2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 553 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
*UPDATED* Russian Ladies in the SB list after 15 (of 30) events

Thanks for the table and quick resume.

For this season, with the full complement of Four Amazing Aces from Khrustalniy thrown in the mix, what will the cutoff score become? 200, 205, 210? The ex-3A will surely provoke a rise in difficulty and execution needed to make GP. Tarakanova, Vasil'yeva and esp Samodurova need to up their scores.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I bet it is. Just look here, there was a direct violation of the rules. Moderators, of course, do not respond (cuz why? it’s obvious that everything is fine). Eight likes at the moment.

Being a mod is neither fun nor easy, so many threads to monitor.

Of course some people are more hotheaded than others, some have a different vocabulary or command over English.

Reporting offensive postings is the only way to make the moderating team enforce the rules on everybody. For no rules discussions, bashing etc, there are other boards and apps.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the table and quick resume.

For this season, with the full complement of Four Amazing Aces from Khrustalniy thrown in the mix, what will the cutoff score become? 200, 205, 210? The ex-3A will surely provoke a rise in difficulty and execution needed to make GP. Tarakanova, Vasil'yeva and esp Samodurova need to up their scores.

I would guess the cut off will be around 200 points. And yes, there are some that need to up their scores. There is still opportunities for Samodurova, Konstantinova and Vasilieva. But for Tarakanova it's probably over, unless she gets a spot at Junior Worlds or at the last Challenger - Golden Spin.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Russia's new generation of skaters (Alexandra Trusova, Alena Kostornaia, Anna Shcherbakova) raised the bar for others. All of them scored around 160 in free skate in the last few weeks. Trusova has four quads like men do and she should be able to score close to 170, if she can improve other elements. She wasn't happy with 160 she recorded at the Japan Open.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I would guess the cut off will be around 200 points. And yes, there are some that need to up their scores. There is still opportunities for Samodurova, Konstantinova and Vasilieva. But for Tarakanova it's probably over, unless she gets a spot at Junior Worlds or at the last Challenger - Golden Spin.

Tarakanova should be in GP! But she needs to earn her start ...

making the junior Worlds team and medaling most likely, tough path

Putting down an excellent score in that final Challenger, perhaps easier, depending on the competitors but of course she needs to be assigned first.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Tarakanova should be in GP! But she needs to earn her start ...

making the junior Worlds team and medaling most likely, tough path

Putting down an excellent score in that final Challenger, perhaps easier, depending on the competitors but of course she needs to be assigned first.

There are so many Russian Ladies that desperately need a spot at that final Challenger.

Tarakanova, Gubanova, Leonova, Gulyakova, Talalaykina, Tsibinova.

We will know in a couple of weeks I guess...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
There are so many Russian Ladies that desperately need a spot at that final Challenger.

Indeed, and many skaters need that CS or GP start for morale and confidence booster. Based on what I know, I'd give that final spot to Tsibinova for proving herself under pressure, Tarakanova has had her chance, the SPb B-team, well, victims of the famine for starts unfortunately.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Indeed, and many skaters need that CS or GP start for morale and confidence booster. Based on what I know, I'd give that final spot to Tsibinova for proving herself under pressure, Tarakanova has had her chance, the SPb B-team, well, victims of the famine for starts unfortunately.

If I would guess, I'd say Russia sends 3 ladies to Golden Spin. I think it will be Tsibinova, Gubanova and Leonova. But it's anyone's guess so I could be wrong...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Crossing fingers for Nugumanova given her good results at the Cup events earlier this season.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
More precisely - "Today you are hero". Eteri always be Eteri :biggrin:

btw, Eteri write in her instagram in English: "One down" and #onedownfivetogo :laugh:

That's confidence! But all the Russian press and most other experts agree, when skating cleanly, the Four Aces are without peer.

karina17

Final Flight
With her two programs at Skate America, Anna has officially joined two clubs: Landed Everything in the Short Program and then Randomly Fell in the Step Sequence (founder: Alyona), and Landed Multiple Quads in the Free Program but Couldn't Rotate the 3Lz-3Lo (founder: Sasha) :laugh: Just 3A things?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
With her two programs at Skate America, Anna has officially joined two clubs: Landed Everything in the Short Program and then Randomly Fell in the Step Sequence (founder: Alyona), and Landed Multiple Quads in the Free Program but Couldn't Rotate the 3Lz-3Lo (founder: Sasha) :laugh: Just 3A things?

LOL, has Anna founded her own little league yet?

Small deficits compared to the greater sum of things. But #TeamTutberidzeForProgress won't let these sit uncorrected. Nothing will be left to coincidence, perfection is what they strive for.

Young skaters still need to get fine tuned in their mindset, balance their concentration, their programs slightly adapted here and there. Anna hasn't touched her ceiling yet, not by far, lots of room to grow.

skatenewbie

Medalist
If she did well in her 2nd Cup events then she might get Golden Spin, like Nugumanova. Her shot to JW isnt over yet. Probably Valieva and Sinitsyna is a lock as of now, but Usacheva and Vasilieva is beatable (might get harder if one of them medal at JGPF thougg)