2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 541 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Artemisa

Final Flight
Some day i should do some sort of tribute / compilation video about all her programs in her career.

She always brings a style which is uniquely her, it's all about the performance.

Yes ... she is a great performance and her programs are memorable (her stepseq is something else) .. it make me think of Liza.. both have great personalities and are fighters ... but leonova's programs ... even without the jumps... are fantastic and you want to watch it again ... most of liza's program i can't remember ... if liza could have one of leonova's programs i think she could make it work ...

Skuratov

On the Ice
One of the few realistic and objective opinions I have read. I made some corrections.

- Let's start with the first pair. What can Medvedyeva oppose to Sasha Trusova?
" Objectively, nothing."

- Medvyedeva has her own advantages -
" Well, It is clear that Zhenya’s second mark does not compensate for the first mark."

- But can Yevgeniya still make it to the finals?
A very long explanation to say NO.

- You also had a hand in one of her programs.
" but it's too late (20 years) try to fix her."

Orlov

Medalist
Or at least an English transcript for the video?

https://youtu.be/GWkHdVq4eKA

I do it now - video with eng sub, please be patient. As it turned out - this is hellish work :) At the moment I translated 11 minutes out of 15. I’m not sure what I’ll have time for today, maybe I will post it only in a day (at least after 20 hours). Will you wait?))
Anya such a talker - my goodness! :)

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I do it now - video with eng sub, please be patient. As it turned out - this is hellish work :) At the moment I translated 11 minutes out of 15. I’m not sure what I’ll have time for today, maybe I will post it only in a day (at least after 20 hours). Will you wait?))
Anya such a talker - my goodness! :)

Thank you, Orlov! Your work will go much appreciated by me and many other fans.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
One of the few realistic and objective opinions I have read. I made some corrections.

Sadly realistic and true. While I appreciate Sasha and her athletic ability, it’s disappointing that that’s where the sport is going. I’d take Alina and Evgenia’s more mature and expressive skating style this year over 4 quads any day, Alina in particular has made great strides in maturity and Evgenia in skating skills

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow! You go Leonova!:yahoo: If she skates like this I really hope she does well at Russian Cup Group Stages and qualifies to Nationals. RusNats wouldn't be the same without Leonova.

Oh wow. I am so happy for her. Yes she missed a lot of levels on her spins and step sequence but it was a lovely program. I hope she does well in the FS and that she skates at Nats. She is a fighter.

Yay Leonova. The Maria Butyrskaya of 2019.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Ice Star Minsk Final Results Junior Ladies

1 Anastasiya Shabotova Ukr 174.76
2 Nina Petrokina Est 167.41
3 Kamila Sultanmagomedova RF 166.65
4 Olga Mikutina Ost 151.09
5 Angelina Chaplygina RF 146.82
6 Mariia Levushkina Bulg 145.80
7 Milana Ramashova Belr 140.06
8 Viktoriia Iushchenkova IP 136.49
9 Mariia Mostenets RF 132.80
10 Nelli Ioffe IP 138.22

Congratulations! :clap:

Georgya

On the Ice
I have a question for the russians who are active here. What are the most important differences between figure skating in ladies and artistic gymnastics in Russia? The figure skating in ladies evolved in big way after 2008-2010, but in gymnastics it's not the same level of succes.

I'm not saying Russia crumbled in gymnastics, they won silver with the team at the last two OG and WC. But some areas dropped. The floor used to be a specialty, not anyore, Melnikova finnally brought a floor world medal this year and in the all around, ending a drought.

I know those two people in charge of russian national team are toxic and heavily criticised but dinosaurs with inadequate mentality are also in figure skating. Eteri changed a lot of things, with her success also came popularity and money for the sport, and now other young coaches are copying her. Russian men, to my happiness, are now dominating gymnastics, but the ladies are not still there and I want to know why and what would take to be there.

PS I have lots of hope in the junior team of Russia :)

macy

Record Breaker
I have a question for the russians who are active here. What are the most important differences between figure skating in ladies and artistic gymnastics in Russia? The figure skating in ladies evolved in big way after 2008-2010, but in gymnastics it's not the same level of succes.

I'm not saying Russia crumbled in gymnastics, they won silver with the team at the last two OG and WC. But some areas dropped. The floor used to be a specialty, not anyore, Melnikova finnally brought a floor world medal this year and in the all around, ending a drought.

I know those two people in charge of russian national team are toxic and heavily criticised but dinosaurs with inadequate mentality are also in figure skating. Eteri changed a lot of things, with her success also came popularity and money for the sport, and now other young coaches are copying her. Russian men, to my happiness, are now dominating gymnastics, but the ladies are not still there and I want to know why and what would take to be there.

PS I have lots of hope in the junior team of Russia :)

i'm not Russian, but this is the same question as to why women's figure skating doesn't have the same success as women's gymnastics in the US. i would almost say it's comparable between the US womens gymnastics team and Eteri's team, they know how to become champions. Ladies figure skating in Russia wasn't always as huge and successful as it is now- 10 years ago they were basically a non-threat, and the field has never been as deep as it is now. it's a cycle of ups and downs, of being really competitive and not so much, then back again.

obviously this has to do with some top athletes retiring and whoever is left just can't fill their shoes. i feel like this happened since Viktoria Komova retired and Aliya Mustafina has regressed and isn't competing regularly. they are really the last 2 big successful names in Russian womens gymnastics.

it will happen when Simone retires, the US team won't win by as big of a margin as they are now. They might not even win all the time. but then another big talent will come along down the road and bring them back to the top, or a really talented coach like Eteri comes around. it was also within the last 10 years that the US gymnasts began winning everything consistently, and unfortunately these years of winning everything don't last forever.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Hallowe'en Cup in Budapest, starting today, running to Sunday (the witches and ghouls seem to have arrived rather early)

No Russian junior or senior ladies in the singles, but there are a number of Russian girls (and boys) in the basic, intermediate and advanced novice events. (There are Russian entrants in the ice dance senior and junior.) Among the ladies senior to note, Arkhipova, Toth, Beccari.

Here is an entrant listing.

Deripashka

On the Ice
Georgya: Probably the same thing happened as happened to romanian sport gymnastic. I remember times when Andrea Raducan was like 14 years old and won gold on Sydney olympics, but when she and girls around her retired, the gold generation simply disappeared. As times changed, kids were not so dedicated to daily ruthless training and werent able to reached same success.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Not that we should go into long discussions about gymnastics but just to refresh my memory: "artistic" gymnastics is where both men and women compete and "rhythmic" gymnastics is women only? There is a confusion for us Russians as we name the former "athletic (sport)" gymnastics and the latter "artistic" gymnastics.