2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 537 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I can take a lot, but certainly the insinuations about Liza‘s lutz being „bad“ are crossing the line. Liza has an amazing lutz, the best one in business.

Scott512

Record Breaker
And Finland is sooo close to Saint Petersburg. It would have been practically walking distance for Stasya.
I was thinking the same thing. It makes no sense to waste and opportunity. There must have been a girl in St Petersburg age 16 or up who could have used the experience to go into Finland and skate on the same team as Liza and Aliona.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And Finland is sooo close to Saint Petersburg. It would have been practically walking distance for Stasya.

Last year when GP was in Finland Stasya's mother took her there by car (they forgot passport and missed the plane or something like that...).

Orlov

Medalist
The fact that it does not reflect in GOE does not mean Lisa´s lutz has the same or less quality in comparion with girls who have only a flat edge. The judging system is wrong not Lisa´s lutz.

Well, in this case, you can create your own FS with blackjack and other things :biggrin: :laugh:

what?? why is there a photo where Alena is already flying in the air ?? Who needs photos without a direction of movement? How to count the angle of prerotation without this direction?
And please, don't be cheating! I know that you know that there is another frame between these two pictures:) Here, video made specially for you, my dear skatingfan200 :) And at this video we can perfectly see that PREP is about 90-100 degrees.

If we forget about the "PRER religion" (only holy zero PRER is worthy of high GOE, amen!) then we will see an excellent lutz, with prerotation satisfying the condition "good take-off and exit" (I believe that many judges consider that Lz/F with a PRER 180-200 degrees - Shcherbakova, Liu, Shoma, etc - do not satisfy this condition. And this is probably right)

Don't cheating :roll5: :)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
:eek:topic: Have you guys seen this? This girl is just adorable.:luv17: Her ice skating idol is Tarakanova.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOGDPGyTf1w

And here is her SP and LP in JGP Lake Placid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bIDvXDtT6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rlru3OPr9g
Loved the reaction when she got her total score.

Of course we did! She is wonderful! :)
She clearly has a nice taste, since Anastasiya is an amazing skater! :) glad she managed to meet and take a photo with her idol!

Wombat1800

On the Ice
2 filled spots at Finlandia - still miles better than 0 at Nebelhorn.

(I'm sorry, I'm still bitter about that.)

So am I. If Sinistina, Vasilieva, and Tarakanova (and maybe Gubanova if she is in better shape) don't get late seasom challengers I'm gonna be mad.

Orlov

Medalist
I can take a lot, but certainly the insinuations about Liza‘s lutz being „bad“ are crossing the line. Liza has an amazing lutz, the best one in business.

Who said that Liza has a bad lutz?? If you talked about me, I just said here, in my GOE analysis of her 3 Lutz in Finland SP, that her landing was little strange, and for this no bullet "good landing", but still it deserved +3 GOE.

I don’t think that someone will give her more than +3 GOE - she doesn’t have difficult footwork after landing, and all this stuff, no matches the music. And the fact that her PRER less than 15-20 degrees than Alena’s PRER, can only concern the parishioners of the Church of St. PRER - the judges only see that they both don't have a 180 degree PRER.

At this moment, Tuktamysheva is a happy owner of "+3type" 3Lz. And it's pretty good for her - the real level of her “good technique”(at least in last season, she is seriously progressing) can be estimated by this telegraphic driveway before super-element for her - combo 3Lz+3T in FS at GPF-2018. Skater with such an telegraphic driveway openly tells everyone that he needs to dampen all the slightest vibrations of the body for a long time, maximally concentrate on a jumping. For me, this is an indicator of the weakness of technique - jump here not a performance tool, but only an unstable difficult trick for which it takes a long time to prepare, and which it can only perform in certain narrow conditions.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
2 filled spots at Finlandia - still miles better than 0 at Nebelhorn.

(I'm sorry, I'm still bitter about that.)

Challenger Series started in 2015 and it consists of 10 events (only 9 in 2017).
That is potentially 30 spots for Russia each year, 27 in 2017.
So far RusFed has used:

2015: 8
2016: 17
2017: 15
2018: 19
2019: 16
2020: 12 so far with 3 more available at Golden Spin

Why oh why does RusFed waste so many opportunities? I still think it's a funding thing...

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Challenger Series started in 2015 and it consists of 10 events (only 9 in 2017).
So far RusFed has used:

Why oh why does RusFed waste so many opportunities? I still think it's a funding thing...

I would also think it’s due to funding...
Local federations have to decide who they are paying for (for those not part of the financed team), it’s possible they had to make some cuts here and there. Also explains why no one got NA challengers.

skatingfan200

Medalist
Well, in this case, you can create your own FS with blackjack and other things :biggrin: :laugh:

what?? why is there a photo where Alena is already flying in the air ?? Who needs photos without a direction of movement? How to count the angle of prerotation without this direction?
And please, don't be cheating! I know that you know that there is another frame between these two pictures:) Here, video made specially for you, my dear skatingfan200 :) And at this video we can perfectly see that PREP is about 90-100 degrees.

If we forget about the "PRER religion" (only holy zero PRER is worthy of high GOE, amen!) then we will see an excellent lutz, with prerotation satisfying the condition "good take-off and exit" (I believe that many judges consider that Lz/F with a PRER 180-200 degrees - Shcherbakova, Liu, Shoma, etc - do not satisfy this condition. And this is probably right)

Don't cheating :roll5: :)

It´s not an excellent lutz because it´s not a strong outside edge.
https://twitter.com/chiburahakkai/status/1020618307873804288
Read the tweets about the lutz jump

On your video, her toe is still on the ice. I chose the first moment when she is in the air. About the exact amout of PR - I don´t know(120-140 degrees was my estimation without thinking about cheating). Drawing a line will bring us also not to the the exact amout of PR.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2QPIBFHRsDkXr43Vc/giphy.gif
Here is Lisa´s Lutz (ignore the text- it was for another example). I´m sorry but Kostornaia´s lutz is not better.

Orlov

Medalist
Read the tweets about the lutz jump

All this talk about curves is not relevant information. Skaters no longer draw figures

This is a sport. People compete according to pre-agreed rules that are communicated to all participants through the necessary set of official documents. Don't exist bullet for very deep outside edge. The gradation is very rough and consists of three positions - the right, flat, and wrong edge. Technical panels have an established opinion when it is necessary to give one or another gradation.

I assure you - technical panels (from our real world, and not from the world of twitter unicorns) will give Alena’s lutz a right edge (at least to those lutz that can be seen in the photo that I cited earlier in the link). Therefore, the talk that "it may be so, but still Liza has a deeper edge" - are irrelevant. Yes, deeper, so what? As the saying goes - you can’t spread it on bread instead of butter.

On your video, her toe is still on the ice.

No, even in such a blur it can be understood. But even if you’re not ready to admit it, do you really think that on this frame she STANDING (at least 10% of their weight) on ice, and not easily touching by toepick? It is definitely clear that need to use my frame, and not your - when she is already raised pretty high above the ice.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think every challenger will be happy to have 3 russian girls

So far RusFed has used:

What a disgrace and so stupid since they have so many girls who are so good. it's really an overflow of talent like never before seen in figure skating in any one discipline. They should make every effort to max out their maximum selections every year to give girls a chance to improve and make their mark in this sport.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
I would also think it’s due to funding...
Local federations have to decide who they are paying for (for those not part of the financed team), it’s possible they had to make some cuts here and there. Also explains why no one got NA challengers.

I mean, it absolutely makes sense. There is airfare for the skater and coach and then hotel rooms for multiple days. That adds up quick and I can see why they wouldn't want to send all their prospects to events, particularly those far away.

elegance

Words are my skates.
Rinkside
I humbly propose a thought experiment:

What would Liza's scores look like if she returned to last year's FP and modified the layout to add technical difficulty? There's room enough for more than one 3A in that FP, and it conveys high energy in a way that (IMHO) her current FP doesn't. YMMV, but she was winning a lot of free skates last year, and adding a 3A in combination would be one way to raise the bar technically in her free. Returning to the music and general vibe of last year's FP would be a way for Liza to reengage the audience through sassy and confident energy even as she hones more difficult elements.

A girl can dream, right? ;)