My wishlist for ladies GP Final:
Alina
Alexandra
Alёna
Anna
Elizabet
Evgenia
(in alphabetical order)

while I also would love a final like that, I feel like ISU would not since they are technically Russian and all have been cocached by Eteri. I think one or two of them might be held back this season (in terms of scores).

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
My wishlist for ladies GP Final:
Alina
Alexandra
Alёna
Anna
Elizabet
Evgenia
(in alphabetical order)

While it could be possible I think we should expect one or two Japanese ladies to make the final, Rika and possibly Kaori. But anything can happen and I expect the GPs next season to be verry exiting to follow! (As well as the JGP)

SkateSkates

Medalist
While it could be possible I think we should expect one or two Japanese ladies to make the final, Rika and possibly Kaori. But anything can happen and I expect the GPs next season to be verry exiting to follow! (As well as the JGP)

And it will all depend on who is assigned where. Although not likely, imagine if for example Alina, Sasha and Anna have the same events and place 1-2-3 at both, basically ensuring Anna doesn’t qualify. Although this scenario is unlikely, the fields at the events can make a huge difference.

CatonBlades

On the Ice
Then we have different opinions. First, this competition is important to both Russia and USA who lost the Olympic team competition to Canada and may want to build the foundation for future team successes. Second, this competition is important to Japan who would like to show in Japan that their ladies can win over the Russians. Third, this competition is important to Liza because of the first two reasons and as an opening statement for the next season that she is still there and she wants to be in Group A. I am sure that she has been preparing for this one very seriously skipping bowling, contemplations under sakura, and other pleasant activities that you described.

I think that English is not your first language because you interpreted my post not the way it was written. Using "Skating for fun", which might not be the best term, I agree, means virtually 0 chances to both get into the national team and to get GP spots. These were the defined characteristics of groups A and B. And, yes, I do believe that Polina won't have either next season. Whatever the reason is, Buyanova, her stature, her injuries, etc. she will have to do a lot of work to become competitive with group A skaters. Is her career finished? I never said that. And Sima Sakhanovich that was mentioned is a good example. She was 100% group C skater last season - she even did not get the right to skate at the Nationals. And now I placed her in Group B.

No, English isn't my 1st language, but I don't think that is a "must to have"here.But this isn't that important.
I didn't refer to "skating for fun"part.But, if you say that your words were simply about the possibility of being included next season in national team or having grand prix....ok, how you say.
Polina can have a season without all those, too, and work to have them next year, even means to work hard.
It will be easy?I'm sure not.Never was easy for her.
She is stronger than we ever think. She is a fighter.And she's not alone and will never will.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Veronika - I want to become an olympic champion!
Journalist - do you have a favourite figure skater?
Veronika - yes I do
Journalist - and who is it?
Veroknia - It's me
:rofl:
https://youtu.be/x-0zErpbN6o

I shall start posting in this thread by saying that because of this she is my new girl becoming a favourite :laugh:

I was thinking how GPF is the place to be this year, since one would be able to see best of the best in both seniors and juniors. However, Russian Nationals is extremely tempting too. I'd love to be able to make it to either of these.

Here's to a clean slate for everyone! May everyone be successful in achieving their dreams, no matter what they are. :luv17:

Arbitrary

Medalist
State of Russian Ladies thread should be divided to four threads: pre-school skaters, elementary school skaters, high school skaters and Ladies.
Zagitova for example is a h/s student.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
No, English isn't my 1st language, but I don't think that is a "must to have"here.But this isn't that important.
I didn't refer to "skating for fun"part.But, if you say that your words were simply about the possibility of being included next season in national team or having grand prix....ok, how you say.
Polina can have a season without all those, too, and work to have them next year, even means to work hard.
It will be easy?I'm sure not.Never was easy for her.
She is stronger than we ever think. She is a fighter.And she's not alone and will never will.

I will be happy if Polina comes back strong. She had a powerful SP last season and a free program this season that I thoroughly enjoyed. And I think that sometimes the tech people were too picky with her URs. Some of their calls were dubious. But that's the reality she lives in. To get to the top she has to be better than those who are already there.

The first step, of course, is to start delivering the jump content. Sima did exactly that and results followed.

- - - Updated - - -

State of Russian Ladies thread should be divided to four threads: pre-school skaters, elementary school skaters, high school skaters and Ladies.

which school is Alena Leonova? I assume ladies. Same as Liza Tuktamysheva who was 12 when Alena won her worlds silver. I would not put them into the same age group. And I would not split the thread - it's better the current way when everyone is together.

Ziotic

Medalist
I don't think that Evgenia will be able to qualify for the final. At least one Japanese girl should be there, I think Rika.

It will really depend on how assignments go. We know that it’s likely that Alina/Rika/one of 3A all end up an one event and Evgenia only has day Satoko to go up against. That could easily result in a 2/3 for Alina and 1/2 for Evgenia. It will also heavily depend on Anna’s quad since I think she will need to land it to move ahead of other Russians, same goes for lil Bet, she NEEDS the quad to compete.

And remember RusFed and more or less control who gets 2 events, but not so easily who will be up against each other, especially since Alina and Evgenia are seeded.

vitamintea

On the Ice
It will really depend on how assignments go. We know that it’s likely that Alina/Rika/one of 3A all end up an one event and Evgenia only has day Satoko to go up against. That could easily result in a 2/3 for Alina and 1/2 for Evgenia. It will also heavily depend on Anna’s quad since I think she will need to land it to move ahead of other Russians, same goes for lil Bet, she NEEDS the quad to compete.

And remember RusFed and more or less control who gets 2 events, but not so easily who will be up against each other, especially since Alina and Evgenia are seeded.

Intuitively, I feel like the 3A will be spread out, if for no other purpose than for marketing. Two of the GP hosts will be able to advertise they have the reigning 2X Junior Worlds Champion. Two of the GP hosts will be able to advertise they have the reigning Russian Nationals champion who can do a 4Lz. The last GP hosts will say they have the reigning JGPF champion. And of course, that'll protect their own ladies... like if Skate America invited two strong Japanese ladies (Satoko and Mai, maybe?) + two strong Russian ladies they would pretty much ensure Bradie or Mariah don't get on the podium. So they're incentivized to spread the talent around.

Ziotic

Medalist
Intuitively, I feel like the 3A will be spread out, if for no other purpose than for marketing. Two of the GP hosts will be able to advertise they have the reigning 2X Junior Worlds Champion. Two of the GP hosts will be able to advertise they have the reigning Russian Nationals champion who can do a 4Lz. The last GP hosts will say they have the reigning JGPF champion. And of course, that'll protect their own ladies... like if Skate America invited two strong Japanese ladies (Satoko and Mai, maybe?) + two strong Russian ladies they would pretty much ensure Bradie or Mariah don't get on the podium. So they're incentivized to spread the talent around.

They may spread 3A out but that means putting them against Evgenia and Alina.

USA will already have one of Alina/lil Bet/Evgenia and Kaori/Rika/Satoko that’s already putting their team barely on the podium. They will absolutely prefer a Sofia/Stanislava/Maria than any one of 3A.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I don't think that Evgenia will be able to qualify for the final. At least one Japanese girl should be there.
I agree.
I think the predictions from the prediction champion :clap: deserve special trust.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

USA will already have one of Alina/lil Bet/Evgenia and Kaori/Rika/Satoko that’s already putting their team barely on the podium. They will absolutely prefer a Sofia/Stanislava/Maria than any one of 3A.

Is it even possible under the current ISU GP rules, that all finalists come from one federation? Russia has such depth and quality at the moment, or do you need at least 2 GP podiums, so two starts which if I understand the GP thread, is not a given for every skater? And of course you need to finish on the medal rostrum probably.
Like this season's junior GPF, where 5 Russian girls dominated, could very well be repeated in coming season senior GPF.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

Note to pre-school skaters: if you aren't landing quads by age 8, you might as well retire because you'll never make a World team.

Happy Skates

Final Flight

What we might see is the 3A disproportionately at events like GP China and France or even Canada, places that don't have as many strong ladies to protect. Although I think at a certain point it's going to be basically impossible for the USA to shield themselves from all of the talent coming up next year, there's just so many of them (3A, Alina, Evgenia, Lilbet, Tukt, Rika, etc)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Either they will be putting them against Evgenia and Alina or against each other. There is no other option. Last season Daria skated against Alina in Finland and against Zhenya in Canada. So, such situation won't be new.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Then there should be also a subthread for university students like Stasya and Masha, they even have their own competition (unfortnunately not in the next season) :)

Ziotic

Medalist
Either they will be putting them against Evgenia and Alina or against each other. There is no other option. Last season Daria skated against Alina in Finland and against Zhenya in Canada. So, such situation won't be new.

Those are different situations. I don’t think who would win in those mash ups was ever really in question.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh....Grand Prix selection is just so blah!!! I can handle judging I disagree with but this system of seeding and choosing who to invite is terrible!!!

JGP format is so much better/sporting IMO

Oh well....with 3a moving up to senior things should be a lot of fun regardless of where they wind up :popcorn:

In light of the fact that this will be the juniors first senior season. We also have to consider that they may not get PCS as high as their competitors who have been at the senior level for a while. I don’t think it will take them long to catch up, probably no more than one senior season, but we can’t forget that is also what they are up against. If coaches get any say in who goes where, I think they might play it safe with the 3A and try not to put them up against Alina (who will probably end up against Rika, Kaori, etc) because missed quads in two of their cases will land them off the podium should they find themselves up against those existing seniors.