2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 158 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
As for who we may see in 2026 hopefully Alina and 3a! ;)

I'm fine with only Kamila surviving :biggrin:

I think anything else will be hard just like it'll be hard for 2020 for Zhenya and Alina :D

Scott512

Record Breaker

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah they decided 2028 in 2017. Basically there were two bidders and rather than pick one they just gave 2024 to Paris and 2028 to La

Last edited:
About GPF, I don’t know why they can’t just run it as a normal Grand Prix with the 12 best women skating it out. That way if someone bombs a GP but gets 1st at another one, it isn’t the end of the GP series for them...I know that the GP used to not be that prestigious, but nowadays it’s one of the most exciting parts of the figure skating season...

That is an interesting proposal. Money may play a part. There is also the consideration that being selected for the GP Final is more prestigious if 6 are chosen than if there are 12.

I think in the beginning the idea was that they did not want to detract from the prestige of the individual events, which were (back then) the bread and butter if the skating season. Back in the day, just being the Skate America champion was a big deal all by itself, never mind adding a cherry on top at the end of the season.

Maybe the ISU doesn't want the Grand Prix season to go the way of professional team sports, like baseball or basketball or hockey. Nobody cares about the regular season games, except for considerations of who makes the playoffs.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Come on. Sochi, PC Beijing and Italy? Next Summer games in Japan. The ioc has forgotten all about us in the good ole USA. :(

The good ole US of A has to put up the money and make a bid.

Yeah they decided 2028 in 2017. Basically there wnere two bidders and rather than pick one they just gave 2024 to Paris and 2028 to La

Plus what has just been renamed as the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee already announced its selection of SLC for its next OWG bid. Possibly for 2030 OWG. From the announcement on Dec 14, 2018:

The United States Olympic Committee today selected Salt Lake City to represent the United States in a potential 2030 bid to host the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. The USOC board of directors has expressed interest in bidding for future winter Games but has not determined when a formal bid may occur.

https://www.teamusa.org/News/2018/D...ial-2030-Olympic-Paralympic-Winter-Games-Bid#

Scott512

Record Breaker
That is an interesting proposal. Money may play a part. There is also the consideration that being selected for the GP Final is more prestigious if 6 are chosen than if there are 12.

I think in the beginning the idea was that they did not want to detract from the prestige of the individual events, which were (back then) the bread and butter if the skating season. Back in the day, just being the Skate America champion was a big deal all by itself, never mind adding a cherry on top at the end of the season.

Maybe the ISU doesn't want the Grand Prix season to go the way of professional team sports, like baseball or basketball or hockey. Nobody cares about the regular season games, except for considerations of who makes the playoffs.

Asking for 8 not 12. I like it.

ruga

Final Flight
Apparently the 2026 Winter Olympics will be in Italy. Maybe us Europeans will get rich enough to go by then :laugh:
Wanna make predictions on who are we gonna see? :laugh2:

My guess is: Trusova, Valieva and some 'dark horse' who hasn't caught our attention yet.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Apparently the 2026 Winter Olympics will be in Italy. Maybe us Europeans will get rich enough to go by then :laugh:
Wanna make predictions on who are we gonna see? :laugh2:

I'm starting to save. :laugh: (In fact I already did start saving money for 2022 but I have no idea how expensive tickets for the Olympics are so it will probably not be enough but then I can keep going for 2026 haha.)

I bought my tickets for Europeans today and I can't even make a prediction for that. :drama:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm fine with only Kamila surviving :biggrin:

I think anything else will be hard just like it'll be hard for 2020 for Zhenya and Alina :D

Because of the depth of Russinas and the Japan ldiess they could skate better than last year and still not get their results they want. But I hope thats not the case.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My guess is: Trusova, Valieva and some 'dark horse' who hasn't caught our attention yet.

I am not sure Trusova will make 2022 - she may not survive puberty along with the other 3A ladies. I am hoping I am wrong but these ladies are not built like Liza T - they are sticks and I fear their jumps are based upon throwing themselves in the air and counting on their slight builds to do these jumps. IF that is the case puberty will probably crush them. Look at the hope many people are saying or lack of for Alina and Evgenia in seeing them at the next olympics.

sx98423

On the Ice
I am not sure Trusova will make 2022 - she may not survive puberty along with the other 3A ladies. I am hoping I am wrong but these ladies are not built like Liza T - they are sticks and I fear their jumps are based upon throwing themselves in the air and counting on their slight builds to do these jumps. IF that is the case puberty will probably crush them. Look at the hope many people are saying or lack of for Alina and Evgenia in seeing them at the next olympics.

Sasha and Alena are like the opposite of sticks.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Can you imagine how crazy it will be it the 3 russians are all juniors turn seniors that year...

Not crazy. REALISTIC! I've already staked my claim on Valieva barring injury/illness. It was sad in 2018 with Med vs. Zag because I knew that was their only shot at Olympic Glory. I chose Zag and am so happy she has the Grand Slam. As for 3A, the only one I see with longevity is Kostornaia. The Olympic team could be Valieva, Usacheva, and Kostornaya.