2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1058 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

brakes

On the Ice
That's the hallmark of true mastery, making the most difficult jumps look effortless :)

And she seems to be working hard on stabilising her triksel.
I know, but Trusova, Shcherbakova and Valieva have that speed and focus before the quads, that add some "oomph" to them, makes them spectacular.
Akatieva has such insane rotation speed (best of all Russian skaters) that she probably doesn't even need to prepare and accentuate her quad, which in result, make them less spectacular. Sounds ridiculous, but I feel like that watching her. Her quads look TOO EASY! :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I am sure we'll see a triksel of the same quality soon.

Rozanov seems to work well with his charges. And he is still young enough to goof around on the ice together with the kids once in a while ;-)

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I know, but Trusova, Shcherbakova and Valieva have that speed and focus before the quads, that add some "oomph" to them, makes them spectacular.
Akatieva has such insane rotation speed (best of all Russian skaters) that she probably doesn't even need to prepare and accentuate her quad, which in result, make them less spectacular. Sounds ridiculous, but I feel like that watching her. Her quads look TOO EASY! :laugh:

Looking too easy - this is Sophia's second name. :) In all that she does on ice. So easily and elegant. Magnificently. :luv17:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
With the demise of fskate.ru , a new resource has opened: allskaters.info , with a language selection button even. Though the automatic machine translations are often less than accurate.

Here I learned that like Sof'ya Akat'yeva, Alina Gorbachyova was also born on the wrong side of the age line: July 23, 2007. So like with Sof'ya, Alina has actually more time to improve in strength and artistry, hone her skills and be more competitive in the 2021/2022 season as first year juniors (within the current age definitions).

Adeliya Petrosyan, born June 5, 2007 will be a very young contestant in next season international juniors. Her scoring average of around 200 is certainly enough for being a competitive contestant amongst those without ultra-si. And she seems psychologically and emotionally stable, calm, composed. Recalling her pre junior Test Skates Channel One feature, quite smart and outspoken too amidst the other children. And flourishing in Khrustalniy's regime, which is also a good sign.

Season has not finished for the young ones, there is still National Championships in Younger Age, Older Age, Spartakiad Final, and perhaps some selected smaller events for them to conquer.

brakes

On the Ice
With the demise of fskate.ru , a new resource has opened: allskaters.info , with a language selection button even. Though the automatic machine translations are often less than accurate.
Wow, they even link to individual skate videos! :gclap:
And the base looks like copied from fskate, everything is in place! :hap57:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Wow, they even link to individual skate videos! :gclap:
And the base looks like copied from fskate, everything is in place! :hap57:

fskate.ru is still on the wayback machine, and can be extracted for safe keeping or re-use.

Results are in the public domain, but the fate of fskate can befall this initiative too.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
February 26, 1900 Moscow time, live broadcast of "Road to Victory" show by the combined teams of Eteri Tutberidze and Nina Mozer: https://www.1tv.ru/sport/figurnoe-katanie-na-pervom , the clock is already counting down.

There might be a geoblock during the live, but it will most likely appear on YT pretty soon thereafter, plus there might be the usual illegal restreams.

Amei

Record Breaker
This topic makes little sense. Understood pretty well that being messy or totally messy ruins any chances for podium. When and if major competitors are clean.
Say if Trusova lands zero quads and no trixel, her overall result may be 10th or 20th.
But all the same correct for others exactly. No chance the Board will give all 10 PCS for messy jumps.

Of course if Trusova lands zero quads and no triple axel she won't podium, but a mostly clean Rika with her full arsenal of jumps easily threatens the podium lock that Trusova has had where she could risk more because she had such a high BV that as long as she landed a quad or 2 that third place was still pretty much a lock. If Rika's mostly clean (as long as the error isn't in the SP on the triple axel where she pops it and gets buried like last year) and Trusova skates like she did at any of her last 3 competitions - I would put money on Rika being on the podium over Trusova.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Of course if Trusova lands zero quads and no triple axel she won't podium, but a mostly clean Rika with her full arsenal of jumps easily threatens the podium lock that Trusova has had where she could risk more because she had such a high BV that as long as she landed a quad or 2 that third place was still pretty much a lock. If Rika's mostly clean (as long as the error isn't in the SP on the triple axel where she pops it and gets buried like last year) and Trusova skates like she did at any of her last 3 competitions - I would put money on Rika being on the podium over Trusova.

Trusova without 3A and only 2 Quads has never been a podium lock.

Trusova with 3 quads without 3A most likely 3rd place, unless both Anna and Alena underperform.
Trusova with 4 Quads without 3A or 3 Quads and 3A is most likely winning unless Anna goes clean. (Even JO version of Trusova is IMO, beating Russian Nationals version of Anna, but judges will probably call it overwise)
Trusova with 5 Quads or 4 Quads and 3A will win regardless of her competition.

Clean Rika will beat 2 Quad Trusova and most likely, so will Clean Alina and Clean Liza.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Rica will win Sasha vs Sasha will win all.
I think both options are equally probable. Sasha failed at the last starts, however, Rika never beat Sasha at face-to-face meetings over the years. So we'll see. I just hope that they are all healthy and in best shape so that we see the exciting competition of these incredible skaters.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Yes, maximized declared Trusova's content being done properly means "Vae victis".
Being done...

I'm fully sure she did all those SP (with 3A) and LP (with 5 quads) more than once in practice. Hope she will do it more than once in competitions. It will mean she has a Major.
If not she will be Another Wikipedia Girl forever...

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Alexandra can beat Rika, Even Alena and still lose :biggrin:

If Anna will be in a perfect shape and lands 3 quads, Trusova is going to need either that 5 Quad routine or at least ( :biggrin: ) 4 Quads and 3 Axel in SP.

Also Europeans are no indication of what version of 3A will show up at worlds, all of them were out of shape there, especially Alexandra who took rest during hollidays.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
We mustn't forget that both Sasha and Anna besides their quads have very difficult programs. They have Euler-Salchow and Loop combinations.

So Rika must be super clean, while Anna and Sasha can afford mistakes on their quads.

Arbitrary

Medalist
We mustn't forget that both Sasha and Anna besides their quads have very difficult programs. They have Euler-Salchow and Loop combinations.

So Rika must be super clean, while Anna and Sasha can afford mistakes on their quads.

Those combos considered mainstream now... Nice to have "after" everything else.