2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 189 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I think they have another (young and handsome) guy who does choreography work. He can be spotted with Danil in juniors kiss&cry segments :biggrin:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Doesn’t Rozanov create some of the programs for the Novice and below skaters? I read that somewhere a while back but don’t remember where so it might not be true. That would make sense if he is the one with them most of the time?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
There are 2 things. One is like Alexz said, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. And it ain't broken at all. The other one is money. It is natural if Eteri wants to keep it in house especially for her top students where the price tag is supposedly the highest.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I'm not Russian, but NO THANK YOU. Alina and 3A stay right there they are. Eteri and Danii gave them great and winning programs previous season and years before that. No need for Averbukh or Zhulin now. Or anyone else for that matter. If you want their choreo for other skaters - fine, they can have their stuff. As for me, I (and the hordes of other fans of Eteri girls) am happy with the current situation for Zags and 3A. Med's programs of last year were horrible and empty. All of them. Send Misha Ge and alikes to other skaters please, but not to Alina, Anna, Alyona or Sasha. Thank you, but no thank you. Because I want to keep enjoying their skating for many upcoming years as well.

I think that‘s a broad generalization and I don‘t think it‘s true for that matter either. So, Daniil and Eteri are the only ones who can have lots of transitions in their programs? Did Medvedeva ever have empty programs with Averbukh? Was her SP that Zhulin made for her empty? I don‘t think so. And were those programs winning? Yes. Three and a half seasons in a row, in fact, if you include the one in juniors. They were breaking World Records left and right.

I’m not saying I‘m unhappy with the situation as it is but what‘s so bad about at least thinking about this? 18 programs in one season is a lot already and that‘s just their core skaters and excludes many of the others that are in need of getting a program.

And you seriously think Eteri wouldn‘t have a look at the programs even if others choreographed it? Really? She’s a perfectionist and if she felt there was a lack of transitions, it would be the first thing she made sure to change.

And Med‘s programs were empty because David Wilson was the choreographer and he‘s a bit old-fashioned but mainly because she was reworking her jump technique and had problems with consistency as it was. Misha Ge‘s SP was fine, she had a hard transition into the 3Lo, the one she always did. It‘s not like these choreographers are so bad they couldn‘t make a program with transitions, it‘s that they adapt it to the needs of a skater and Zhenya last year was in an adjustment period where she simply couldn‘t add all these transitions to her programs. Let‘s see how it will change this year with SLB and Averbukh.

Georgya

On the Ice
There are 2 things. One is like Alexz said, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. And it ain't broken at all. The other one is money. It is natural if Eteri wants to keep it in house especially for her top students where the price tag is supposedly the highest.

I'm not Russian, but NO THANK YOU. Alina and 3A stay right there they are. Eteri and Danii gave them great and winning programs previous season and years before that. No need for Averbukh or Zhulin now. Or anyone else for that matter. If you want their choreo for other skaters - fine, they can have their stuff. As for me, I (and the hordes of other fans of Eteri girls) am happy with the current situation for Zags and 3A. Med's programs of last year were horrible and empty. All of them. Send Misha Ge and alikes to other skaters please, but not to Alina, Anna, Alyona or Sasha. Thank you, but no thank you. Because I want to keep enjoying their skating for many upcoming years as well.

I'm sorry I'm not familliar with all the details but what is so wrong with Averbukh? I love transitions packed programs, and Eteri/Daniil could work with him to provide a highly difficult one that we expect from this group. I watched ice age kids on youtube and all Averbukh's kids had cool, original moves, this is why I proposed him, not because of his work with Yulia and Evgenia. I repet I don't want simplified programs in term of transitions. But the team could use let's say Averbukh's ideea and "complicate" around it :laugh: It's Averbukh with Eteri and Daniil, not him alone. My only worry is that this team has enough on its plate.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I do not like all these conversations with tips and wishes for coaches and athletes, so I do not participate. I want to note only that the Eteri team is a young team of like-minded people , and if Averbukh or someone else is not included in this circle, they should not be there, and I hope that they will not.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Didn't Averbukh choreograph Lipniskaya's Schindler's List and Med's WE LPs? Both are arguably the most well known programs from Eteri's camp, esp Lipniskaya's LP.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Didn't Averbukh choreograph Lipniskaya's Schindler's List and Med's WE LPs? Both are arguably the most well known programs from Eteri's camp, esp Lipniskaya's LP.

I sometimes get confused with all these initials, acronyms and rules on Goldenskate- I thought we weren't suppose to use acronyms, initials but what was WE again? I do think Eteri's group needs to be careful that they don't get stagnant which or spread themselves too think which is which is why I think some other ideas from other artists can be helpful.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I sometimes get confused with all these initials, acronyms and rules on Goldenskate- I thought we weren't suppose to use acronyms, initials but what was WE again? I do think Eteri's group needs to be careful that they don't get stagnant which or spread themselves too think which is which is why I think some other ideas from other artists can be helpful.

W.E. is the name of the movie the music for Evgenia's 2015 FS is from. W.E. is actually the full name of the movie :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

W.E. is not an acronym, it is the name of a movie. The soundtrack is used rather often for skating

As in American pair Cain/LeDuc used WE for their LP last year.

I agree wholeheartedly about using initials for pairs and ice dance as confusing and not a time shortener at all, but that should not be an issue in the Russian Ladies thread.;)

ETA: Luna beat me to it :biggrin:

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wasn't Averbukh's choreographies bad or did he improved the last season?

I’m not sure what you’re saying?

are you saying that in your opinion all of Averbukh’s choreo has been bad, including for the year of the Sochi Olympics, and did he improve just last season?

Scott512

Record Breaker
I repeat: NO Averbukh, please. I have a feeling we won't see him working with Eteri skaters any time soon, if ever. *fingers crossed*
EG will work with Ilya in the future if and ehen she needs him because Danil cannot choreograph programs for everyone at Sambo-70.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Wasn't Averbukh's choreographies bad or did he improved the last season?

That was the general opinion in this forum, yes, especially around the time Evgenia was winning everything. People hated the miming he incorporated in the programs. I personally always liked his choreography, even if I acknowledge that he can be too proud and sometimes overdoes it with voice overs, like when he insisted on putting them on Zhenya‘s 2016-17 FS even though the story would have been perfectly understandable even without them. But he made Evgenia‘s W.E. and Yulia‘s Schindler‘s List, which I find to be masterpieces. So, I wouldn‘t say he‘s a bad choreographer but again, that‘s probably subjective to a degree too. ;)