2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 836 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
All the coaches liked that post, including Rozanov.
Besides, Alina, Anna Shcherbakova and Serfima Sakhanovich also did.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Is there any way to find a full link to what TAT said?

As for the politics angle I think the Russian Fed cares about winning above all else, Sambo 70 shouldn’t be worried for now unless Liza not only brings her 4T+3T but also one of the 3A makes a huge mistake. Even then I think for this season at least the temptation to try to sweep Worlds would be too high and Lisa’s 4T is an unknown quantity.

I know who I personally want to send the worlds but pragmatically sending the 3A is the best choice. So long as nationals goes to plan of course.

ruga

Final Flight

I assume Serafima's and Plushenko's relationship isn't too friendly. I remember she also liked and posted a supportive comment on Nastya T's post where she responded to Plushenko's comments about herself. Overall, it's pretty ironic that Evgeni is saying that Alina needs a coaching team that would give her more attention considering he barely went to any competitions even with his top students (Ryabova, Sakhanovich, Tarakanova) and from what Nastya T has said he isn't exactly a perfect coach either. But everyone is entitled to their opinion of course.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
WOW,just WOW.

Team Tutberidze went after probably 2 of the most well connected and influential people in Russian FS?! IF they (especially Tarasova) starts using her influence and connections against them... TeamTut may have problems.

Starts?!? You're joking, right? :)

colormyworld240

Medalist
Alina cites lack of motivation (much like Yuna did after she won everything). I don't think a less competitive environment is going to help her with motivation... Alina also said in the past that she needs to find the adrenaline, not be too relaxed, and needs to be constantly challenged. Constant praise and "easy trainings" aren't for her. These are her own words (paraphrased). So let's just listen to what she says and take them as the truth for her career as they're definitely more true than what "fans" think she should do.

Kudos to Eteri's team for standing up to TAT, it's about time. She has said so many awful things about Alina on her olympic win and all her post-olympic competitions. She's always had it out for Alina (compare it to how she reacted after Adelina took a break post olympic win). Someone needed to put her in her place, and who better than the team. I only wish they commented sooner. As for Plushenko, I never noticed any influence he had so whatever he says has little relevance. Yes, he's an olympic champion but that doesn't buy class; maybe he should take Alina as an example of that.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Coaching change for Alina makes no sense.

This isn't Medvedeva situation,she didn't lose her trust in Eteri and Co(at least, it's not hinted anywhere in this article) reasons of rumored bad relationship between Alina and Coaches are lack of motivation and refusal to work hard(alleged), if she doesn't fix that, no coach is going to help her.

Also, negotiating with new coach when you have motivational issues seems strange.

In respect to motivation and all it must be hard be it Alinia or like Patrick Chan to one beon top but know you can't compete with the tricks of others. Your heart may be willing but your body may ot be able too whether it be age or whatever.I am not comparing Alina's skating skill to Patrick but psycologically or simply doing the math you know it is almostimpossible to win and it is hard to e on top then to be barely on the podium to being well off the podium.

If you got rid of 3A really it is Rika and liza who can be beaten without triple axels or quads. It takes a lot of fortitude and push to continue on with full igor ie Evgenia who at least extended her competitive career by a couple of years. It is rare you have a world class skater like Liza, Alina and Evgenia who can't make their national team.

Alina has an OGM and that will put her down in the record books. Nothing can or will change that.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Did Alina really say in her speech that one can't master quads at the age of 17?

No. He asked her why didn't she learn quads and she explained that she couldn't before the Olympics for the risk of injury and last year she was growing and dealing with some loss of coordination. So she missed the moment when she was younger, but I didn't hear her say that it is impossible to do now.

Finley

Record Breaker
Also Moris, Lilbet and ..... Cristina Carreira :)

:luv17:

It's times like these you get reminded that skaters and coaches can feel the same things we feel but can't always freely express themselves on every subject without fear of consequences. I guess this time they all just decided to heck with it - let everything fall where it may.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

TAT made a counter on her IG perhaps? And who liked that?

How do you find out all those names, there are often many thousands??

Finley

Record Breaker
I'm asking in order not to get it twisted. I do not speak Russian and online translations are not very trustworthy.

Online translations can be confusing.

Liza has already proven that quads can be learned after 17.

I thought Alina handled herself very well in a difficult interview about an emotional decision.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Trankov is also supporting that post with a comment ... lol, it seems like a lot of people had a lot to say, but didn’t dare.

Well, even if your aren't exactly in Khrustalniy's camp, as a decent human being who loves his/her sport, you can use your influence -cast your vote, so to say- to cleanse some of the dirt and smudge, and make known there are limits to the behaviour of public celebrities. Esp when it concerns the Olympic Champion and the rink that will bring home many gold medals while representing Russia.