this year. I think she will probably fight to be in the top 10 at RusNats.

Stasya looked better here. I noticed she changed her combo to Flip. We'll see in the long if she can hold it together. Maybe she will not be last at RusNats after all.

The one I am worried the most about though is Talalaykina. I didn't see her, but she only scored 60 points here in the short. She really needs to work hard come Nationals.

Of course he was talking about anastasia but I also pointed out that stanislava looked really good in her skate.

What exactly do you mean when you say Gubanova not looking this good this year? Are you talkin about performance or puberty ? She has to start over again with their new coach and new situation and she just scored the most she's ever scored in the short program before even if it was a minor event with high quality skateres. By the way if Nastia makes the top 10 at Russian Nationals that's really good.