2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 169 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Seruleane

Final Flight
Recent interview from Elena Radionova:

https://fs-gossips.com/elena-radion...art-hating-you-even-for-some-innocent-phrase/

She is very complimentary of the other Russian ladies:
"Actually, I would like to congratulate Alina Zagitova once again, because, if I’m not mistaken, she is the only figure skater who has won all the titles. I’m glad for Alina, I was cheering for her, I like her as a figure skater and as an athlete. She’s also an unreal beauty! I’m happy for all the girls. Zhenya overcame herself, well done. Her way to the World Championships wasn’t easy, but she showed herself as a fighter."

I love that one of my favorite figure skaters was rooting for another favorite! I wish I could understand Russian to hear Elena commentate. I hope the fans don't give her any negativity, like she was indicating later in the interview. I really miss seeing sunny Lena compete, but it sounds like she is so grateful and proud of being a competitive figure skater. I hope Elena continues to find great success later on, whether she coaches, commentates, or does something else entirely different.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
There is no question about it. Alina has the highest tech content of any skaters without quad or triple axel. I don't think anyone would debate that.

I think you could theoreticaly push it slightly more by backloading all the combos as well as doing +2Lo+2Lo insetead of +2T+2Lo. I think some juinor tried it (at least backloading all the combos) but I dont remember if it worked out and I think the difference would be about 1pts total so probably not worth the risk. Though I think you are right in that Alina has achived the highest to date TES without 3A/quad. I just want to keep the door open for someone to do the theoretical maximum which should look something like this.

2A
2A
3S
3F
--
3Lz+3Lo
3F+3T
3Lz+2Lo+2Lo

ps. One of the reasons Alina has so good TES is of course that she allways maximizes her points on the spins and steps with Lv4 and high GOE (which I dont think the junior with backloaded combos I was thinking of did)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, Alina had troubles with her current layout this season. She frequently URed her jumps, so I don‘t think complicating it even more is clever. I mean, theoretically it’s possible of course but I’m not sure whether it’s worth the risk. Personally, I think it isn’t at all. Imo, she should focus primarily on fixing her posture issue because it’s become worse since she grew and getting her current combos and jumps consistent. We‘ve seen at Worlds - she‘ll get some of the highest scores anyway. Her layout + the transitions are more than enough. As long as she doesn‘t perform like she did at Euros, she‘ll be fine.

Another question: Is the training camp in Novogorsk still going on or has it finished already?

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think you could theoreticaly push it slightly more by backloading all the combos as well as doing +2Lo+2Lo insetead of +2T+2Lo. I think some juinor tried it (at least backloading all the combos) but I dont remember if it worked out and I think the difference would be about 1pts total so probably not worth the risk. Though I think you are right in that Alina has achived the highest to date TES without 3A/quad. I just want to keep the door open for someone to do the theoretical maximum which should look something like this.

2A
2A
3S
3F
--
3Lz+3Lo
3F+3T
3Lz+2Lo+2Lo

ps. One of the reasons Alina has so good TES is of course that she allways maximizes her points on the spins and steps with Lv4 and high GOE (which I dont think the junior with backloaded combos I was thinking of did)

Probably not worth the risk. Alina has programs are complex enough and when she did the back loading programs she was considerably smaller in terms of height shape and muscle mass. At this stage of her career she has to do what's comfortable for her.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Does the page with the interview display normally for you? I wanted to read it, but neither of my computers could display the page (I have Win XP and Win 8). I've never visited that site before.

Recent interview from Elena Radionova:

https://fs-gossips.com/elena-radion...art-hating-you-even-for-some-innocent-phrase/

She is very complimentary of the other Russian ladies:
"Actually, I would like to congratulate Alina Zagitova once again, because, if I’m not mistaken, she is the only figure skater who has won all the titles. I’m glad for Alina, I was cheering for her, I like her as a figure skater and as an athlete. She’s also an unreal beauty! I’m happy for all the girls. Zhenya overcame herself, well done. Her way to the World Championships wasn’t easy, but she showed herself as a fighter."

I love that one of my favorite figure skaters was rooting for another favorite! I wish I could understand Russian to hear Elena commentate. I hope the fans don't give her any negativity, like she was indicating later in the interview. I really miss seeing sunny Lena compete, but it sounds like she is so grateful and proud of being a competitive figure skater. I hope Elena continues to find great success later on, whether she coaches, commentates, or does something else entirely different.

Payako

Rinkside
That interview should be uploaded soon here on this YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQDabbHrFvTCFrLiYpjczMg/videos?disable_polymer=1

About Russian Cup Final:
Q: You beat Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, who call herself a Queen, in a short program. Then a lot of comments has appeared, that you was better than Liza. Do you agree?
A: Yes, I think so.

Nastya about Alina:
You see, it so happened that I was born in the second half of a year, and I could not go to seniors in Olympic season, but she [Alina] - in the first half. She is such a lucky.

About plans:
I'm targeted to the Olympics 2022. This is my goal, I go to it.

About quads:
I'm planning to learn a quad jump. I'm in the process of learning.

Thank you so much for translating😁I can't wait for her full interview.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
That interview should be uploaded soon here on this YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQDabbHrFvTCFrLiYpjczMg/videos?disable_polymer=1

About Russian Cup Final:
Q: You beat Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, who call herself a Queen, in a short program. Then a lot of comments has appeared, that you was better than Liza. Do you agree?

Nastya about Alina:
You see, it so happened that I was born in the second half of a year, and I could not go to seniors in Olympic season, but she [Alina] - in the first half. She is such a lucky.

About plans:
I'm targeted to the Olympics 2022. This is my goal, I go to it.

About quads:
I'm planning to learn a quad jump. I'm in the process of learning.
Did she truly say that she thinks she's better than Liza? I have nothing against Gubanova, but if that's true I think she's deceiving herself.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Did she truly say that she thinks she's better than Liza? I have nothing against Gubanova, but if that's true I think she's deceiving herself.

I might be wrong because its a translation, but it seems from context that they are just talking about the short program at RCF where she beat Liza.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

Well she WAS better than Tuktamysheva at the RcF short where she placed 3rd and Tukt 4th. So that's true. And that's what I think they are talking about here. The long program though, different story.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I still want to know what that new Alina interview is about. I‘m intrigued. When will they publish it?

Scott512

Record Breaker

No no no. The question was about her beating Liza in the short program only at the Russian Cup. It took me a few seconds to figure that out. And who knows what she means if she speaking in English or Russian and translated to English. Things can get confusing.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I might be wrong because its a translation, but it seems from context that they are just talking about the short program at RCF where she beat Liza.

It's a strange question from the interviewer. it's like she was trying to catch Anastasia making a controversial comment or something. I don't like that from a journalist.

How about a question like this, your skating skills are so good when will your technical ability be equal to your skating skills? To ask Anastasia about the short program at the Russian Cup final leaves me somewhat bewildered. Another question is you finished fifth at Russian Nationals two years ago where do you think you should have finished and you finished ninth last year at Russian Nationals where do you think you should have finished? That would have opened her up and real feelings would have come out. But the journalist wanted to know about the short program at the Russian Cup Final where she finished one spot ahead of Liza. LOL.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I still want to know what that new Alina interview is about. I‘m intrigued. When will they publish it?

The interview is truly a good one, but I have no rights for the translation, so I won't post it here :devil:

tempo

On the Ice
Who said this? Nastya? It doesn't sound like her. Maybe something got lost in the translation. ;)

Nastya beat Liza at Cup final? Or just Cup SP?

I hope she learns a quad but I'd rather it be a triple axel first. I just don't know if her coaches can teach her these moves. I hope so.

Please, no need to blame me in wrong translation. I'm a native Russian language carrier.
They both were talking about results of the short program (SP) at the Russian Cup Final (RCF):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrF8Edl9GFw

Here are SP results:
1. Evgenia Medvedeva - 76,89
2. Stanislava Konstantinova - 75,47
3. Anastasia Gubanova - 73,94
4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 72,21

It was clearly written in my text:
Q: You beat Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, who call herself a Queen, in a short program.

So, the full translation:
Q: You beat Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, who call herself a Queen, in a short program. Then a lot of comments has appeared, that you was better than Liza in the short program. Do you agree?

After this criticism I will think twice (or triple times, maybe... even... quad times, it sounds so modern :) ) next time whether to post here my translations or not. Let it be someone else who will spend his free time for this work and then will catch thrown stones instead of me.

ruga

Final Flight
Woah we went from super secret event not open to public to a broadcast in national channel. Cool.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Woah we went from super secret event not open to public to a broadcast in national channel. Cool.

Ikr! this is a big upgrade from the sneaky videos we got last time! (Although I was very greatful for those don't get me wrong). I'd say the popularity of the 3A and now Kamila coming up probably had something to do with this :). And the general strength of all the Russian juniors, I mean Russian junior test skates is going to be a difficult field! Better than the national championships of some countries.

ruga

Final Flight
Not gonna lie, those sneaky fans did better job than many cameramen responsible for official ISU competition broadcasts ;)

Also, I hope they show senior skates as well. Last year they also were fan-filmed.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Please, no need to blame me in wrong translation. I'm a native Russian language carrier.
They both were talking about results of the short program (SP) at the Russian Cup Final (RCF):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrF8Edl9GFw

Here are SP results:
1. Evgenia Medvedeva - 76,89
2. Stanislava Konstantinova - 75,47
3. Anastasia Gubanova - 73,94
4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 72,21

It was clearly written in my text:

So, the full translation:
Q: You beat Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, who call herself a Queen, in a short program. Then a lot of comments has appeared, that you was better than Liza in the short program. Do you agree?

After this criticism I will think twice (or triple times, maybe... even... quad times, it sounds so modern :) ) next time whether to post here my translations or not. Let it be someone else who will spend his free time for this work and then will catch thrown stones instead of me.

I'm not blaming you at all. Thank you Tempo for your efforts and translation and all your information. It is greatly appreciated by me and many others. There is no criticism on my part.

The question was whether Anastasia was better than Liza in the short program and all she said was yes she thought she was. Its okay she was just better than Liza in the short program at the Russian Cup Final it doesn't mean she thinks she's better than Liza overall.

Thank you again Tempo.