2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 174 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

SkateSkates

Medalist
Doubt it. She said before she gets bored when she has to skate the same programs for too long. But I would like if she indeed did keep it. It was a masterpiece, imo.

People are speculating she’s still not recovered so maybe she will keep the SP. I really hope it’s not true. She seemed solid from the videos at DOI but you never know what’s really going on - she seemed solid for a while last season even though she was harboring an injury from at least December-March when she finally took time off

Fluture

Record Breaker
People are speculating she’s still not recovered so maybe she will keep the SP. I really hope it’s not true. She seemed solid from the videos at DOI but you never know what’s really going on - she seemed solid for a while last season even though she was harboring an injury from at least December-March when she finally took time off

Oh, no that scares me. I really hope it‘s not true but after the Olympic season and everything that happened to Zhenya, I‘m always anxious when it comes to my favorites and the possibility of them being injured it being hidden... She‘s the one I‘m looking forward to seeing most of the new Tutberidze seniors, so I‘ll have my fingers crossed for her.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Oh, no that scares me. I really hope it‘s not true but after the Olympic season and everything that happened to Zhenya, I‘m always anxious when it comes to my favorites and the possibility of them being injured it being hidden... She‘s the one I‘m looking forward to seeing most of the new Tutberidze seniors, so I‘ll have my fingers crossed for her.

My thoughts and feelings exactly.

Grin

Medalist
I really want to see alina working with another choreographer, at least for her sp, i don't like danill choreographies, too many music cuts and transitions.

I'd like to see what Iliya Averbukh will make for Alina.

Fluture

Record Breaker

That‘s an interesting idea... Even though I feel like Averbukh‘s style would suit Anna Shcherbakova most of all 4A. I don‘t know why, though, just a feeling.

Seruleane

Final Flight

Agreed, but unlikely to happen. I think Averbukh can make programs that highlight the skater's individual strengths. He is remembered mostly for his whimsical programs for Zhenya, but people forget he choreographed Elena Radionova's SP from 2014-15 (the JLo/tango mix) and her Frida FS from 2013-14 (one of my favorite programs ever). I think he would be able to do something great for Alina too.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Will she then keep her old SP?

Apart from other things people suggested Aliona herself said at the end of season that she is bored with her SP already (more than with her FP), so I doubt that it would be exactly the SP she would keep for another season.

Happy Skates

Final Flight

Maybe she's still not recovered, but this wouldn't be a reason not to get new programs - she clearly can skate from the DOI footage, so she could do choreography.
I'm just hoping this is all some bad joke, I was looking forward to the FP :confused:.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Maybe she's still not recovered, but this wouldn't be a reason not to get new programs - she clearly can skate from the DOI footage, so she could do choreography.
I'm just hoping this is all some bad joke, I was looking forward to the FP :confused:.

Me too :( hoping she or someone from her team will make an official announcement. She didn’t look injured at DOI, but who knows. It would be a tragedy if Alena didn’t have the wonderful senior debut we all know she is capable of.

Georgya

On the Ice
It has been bothering me since the announcement that Alina's third piece of music (Ramses) sounds so familiar, and now I have FINALLY realised where I heard it from: Anna Shcherbakova's FS from 2016.

https://youtu.be/j3X_n-8ROzQ (Ramses starts playing around 3:40.)

I guess this probably means Ramses is going to be the step sequence music for Alina's free as well? Though of course nothing is confirmed and we'll have to wait and see.

Ohh, now I remember. I really liked that "song of Sheherezade" - david arkenstone themed FP that Anna skated in 2015. The costume was awesome. I think Alina will kill with something like that. :pray:Something special about Alina is that she can really feel the rhythm and sell it. The fact that she also has the "image" for this is a bonus!:thumbsup:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Did Averbukh choreograph Zhenya's W.E (2015-16 FS), because that program truly was a masterpiece. I think Averbukh's style suits more lyrical skaters (i.e Shcherbakova, Kostornaia, Zagitova). In all honesty I would love to see Alena working with Shae-Lynn Bourne, but we all know that won't happen unless Alena leaves Tutberidze, which seems unlikely at this point.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
If one Russian girl WD at GP (I really hope that doesn't happen!!) - but just in case, who do you think RusFed will send instead. Will Sotskova and/or Sakhanovich get another spot? Or will Tarusina or Gubanova get the chance? Or will it be Leonova, Tarakanova, Guliakova or Vasilieva?

SkateSkates

Medalist
If one Russian girl WD at GP (I really hope that doesn't happen!!) - but just in case, who do you think RusFed will send instead. Will Sotskova and/or Sakhanovich get another spot? Or will Tarusina or Gubanova get the chance? Or will it be Leonova, Tarakanova, Guliakova or Vasilieva?

I’m pretty sure Tarusina, Tarakanova and Vasilieva are all doing JGP, so they won’t be eligible. Gubanova is the only question mark. If they go by SB then Sima is first in line since she has the highest among all girls with only 1.

voolfee

On the Ice
In all honesty I would love to see Alena working with Shae-Lynn Bourne, but we all know that won't happen unless Alena leaves Tutberidze, which seems unlikely at this point.

If Alena succeeds this season, she will not be denied a trip to Bourne or to someone else. Remember that Julia put programs with Zueva in America, Voronov with Battle.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

The Russian fed doesn’t get to decide (except at CoR) - the host fed does. Often feds replace a skater with another one from the same country, whether that’s due to politicking, practical reasons or just courtesy, but that’s not guaranteed.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
The Russian fed doesn’t get to decide (except at CoR) - the host fed does. Often feds replace a skater with another one from the same country, whether that’s due to politicking, practical reasons or just courtesy, but that’s not guaranteed.

Yes, I know it's up to the host federation to decide but mostly it seems they go for someone from the same country (like last year when Leonova replaced Radionova at NHK). It's just that I'm sure that RusFed have some kind of "replacement list" and I'm wondering what that list looks like...how are they thinking? Will they give the spots to Sotskova/Sakhanovich so that they are able to reach the GPF, or are they thinking that they don't have any chance anyway so let's give Gubanova or someone else a chance??

Scott512

Record Breaker

She is only 15 I say keep the SP and make things as easy as possible for Alena this season to impress everyone with her beautiful and musical skating. Then go for triple axel next season or later next season if she's at Europeans or world championship.

shmy

Rinkside

Is she working with Averbukh or is this wishful thinking?

I'm of the camp of any choreographer, really anyone, but Daniil for Alina at this point tbh

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Did Averbukh choreograph Zhenya's W.E (2015-16 FS), because that program truly was a masterpiece. I think Averbukh's style suits more lyrical skaters (i.e Shcherbakova, Kostornaia, Zagitova). In all honesty I would love to see Alena working with Shae-Lynn Bourne, but we all know that won't happen unless Alena leaves Tutberidze, which seems unlikely at this point.

For the most part yes although Tutberidze gave her inputs as she always does on programs, and Gleichengauz also was already working there at the time so you'd think he was involved as well.

I think Averbukh a great choreographer, i still think his Schinder's List free skate was his best work yet, over time his programs were starting to become a little gimmicky, i also wonder if he isn't maybe a friend of Eteri after what happened two seasons ago when they scrapped Evgenia's free skate without telling him, since then he hasn't worked with that group anymore. Maybe the plan was always to replace him with Gleichengauz from the beginning i don't know.

It depends on the season, whether Sakhanovich or Sotskova medal at their events (4th place also could be enough), whether Gubanova is in juniors or not, and even results at domestic and senior b events.

Ziotic

Medalist
It depends on the season, whether Sakhanovich or Sotskova medal at their events (4th place also could be enough), whether Gubanova is in juniors or not, and even results at domestic and senior b events.

None of those things will matter, unless the WD is at cup of Russia.

Sakhanovich is most likely if they decide to replace with the same country as she would be high in the replacement list based on SB. But ultimately the federation can invite anyone on the replacement list. Basically the ten skaters with the highest SB that does not yet have 2 GP.