2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 709 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

ruga

Final Flight
Well, Sasha's BV was 87+, so it is difficult to beat her with triples only when she lands and rotates most of her quads.

Though I'm pretty sad for Zhenya, her sum of total scores is very high, higher than that of many skaters who will go above her in standings (I know, different competitions, but still). She made mistakes in the strongest GP so far and that basically cost her a GPF chance, because it was nearly impossible to beat Sasha at the 2nd event for reasons mentioned above.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Well, Sasha's BV was 87+, so it is difficult to beat her with triples only when she lands and rotates most of her quads.

Though I'm pretty sad for Zhenya, her sum of total scores is very high, higher than that of many skaters who will go above her in standings (I know, different competitions, but still). She made mistakes in the strongest GP so far and that basically cost her a GPF chance, because it was nearly impossible to beat Sasha at the 2nd event for reasons mentioned above.

If only she could have had that Skate Canada SP skated like this

She would have had a chance maybe. Even if 4th behind Young You and Rika Kihira and Anna ofc

Scott512

Record Breaker
Thanks. So sorry Stanislava finished 11th at home and against the weak field too. But as I've said many times this is sports and this is life.
She had barely gotten off the ice lol

People said she had no artistry and didnt deserve to win with two falls... that was unkind

Sasha needs to develop a very thick skin. Partly to cushion her falls and partly to cushion her from the savage trolls on the internet mocking her abilities. To me unless it's a Grand Prix final or Russian Nationals or World championship there is no reason for this girl to do four quads in an event. It's too risky to her health. 2022 is the big year for Sasha not 2019 or 20. She has to be ready the Olympic season what she's doing now should be setting up 2022. Her parents really should get her to pull back a little bit.

katymay

Medalist
It was not immediate.

They were opinions that differed with yours about Sasha's artistry compared to the other two medalists. That's what we do here. :biggrin:

And it didn't ruin the thread for me;)

I've seen Sasha better, I think she was a bit 'off' today (Her practice earlier was....not good). I still wonder if she is not feeling well. I much preferred her performance at Russian Test skates, I just don't get why she must do 4 quads.

And of course, criticism of her lack of artistry is fair. BUT, on social media, more of it seems to be Green Eyed Monsterism. Mommy and Daddy have just about mortgaged the home to keep Little Snowflake on the ice. Before Trusova, there was every possibility that Little Snowflake would be an Olympian one day. Little Snowflake can land every triple (let's assume). But then Trusova came along and changed the game. Now all that money and all that time spent investing in the figure skating career of Little Snowflake is down the drain, and the 'Trusovas' and 'Alysa Lius' are the girls at the top. When you think about it, Trusova has destroyed the dreams of many skaters-world wide. So just like Alysa Liu, there is going to be antipathy-probably more on the part of the parents than other skaters.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Samarin in the mens FS only scored 84 TES and only had one successful quad
Sasha had 3 successful quads and 95 TES

No man here landed more than 2 quads successfully either

Sasha would have won the MENS FS nevermind the ladies!

That is mind blowing

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

That is mind blowing

Had she competed quad quads cleanly and scored like 105-110 in TES, she'd have kicked their *sses. Which sort of says more about the state of men's figure skating where the guy with the least falls on his quads wins.

Like I've said elsewhere, I'd hate to see womens' figure skating go this way, and with only 2 quadsters in the field of play, there is little chance of this happening any time soon. But already the outrage over Aleksandra (and Anna to a lesser extent) destroying 'ladies' figure skating by turning it into sport, with all the attacks on Tutberidze c.s. and the Khrustalniy skaters is worrying, and perhaps even frightening to those actively involved.

waltzjump2

Rinkside
Does anyone know if theres an updated GP standings link?

I don't know any official ones but the order is (* still need to skate NHK Trophy)
1. Alexandra Trusova (30)
2. Anna Scherbakova (30)
3. Bradie Tennell (22)
4. Satoko Miyahara (22)
5. Mariah Bell (22)
6. Elizabeta Tuktamysheva (22)
7. Evgenia Medvedeva (20)
8. Young You (20)
9. Kaori Sakamoto (18)
10. Alena Kosternaia (15)*
11. Rika Kihira (13)*
12. Alina Zagitova (13)*

Last edited:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

That is mind blowing

Lol, exactly!
She was only competing with herself, in her own league truly!
One of a kind!

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
The pressure is really on for Alyona and Alina

Plus there is Rika Kihira who also has a silver doesn't she? And a higher score than Alina? Shouldn't Rika be on that list?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Reading the comments, we all know from whom the nastiness is coming from :)
But oh well, some things never change, sore losers will remain to be sore losers :)

I don't know who sore losers are, but they surely are not Zhenya fans, and you would not be importing fan wars from somewhere else, would you?

Such a kidder you are:laugh:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I don't know who sore losers are, but they surely are not Zhenya fans, and you would not be importing fan wars from somewhere else, would you?

Such a kidder you are:laugh:

You too, hun, such a kidder ;)
Sore losers are people who pour out massive hate talk and dislike storm on a teenager on their videos, because, boohoo, they can’t handle her win :)
Much like those who massively disliked Alysa’s videos, sore losers as well! ;)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Zhenya and Sasha being adorable:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B48DfyLo7g-/?igshid=1wdf7b3z8ygyk

Sasha posted this on her story - she‘s carrying the gigantic bear to the bus while Zhenya‘s filming and laughing in the back. :laugh:

Also, I don’t have a video of that but I saw Tweets translating (and I think it‘s on olympicchannel‘s story as well) the press conference:

Zhenya was stroking Tina‘s head and Sasha said that Tina was very happy to see her. Then Zhenya said: she‘s got such a round head! (Tina not Sasha) and one of the reporters, obviously confused, asked whether she was supposed to have a squared head or what. Zhenya only laughed and said she had a French bulldog with a squared head so that’s what she’s used to. Overall it was quite funny to watch the two interact. I might not be happy with the direction the sport is heading in as a whole but I certainly am happy seeing these two amazing ladies and their respect, sportsmanship and just lovely personalities overall. :)

Some more interviews from the press conference:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B48Gca8IQZ5/?igshid=14mg898rkuxe7

https://www.instagram.com/p/B48Gpxwo3uf/?igshid=zjdow02dfk19

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B48EKBEotMC/?igshid=jiaz00wu7m8s

The last link is for the whole press conference, I think, but I especially like the translated answer by Zhenya. Very interesting and insightful answer as usually!

Congratulations to both Zhenya and Sasha on any rate, it was a wonderful event!

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I don't know any official ones but the order is (* still need to skate NHK Trophy)
1. Alexandra Trusova (30)
2. Anna Scherbakova (30)
3. Bradie Tennell (22)
4. Satoko Miyahara (22)
5. Mariah Bell (22)
6. Elizabta Tusktamysheva (22)
7. Evgenia Medvedeva (20)
8. Young You (20)
9. Kaori Sakamoto (18)
10. Alena Kosternaia (15)*
11. Alina Zagitova (13)*
I'm feeling pretty spoilt right now, all my fav skaters in one competition [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] It's like Christmas has been moved forward a few weeks [emoji16][emoji320][emoji268][emoji318]

silveruskate

On the Ice
Wow, I'm so so proud of both our Russian stars. I quite like the theatrics of what Sasha brings with her A*** level of difficulty jumps. 4 quads and a 3Lz-3Lo (+ 3Lz) is beyond words and she always lands almost everything!

Being so spoiled by a clean consistent Zhenya throughout the years it makes you forget how hard it really is, this feels so good. It will do so much for her confidence and everything is there and better. I'm so excited to see the further improvements for the future!