2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 289 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

SkateSkates

Medalist
Unless she bombs as she sorts of did at the test skates, she should get the silver.

She needs to fix the layback spin.

Apparently she was dealing with a back injury which I think is affecting her layback spin. Hopefully she is recovered enough for the 1st JGP. Maybe she should just go for a level 3 with good GOE instead of going for the beillmann and traveling all over the place.

Ziotic

Medalist
Apparently she was dealing with a back injury which I think is affecting her layback spin. Hopefully she is recovered enough for the 1st JGP. Maybe she should just go for a level 3 with good GOE instead of going for the beillmann and traveling all over the place.

You don’t even need a beillman for a level 4. There are other alternatives.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Working the system is better then utilizing the system is. We have found a winner and it's working the system. ;)

The “winner” is whatever folks choose to say. And if I choose to say exploiting rather than working, I win too!

In fact, in the words of Oprah, you’re all winners:clap:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

what happened to her back?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Newest and great behind the scenes clip with the young faces from #TeamTutberidzeForProgress: https://www.1tv.ru/sport/figurnoe-k...ro-pyaternye-pryzhki-slezy-i-olimpiyskie-igry
or this direct link: https://www.1tv.ru/-/vugqn

Adelya Petrosyan and Lyubov Rubtsova are already included in the top children's group.
Nice to hear them talking, nobody is afraid, nor ashamed, nor shy.

Rubtsova said she already'd done quints in the harness.
Remember, the harness and fishing rod are not used to give extra lift, but to prevent the child from smashing on the ice. They still do fall hard sometimes and cry.

The children all seem to know about the time and money the parents spend on their skating, and are thankful for their opportunities.

Perviy Kanal seems really to be pushing Khrustalniy, and we get glimpses of the team in full action during their stay at Novogorsk.

Pervenstvo Moskvy listing is still not finalized, Team Khrustalniy and Team Davydov still need to confirm. Only 1 day remains ...

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Kamila will probably win the jgp in France this week, but where does maya fit in? Is she a shoe-in for silver? I don’t know her skating very well; does she struggle with URs that could harm her score and bring her down to bronze?

Maya was actually more consistent than Kamila last year and Kamila bombed a comp or two when she didn’t. But now maya seems to be injured and at test skates was the first time I’d seen her make more than one mistake :( as well as the wonky biellmann. Skating clean she can definitely come close to beating Kamila though

Deripashka

On the Ice
Remember, the harness and fishing rod are not used to give extra lift, but to prevent the child from smashing on the ice. They still do fall hard sometimes and cry.

Well I cant believe that Ljubov jumped quint without extra lift from harness. I know she is exactly in that age when it most probably can be jumped, but still... I think harness is mainly used to train correct execution of difficult jumps which would otherwise end up with fall, so they would almost never executed whole jump correctly and for that, some extra lift provided by harness in the right time is required. In this Ljubov quint case, I would say they just give her some extra extra lift :D as for motivation.

Orlov

Medalist

No, she doesn’t say that. After the question, "what element do you dream to do?" there are two inserts in the footage with Rubtsova's words:
"Пятерной" ("Quints")
"Уже на удочке прыгали" ("This has already been done with harness")

There is no definite indication that this is "we jumped quints with harness". I'm pretty sure that she said about Belyavtsev’s attempt.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Maya was actually more consistent than Kamila last year and Kamila bombed a comp or two when she didn’t. But now maya seems to be injured and at test skates was the first time I’d seen her make more than one mistake :( as well as the wonky biellmann. Skating clean she can definitely come close to beating Kamila though

I doubt that. Kamila only ever bombed one event (and early in the season as well), and while, yes, Maya never "bombed", she has a program of significantly lower difficultly. Kamila skating clean, even without the 4T, could score up to 210, while Maya, at most, could reach 200 (internationally). Now that Kamila has the 4T, the scores will be something like 220 vs. 208.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No, she doesn’t say that. After the question, "what element do you dream to do?" there are two inserts in the footage with Rubtsova's words:
"Пятерной" ("Quints")
"Уже на удочке прыгали" ("This has already been done with harness")

There is no definite indication that this is "we jumped quints with harness". I'm pretty sure that she said about Belyavtsev’s attempt.

The subtleties of the Russian language, the power of the editor ...

Rubtsova, though soft spoken, is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to presenting an image through artistry, this for me is one of the stand out performances from this year's Ice Age, Kids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwhWZQcd9Tk, making TAT almost emotional

She came with her parents from Vladivostok to Moscow for the better circumstances and chances in figure skating.
Jumps are her strengths, sliding still needs to be worked on. Interesting to follow how she will grow and flourish under the Tutberidze Effect, together with Adelya Petrosyan. Sof'ya Akatyeva is their leading example in the 2007 born girls.

Her other performances were all great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR5QtXbgal0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qx1JIIZRt4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdC1bF1qUKY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-CmJQTcHTc

But was there any weak performance by those wonderful kids?

BTW: Lyubov isn't on the roster for Pervenstvo Moskvy, neither are many of the other Ice Age, Kids, meaning she and those others are still 2Sp rank?
But all of them have learned so much during the show on presentation, expression of the images staged for them, it will help them in their careers.

There were many very good music tracks used in the show as well, would they make good choices for real competition program?
Another detail struck me: how attentive these children all are already. In the semis, where the short program was performed, Mariya Paramonova changed her snake costume mid routine, but the wire she pulled fell on the ice. After accepting her flowers, she searched for it and brought it back with her to the K&C, which Trankov commended her for.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
There is a test to name a lady skater by her dress. I scored 20 out of 24 and I was named "a legend". Funny but one of my 4 mistakes was Alina :palmf:

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I never understood how using the system to its fullest and making sure your skaters got every point they can (with their current skill) can be seen as a critique against Eteri. The rules are clear (sort of) and everyone can go and read them and get the same information. It is in no way unfair for any coach to do it and coaches that choose not to are actually cheating their skaters of points...

Im not saying I like everything that Eteri does and love all her programs (I certainly dont hate her either) and for example on the transitions debate i sometimes agree with the people complaining that there are to many transitions for the skaters to be able to execute them to its fullest potential giving a rushed feeling. For example many of the eteri girls have verry nice spirals and ina bauers but we never get to see them to its full potential exept during shows which I think is a missed oppertunity. But to blame Eteri (or worse the skaters themselves) for this is simply wrong (they are winning why would they change). They dont controll the system it is only the ISU that does and if the fs community dont like certain things the complaints should go to those who make the rules not those who are smart and make the most out of them.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a test to name a lady skater by her dress. I scored 20 out of 24 and I was named "a legend". Funny but one of my 4 mistakes was Alina :palmf:

where do you have a link?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Lombardia entries are up. Samodurova, Shcherbakova, and Tuktamysheva are all assigned, plus Tursynbaeva.

I hope that all of the ladies, but especially Anna, have a great start to their season! It's a stacked event, but Anna has a chance and I hope she does well :pray: I'm looking forward to her senior debut most of all, I think.