2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1112 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Fried

Final Flight
That video was taken in a park, definitely not in front of her house.

P.S even if it was in front of the house it wouldn't matter, she is supposed to be staying at home.

Putin shakes hands with doctors treating Covid19 patients and it's OK. But when a top athlete moves after a week of isolation on a completely empty (!) open space, the press is upside down. This is just idiotic.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Putin shakes hands with doctors treating Covid19 patients and it's OK. But when a top athlete moves after a week of isolation on a completely empty (!) open space, the press is upside down. This is just idiotic.

Putin uses Purell hand sanitizer. ;)

What did the Press say about Sasha?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

That cow Rodina immediately created a scandalous YT

... and no doubt all the yellow pages will pick it up, just like they did with Zagitova driving behind her house.

Fried

Final Flight
Putin uses Purell hand sanitizer. ;)

I referred to the posted link.
And the comments below show well that the news falls on fertile ground: when I read that the exhaled virus falls to the ground and is later transmitted via the soles of shoes and the author advises that the brain be turned on, my hair becomes bristling.

Disinfectant is of no use if none of the handshakes wear a protective mask.

Scott512

Record Breaker
That cow Rodina immediately created a scandalous YT

... and no doubt all the yellow pages will pick it up, just like they did with Zagitova driving behind her house.

Rodina again? I thought Alexei Yagudin had her banned or something. She is a terrible example for young people in the media. I sure hope some of our favorite figure skaters have stopped following Rodina online. But after she said she wanted to slash Alinas face an called her a prostitute some of Alinas teammates still followed Rodina. Not cool.

Amei

Record Breaker

Pretty sure Putin is quarantined as well, and there's a big difference between leaders of countries being seen during a global pandemic and an athlete violating a law and openly parading around that they are doing it. People in the public's eye are getting a lot of negative attention when they are breaking the curfew/stay-at-home orders - I saw on the news that a Serbian soccer/football player broke curfew laws, was arrested and is now sentenced to 3 months home confinement and could have been sentenced up to 3 years in jail. Trusova is supposed to be quarantined for 2 weeks because her family felt the need to still take their Egyptian vacation while there is a worldwide pandemic going on. And let's be clear here - the only reason this video is in the press is because Trusova had someone film it and posted it on her own social media page; this is similar to the Zagitova opening the door with her foot video and the subsequent criticism (granted Trusova has potentially done something illegal, Zagitova just did something disgusting); they get money based on their public profiles that's the good; this is the bad - do something very stupid or illegal and post it for the world to see then they are going to have people criticizing them.

This really highlights that the Russian Fed needs to step in and get their high profile skaters media training; at least cover social media posting rule #1 - if you are going to do something illegal, don't post it online.

Fluture

Record Breaker
On a more positive note, Aliona did a live stream today where she talked with a roller skater about quarantine, sports, skating, life.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-myYLVIC38/?igshid=keze6rro2yhi

In English too which I find very impressive. :yes:

And afterwards she did another one in Russian but I haven’t seen translations yet, only to a few quotes, like when she talked about Zhenya and Alina, for example.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-m2hJ6odHM/?igshid=zorigw5i5z54

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-m7ZGxIHHW/?igshid=9v6ecgpb97mu

Here they are. Enjoy. :)

Fried

Final Flight
Pretty sure Putin is quarantined as well, and there's a big difference between leaders of countries being seen during a global pandemic and an athlete violating a law and openly parading around that they are doing it. People in the public's eye are getting a lot of negative attention when they are breaking the curfew/stay-at-home orders - I saw on the news that a Serbian soccer/football player broke curfew laws, was arrested and is now sentenced to 3 months home confinement and could have been sentenced up to 3 years in jail. Trusova is supposed to be quarantined for 2 weeks because her family felt the need to still take their Egyptian vacation while there is a worldwide pandemic going on. And let's be clear here - the only reason this video is in the press is because Trusova had someone film it and posted it on her own social media page; this is similar to the Zagitova opening the door with her foot video and the subsequent criticism (granted Trusova has potentially done something illegal, Zagitova just did something disgusting); they get money based on their public profiles that's the good; this is the bad - do something very stupid or illegal and post it for the world to see then they are going to have people criticizing them.

This really highlights that the Russian Fed needs to step in and get their high profile skaters media training; at least cover social media posting rule #1 - if you are going to do something illegal, don't post it online.
With everything (except Putin's quarantine) you are certainly right. On the other hand, it is also a fact that no one can be seen in the video far and wide (!). In this respect, it is a violation that cannot harm anyone. It is of course not smart to publish something like this, but the reaction in this case is exaggerated.

macy

Record Breaker
i think it will be really interesting to see what happens when everyone is allowed to skate again- how long until then, we don't know. even 3 weeks off is literally f o r e v e r to an athlete. i hope everyone but especially 3A are able to get their elements and triple axels and quads back easily and this time off doesn't have too big of an effect on them.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
i think it will be really interesting to see what happens when everyone is allowed to skate again- how long until then, we don't know. even 3 weeks off is literally f o r e v e r to an athlete. i hope everyone but especially 3A are able to get their elements and triple axels and quads back easily and this time off doesn't have too big of an effect on them.

I think as soon as the situation allows, strictly isolated and monitored training at closed off facilities will commence. Children and youths aren't a high risk group and figure skating isn't a contact sport. So with correct social distancing the top groups can get some proper training once allowed back into their facilities. No mass open skating sessions obviously, no recreational classes (on which many rinks and lower ranked trainers depend for income).

Much depends now on the self discipline and motivation of both sporting children/youths and their parents. Not stuffing yourself with junk food, sweets and candy obviously is rule number 1. Dialy guided PE and elements training are a must. Most rinks conduct online live streamed training sessions for their skaters, competing with general education online class. Not all are public broadcasts, but some are, and well worth watching. The trainers are still very demanding, and if you can't stand children being scolded, you better not watch some of the more intense streams.

Any lessening of measures, opening of facilities depends on how the health situation develops and on how serious the population maintains social distancing and self quarantine and isolation. It's difficult to get a clear and objective picture of the situation in Moscow. The blunders made in Novogorsk earlier demand for tightening of rules and obedience of those rules obviously.

Putin's 4 weeks of paid vacation might seem nice, but I think many parents not working from home are worried over their income and even jobs when the decreed paid period ends.

I pity those who are cooped up in their x-th floor apartment, those kids who are fortunate to be able to live in the countryside or at the family dacha have it so much better than forced apartment dwellers. Also, most spring holidays with the family are impossible.

I also don't know if there is any age restriction to the 'not going outside' measures decreed in Moscow. Overhere (NED), healthy children are allowed to play outside but should avoid crowded playgrounds and should properly wash their hands when returning home.

Amei

Record Breaker

I think someone like Shcherbakova who has had an injury take her out for most of a season should be positioned to come out of this really well, especially mentally.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I referred to the posted link.
And the comments below show well that the news falls on fertile ground: when I read that the exhaled virus falls to the ground and is later transmitted via the soles of shoes and the author advises that the brain be turned on, my hair becomes bristling.

Disinfectant is of no use if none of the handshakes wear a protective mask.

This virus is crazy contagious and I can see people taking their shoes off with their hands and then touching their mouth or tongue or picking your nose inadvertently can transfer it. This is so tragic because people have to live if I have to go to the grocery store some of them have to go to the doctor they have to live. But we are the world are learning the hard way that you really have to isolate yourself as much as possible and some countries have exist will peak and greatly decrease in cases and hopefully go away.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
One technical question comes to my mind. This thread was set up in april the 8th 2019. Do you think the thread for the new season (also for other categories) should be started soon or should we rather wait till the question whether the worlds will be definitely cancelled or postponed would be solved?

Fried

Final Flight
This virus is crazy contagious and I can see people taking their shoes off with their hands and then touching their mouth or tongue or picking your nose inadvertently can transfer it. This is so tragic because people have to live if I have to go to the grocery store some of them have to go to the doctor they have to live. But we are the world are learning the hard way that you really have to isolate yourself as much as possible and some countries have exist will peak and greatly decrease in cases and hopefully go away.
The fact that someone is concerned about taking off shoes with which you walked along where there used to be a virus carrier is nonsense. A certain number of viruses are necessary for a smear infection. That would not be the case here. One must not trivialize Corona, but one should not spread fairy tales.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
One technical question comes to my mind. This thread was set up in april the 8th 2019. Do you think the thread for the new season (also for other categories) should be started soon or should we rather wait till the question whether the worlds will be definitely cancelled or postponed would be solved?

I'm ready to start another one, honestly. I don't think the worlds will be held in October. But, we don't really know anything about next season :think:

Scott512

Record Breaker
The fact that someone is concerned about taking off shoes with which you walked along where there used to be a virus carrier is nonsense. A certain number of viruses are necessary for a smear infection. That would not be the case here. One must not trivialize Corona, but one should not spread fairy tales.

Pretty sure I commented on something you started.

But yes people should just remain calm cool and collected. Maybe that's why I Sasha is acting the way she is. It's better to be that way then to be paranoid and panicked.