2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 172 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Daniil just announced Alina‘s program :)
Finally people can chill and stop asking whether or not she’s retiring :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzjI_tGIIPH/
Finally it’s done [emoji736]. New free program. Cleopatra.
Music is : Peter Gabriel - the feelings begin. Maurice Jarre - Lawrence d’Arabie ouverture. Khatir Hicham - Ramses.

I’m surprised that she didn’t use music from Rome by Jeff Beal.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Kitri, Christina, Carmen, Cleopatra. Loving This :thumbsup:

Well, she likes to take famous characters to portray. I expected something like that but admittedly, not Cleopatra. I think it could be pretty good for her. I listened to the music and it‘s something she‘s never done before. Now it will depend on the music cuts. If they‘re done well, then this program definitely has potential.

Watch Daniil use the famous Tuktik arms and cause a new controversy 😂😂

OMG. :laugh2:

Georgya

On the Ice
I’m surprised that she didn’t use music from Rome by Jeff Beal.

I like that sound!

Couldn't find on youtube Khatir Hicham - Ramses. The Peter Gabriel piece which I recognized from "The Passion of the Christ" soundtrack and Maurice Jarre - Lawrence d'Arabie are awesome. I always sensed an oriental vibe from Alina. I hope she will show us an amazing program next season

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I like that sound!

Couldn't find on youtube Khatir Hicham - Ramses. The Peter Gabriel piece which I recognized from "The Passion of the Christ" soundtrack and Maurice Jarre - Lawrence d'Arabie are awesome. I always sensed an oriental vibe from Alina. I hope she will show us an amazing program next season

Here. Maybe for stsq? But that could be a challenge, it is very fast.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Here. Maybe for stsq? But that could be a challenge, it is very fast.

Definitely sounds like something that would be used for a step sequence. I think it‘s okay that it‘s fast. Alina is up to a challenge.

I have to say I‘m quite excited about this choice. I hope Olga makes a great costume for her.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Finally it’s done ✅. New free program. Cleopatra.
Music is : Peter Gabriel - the feelings begin. Maurice Jarre - Lawrence d’Arabie ouverture. Khatir Hicham - Ramses.

I think she can portray Cleopatra well on the ice, but previous programs on that theme didn't end up great.

The music choices are interesting: it's funny that none of these pieces actually come from a Cleopatra movie which is not a first, i remember Miki Ando's Cleopatra music was actually from Asterix and Marco Polo :laugh:

Not too bad, the movie is quite old, there would have been the risk of some weird sword fighting in the steps sequence like in Tuktamysheva's Cleopatra program.

https://youtu.be/3Igim9YNt4o?t=180

Also fun fact, Eteri used "The feeling begins" for an old program she did for Tursynbaeva

https://youtu.be/Ou_i9wjfZ88?t=112

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I sense an egyptian/oriental skate off between Alina, Satoko and Rika :yahoo: lol
Maybe Alina got inspired for this type of music during her holiday ? :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
I think she can portray Cleopatra well on the ice, but previous programs on that theme didn't end up great.

Well, I‘m somewhat concerned about that too. The last Cleopatra program that comes to my mind now was by Laurine Lecavelier, I think, and... no comments on that.

So, I do hope that Daniil thought this out very carefully and seriously and did a Cleopatra that does Alina justice and is not just the usual stuff that is done to this music. Also - please no unnecessary sound effects. I think this program has a lot of potential and Alina could be a great Cleopatra but it will definitely depend on how Daniil‘s choreography turns out to be.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Alina skated to Samson and Delilah as a junior so I am sure she will make a wonderful Cleopatra. She already knows how to feel this type of Orient inspired music :)
I am all for this program. Cannot wait to see it. Also now I am even more excited to know the SP :D

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well, I‘m somewhat concerned about that too. The last Cleopatra program that comes to my mind now was by Laurine Lecavelier, I think, and... no comments on that.

With all respect to Laurine, Alina is on a whole different level. And I don't think just technically, but her technique allows her much wider range of moves and therefore richer choreography.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alina skated to Samson and Delilah as a junior so I am sure she will make a wonderful Cleopatra. She already knows how to feel this type of Orient inspired music :)
I am all for this program. Cannot wait to see it. Also now I am even more excited to know the SP :D

This is what came to my mind too. I think such themes fit her pretty well, she was good with that program even when it was her junior debut.

Georgya

On the Ice

The music choices are interesting: it's funny that none of these pieces actually come from a Cleopatra movie which is not a first, i remember Miki Ando's Cleopatra music was actually from Asterix and Marco Polo :laugh:

Not too bad, the movie is quite old, there would have been the risk of some weird sword fighting in the steps sequence like in Tuktamysheva's Cleopatra program.

https://youtu.be/3Igim9YNt4o?t=180

Also fun fact, Eteri used "The feeling begins" for an old program she did for Tursynbaeva

https://youtu.be/Ou_i9wjfZ88?t=112

It's not a bad idea, not using movie music, since Hollywood really got Cleopatra wrong, especially the violet-eyed Elizabeth Taylor one. Some literature also "helped"!

I recommend the book Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff - knocks down the old Hollywood image of the Queen of Egypt

TA91

Rinkside

Finally it’s done ✅. New free program. Cleopatra.

Well, um it's definitely a choice. I just hope its not cluttered and will be OGM status worthy.

Fluture

Record Breaker
With all respect to Laurine, Alina is on a whole different level. And I don't think just technically, but her technique allows her much wider range of moves and therefore richer choreography.

I know, this was just the first program that came to mind because it was the last I saw. It‘s just that Laurine‘s choreography (I‘m again sorry to drag her into this) was exactly what I don‘t want to see from a Cleopatra program. I also hope Daniil refrains from using too many music cuts and sound effects and doesn‘t rush the choreography.

Alina is definitely up to something faster, if this piece indeed becomes her step sequence, then she can show her speed there. But during the other songs I hope she will hold her moves and create a moment. She can pull this off and be intense enough and show everyone with her eyes, that, “Yes, I am Cleopatra.“ This was what sometimes lacked for me in Carmen. When the nerves crept in, she sort of lost the intensity and mood she had at the beginning of the program. I hope we will see it here because I know she‘s capable of it.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I know, this was just the first program that came to mind because it was the last I saw. It‘s just that Laurine‘s choreography (I‘m again sorry to drag her into this) was exactly what I don‘t want to see from a Cleopatra program. I also hope Daniil refrains from using too many music cuts and sound effects and doesn‘t rush the choreography.

Alina is definitely up to something faster, if this piece indeed becomes her step sequence, then she can show her speed there. But during the other songs I hope she will hold her moves and create a moment. She can pull this off and be intense enough and show everyone with her eyes, that, “Yes, I am Cleopatra.“ This was what sometimes lacked for me in Carmen. When the nerves crept in, she sort of lost the intensity and mood she had at the beginning of the program. I hope we will see it here because I know she‘s capable of it.

Do you mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g58hcANSbgk

I actually didn't mind it, but if it wasn't for that 5-10 seconds of Liz Taylor voice over, i would have never guessed this was a Cleopatra program.

It has some egyptian / middle east moves like the belly dance with the change of tempo or the overused egyptian pose, and the music feels more arabic to me (it's from a brazilian telenovela "O Clone")

Fluture

Record Breaker
Do you mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g58hcANSbgk

I actually didn't mind it, but if it wasn't for that 5-10 seconds of Liz Taylor voice over, i would have never guessed this was a Cleopatra program.

It has some egyptian / middle east moves like the belly dance with a music actually more arabic than egyptian (it's from a brazilian telenovela "O Clone")

Yes, this one.

And well, if you need voiceovers to make clear what your program is about, that doesn‘t look promising, does it? That‘s exactly my problem with it, the whole concept, the music and the choreography, it just didn‘t fit together. I may not have seen too many Cleopatra programs but the ones I have seen weren‘t particularly authentic, all had the same moves and hand gestures... I don‘t know, I think choreographing a Cleopatra program that is good is a challenge and I hope Daniil is up to it. I‘m pretty confident, however, that Alina‘s style could suit this music and that she‘d be able to pull it off. That’s why I‘m hoping for decent music cuts from Daniil.