2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1046 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

brakes

On the Ice
Don't like gloves? Hmm... strange. No, of course, people are free creatures, they have the right not to like whatever they want - gloves, salt, sky, water in the aquarium. But usually people keep their strange, bizarre antipathies to themselves. Why are we discussing this here? Because these "people" for some strange reason think that only Russian ladies wear gloves? Maybe these "people" just will make a separate thread "Why I don't like women's gloves"? I think it will be more convenient for everyone.
Wow, you seem to be very authoritative on what people can and can not discuss in here. Maybe one should PM you the topic for acceptation before posting, to not get scolded? :confused2:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I am so tired of these stereotypical manipulation, this "appropriate theme for a 13 years old girl". What makes you think you can determine what's "appropriate" and what's not?

Nastya is a passionate person who has always "been a little on her own wave" as we say in Russia. Gleichenhaus found the perfect music, made sophisticated wonderful program, to express this inner hidden passion, to emphasize this Nastay's "own wave".

If you think that this, as we say - "silent horror", this program in which Plushenko decided to express the passion of Nastya in the only way that he knows - wagging his hips, this program in which Nastya has a terrible make-up, this programs in which she looks absolutely unnatural is "take that any days over the previous SP", well... in is the case, the discussion is over due to the complete mismatch of our aesthetic bases.

Tastes, it's not manipulation but rather personal preferences.

There is a very famous latin say that says:

"De gustibus non est disputandum"

which translates as "you must not argue/discuss tastes".

Personally i've no problem with young skater doing heavy themes, and in fairness she has always done her best on selling it, for me at that age i'd have given her something else, it felt a bit too much and the pieces are nothing about that (which is nothing new in Figure Skating adding concepts on top of music which are not even remotely related)

Then i have an issue with added voices, bad music cuts, and mid-phrase fading: it feels lack of respect for the source material often, and sometimes it takes aways from the beauty of the piece. I'm definitely more a purist on this aspect, less is more.

But yes for me the reworked version of Querer she did at Junior Nationals was also very mature but a bit more organic and polished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMqUUYPTBpE

One very clear example is the use of the arabesque, in both programs used as difficult entry for the 2a: in Querer it is used with the crescendo of the music, in the Jail program it is literally just for the sake of doing transitions as it doesn't reflect any passage of the music.

https://youtu.be/GMqUUYPTBpE?t=73
https://youtu.be/F8yMfx6yEAo?t=135

brakes

On the Ice
I like Petrosyan more and more with every start. She's so energetic and radiating joy of skating, it makes me smile. I'd still bet on Akatieva's career in a long run, but Adelia is special to watch this season. :gclap:
Samodielkina's triple axel is more graceful than her double axel.
Berestovskaya is adorable like Adelia, but with problematic jumps. Would probably be a good dancer with her tall, slim figure and personality.
Very good skate and points for Osokina from Tatarstan (is she training there?).
Why is Muravyova still sitting alone in the K&C (her official coach Davydov was there)?

Does anybody know where did Petrosyan come from to "Khrustalnyi"? Had she been trained there pre-Eteri?

Orlov

Medalist
One very clear example is the use of the arabesque, in both programs used as difficult entry for the 2a: in Querer it is used with the crescendo of the music, in the Jail program it is literally just for the sake of doing transitions as it doesn't reflect any passage of the music.

https://youtu.be/GMqUUYPTBpE?t=73
https://youtu.be/F8yMfx6yEAo?t=135

"Arabesque?" For me it's more "Charlotte spiral", but whatever.

I don't feel crescendo in the Makeup program in that moment, she makes Charlotte just at that moment when singer fades for a while (maybe Nastya just out of sync with the music in this performing). While in the program Gleichenhaus, Nastya lifts the leg just as a musical accent. The jump is followed by a another accent. Both Charlotte and 2A amplify these beats on the piano keys, emphasizing anxiety. Although I agree that I would like some smoother change of musical theme after 2A. But Daniel is not a magician, he has to do a lot of program being in numerous strict framework and he can not do only masterpieces.

You are right - we argue about tastes. And it's wasting time. :)

P.S. Although my main thought was not about tastes. Plushenko, in my deep conviction, did not understand Nastya, but Daniel did. Maybe his program was not a masterpiece (although it can still be called very good), but that program show that Daniel understands Nastya. Unlike Plushenko (cuz he is not a coach).

katymay

Medalist
I like Petrosyan more and more with every start. She's so energetic and radiating joy of skating, it makes me smile. I'd still bet on Akatieva's career in a long run, but Adelia is special to watch this season. :gclap:
Samodielkina's triple axel is more graceful than her double axel.
Berestovskaya is adorable like Adelia, but with problematic jumps. Would probably be a good dancer with her tall, slim figure and personality.
Very good skate and points for Osokina from Tatarstan (is she training there?).
Why is Muravyova still sitting alone in the K&C (her official coach Davydov was there)?

Does anybody know where did Petrosyan come from to "Khrustalnyi"? Had she been trained there pre-Eteri?

Berestovskaya made me cry today, something about here sitting there all alone breaking down....she was so heartbroken . I know her coach had other skaters getting ready to go, but that was a sad thing to watch. And it wasn't as if she bombed, she just missed the combo. Her skating always makes me smile, she is so charming. I wish she would go into ice dancing, where you don't need the jumps.

For Raw unpolished talent, I love Osokina. She is fast and when she isn't nervous, her jumps soar. I really hope she gets a JGP next year.

Orlov

Medalist
Berestovskaya made me cry today, something about here sitting there all alone breaking down....she was so heartbroken . I know her coach had other skaters getting ready to go, but that was a sad thing to watch. And it wasn't as if she bombed, she just missed the combo. Her skating always makes me smile, she is so charming. I wish she would go into ice dancing, where you don't need the jumps.

If you haven't watched "Ice age. Kids" the here is Liza's performance there which me more just liked. Although I was rooting for Sonechka Akatyeva at the time (but she, alas, took only the third place in the final of the show) this program I really liked.

lpt

On the Ice
As far as I remember Berestovskaya is currently one of the two novices in the whole World who landed quad jump at competition.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I hope Berestovskaya can pull a redemption with a clean free skate. Her FS at that CSKA competition was amazing! She has such amazing stage presence.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

For Raw unpolished talent, I love Osokina. She is fast and when she isn't nervous, her jumps soar. I really hope she gets a JGP next year.

It's unfortunate but she has very minimal skating skills. That is the one thing she should be focusing on. She can jump a 4toe but she takes the entire rink to awkwardly build up to it. I like her layback into Biellmann. She is definitely a diamond in the rough. If ice dancing classes will help get into the ice and teach her to perform with her blades as well as her body, then I'm all for it. I'm not surprised that a miss on the combo put her in dead last. She has nothing else to hold up her scores other than the jumps (besides that layback)

Albus

Match Penalty
Just stop bringing here this nonsense from sports.ru

This is the biggest sport portal in the world. Almost every fs trend, meme, newsflash, vibe, etc are generated there. Almost every skater and coach use it. Stop bringing it and cut yourself out of the figure skating world. What a great idea.

Orlov

Medalist
This is the biggest sport portal in the world. Almost every fs trend, meme, newsflash, vibe, etc are generated there. Almost every skater and coach use it. Stop bringing it and cut yourself out of the figure skating world. What a great idea.

??

Just stop bringing here this nonsense from sports.ru

I think we can live happily here without Zhulin's insinuations about Medvedeva's leaving Eteri, made during his interview with Elena Rodina (sic!). And stupid comments on sports.ru about these insinuations.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Show me 12 y.o. Japan, US, Korean or Canadian girl who does it better.

What kind of response is that? Surya Bonaly's 4toe attempts didn't awkwardly carry across the ENTIRE rink, and that was in 1991. Is that all you have to say? Do you disagree with me that she really needs to focus on her basic skating and not her quads? She looks like she will lose her jumps as soon as she grows up, so maybe she should focus on the basics. Edges, turns, elegance, purposeful movements to music, etc etc.

lpt

On the Ice
What kind of response is that? Surya Bonaly's 4toe attempts didn't awkwardly carry across the ENTIRE rink, and that was in 1991. Is that all you have to say? Do you disagree with me that she really needs to focus on her basic skating and not her quads? She looks like she will lose her jumps as soon as she grows up, so maybe she should focus on the basics. Edges, turns, elegance, purposeful movements to music, etc etc.
Bonaly has nothing to do with it. In 1991 Bonaly was 17 y.o. and she ran around the ENTIRE rink to jump UR 4T (it wasn't even ratified) - https://youtu.be/4mmZhBy1IXQ?t=43 and immedately fell after that. She just ran from one bad jump to another all the way.

Berestovskaia is just 12 y.o. and quality of her 4T and her skating skills is way better than Bonaly's - https://youtu.be/zwgw0QdqBUg?t=48
For her age she has good enough 'basics' to beat any 12 y.o. outside of Russia.

Elaine

On the Ice
Bonaly has nothing to do with it. In 1991 Bonaly was 17 y.o. and she ran around the ENTIRE rink to jump UR 4T (it wasn't even ratified) - https://youtu.be/4mmZhBy1IXQ?t=43 and immedately fell after that. She just ran from one bad jump to another all the way.

Berestovskaia is just 12 y.o. and quality of her 4T and her skating skills is way better than Bonaly's - https://youtu.be/zwgw0QdqBUg?t=48

And she is going to compete only against skaters from other countries or something?

Bonaly's 4T attempt is nothing to do with Berestovskaia's 4T quality, and nor is any attempt of any other skater.

lpt

On the Ice
And she is going to compete only against skaters from other countries or something?
No. That's why she needs quad jumps above all. It's not Canada, it's Russia, so 'elegance' etc. w/o quads won't help her to win.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

Her skating skills are non-existent. She's with Davydov, no? Let's see him teach her how to just SKATE. I want to be a fan of Beres but she is only jumps. There is nothing else. To say else would be to encourage poor skating.