2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 551 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Quad mania has replaced beautiful skating with edges, flow, lines......

Let's see if Anna keeps her jumps after she gains some weight....my guess, no.....
You can go and chill with your positive predictions my friend. Wishing teenage female athletes to lose their jumps with puberty is vile and cruel, and I hope you have a nice enough life to be so invested in wishing ill things to teenagers.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Anna!!!! I happily stand corrected about thinking she should only go for one quad lutz :). That was just... amazing. And that dress change is perfect for Vegas if I might say. I don't think I can even write a comment describing how good of a senior debut that was... so I'll just leave it there.

As for Liza, also wow! She is so consistent with those 3As this season, AND she shortened the entry. I just can't believe how she just keeps getting better. I don't think I would've had Bradie in second over her three clean triple axels though. I was thoroughly surprised at both scores. I know she lacks in PCS, but it still just doesn't seem right. She still has a shot for the final, but she'll have to do really well in China, maybe even win. And she definitely could, but this does make an opening for others. One of Kihira, Kostornaia, and Zagitova is going to have to get at least third at NHK, so this definitely opens the door for the one that does if she wins or gets second at her other event (depending on how Liza does in China).

It also was interesting to see Eteri here. I was wondering which GP events she would go to considering she has girls at every one (and they're all top contenders at that). I'm curious as to whether she'll go to all of them. She'll definitely go to Zagitova's (and by extension Kostornaia's) events and Rostelecom, but now I wonder if she'll go to Skate Canada and Cup of China. I was thinking she came here because she could visit Diana who is training in the US (and her Instagram post reminded me that she was actually born in Vegas!), so it'll be interesting to see if she accompanies Trusova in Canada. Its got to be difficult to have your main coach flying all around the world while you're trying to prepare for major events for six weeks in a row (and thats got to be difficult on Eteri herself), but on the other hand, Eteri might want to be there for Trusova's big Senior Grand Prix debut against Kihira and Medvedeva.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Anyways... congratulations to little fairy, she deserved it so much! Beautiful skate from baby Anna, what a firecracker she was today! I knew she would comeback stronger in the free, and she did not let me down.

Very sorry for Liza though ... her scores make me upset every single time. Skating in US she should’ve known she’d be hammered down as much as possible, and not do any mistakes. Unfortunately, it is what it is...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
You are just happy you didn't see it with the commentary of the Czech TV (I was too lazy to get ut to the computer but I can watch TV from bed :biggrin:). They truly found the new level of nastiness. "Kid, her jumps won't hold, rise age eligibility, she will be put away like others from the school of Eteri Tutberidze," etc. Well, when fans discuss it here, I disagree but people have the right for the opinion. But commentators should preserve some dignity and neutrality, you shouldn't hear their wish "fall and break your leg" behind every jump, but that was exactly how they commented Anna's skate.:mad:
I'm glad they had to swallow this bitter pill.

Haikush

On the Ice
You can go and chill with your positive predictions my friend. Wishing teenage female athletes to lose their jumps with puberty is vile and cruel, and I hope you have a nice enough life to be so invested in wishing ill things to teenagers.

Wow....how you jumped to that conclusion is amazing...where did I wish such a thing. I said if she gains weight she will lose her jumps.....this is based on her current technique. She used her arms and body to rotate....lookk at Liza's jumps...those are the proper way to do them....you might want to chill

colormyworld240

Medalist
Anna is having a start to her senior career that mirrors Alina's. Problems in SP and nailing the free to classical music in red. If that's the way it's going to play out, I can live with her problems in the SP then nailing it in the free, and finally pulling both together to win Euros and Worlds, that'd be my dream season :love:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Wow....how you jumped to that conclusion is amazing...where did I wish such a thing. I said if she gains weight she will lose her jumps.....this is based on her current technique. She used her arms and body to rotate....lookk at Liza's jumps...those are the proper way to do them....you might want to chill
:palmf: :slink:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

This is exactly how Czech TV commentators spoke about Anna. I think you can get a job there.

Haikush

On the Ice
This is exactly how Czech TV commentators spoike about Anna. I think you can get a job there.

Just pointing out facts.....some of her jumps are already borderline. She simply does NOT have the proper technique to sustein her jumping..why is this so difficult to get?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Anna is having a start to her senior career that mirrors Alina's. Problems in SP and nailing the free to classical music in red. If that's the way it's going to play out, I can live with her problems in the SP then nailing it in the free, and finally pulling both together to win Euros and Worlds, that'd be my dream season :love:

She's even assigned CoC which was one of Alina's assignments her first year too. And she won Lombardia for her Senior debut and is favored by Danny G lol lots of comparisons!

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
As for Liza, also wow! She is so consistent with those 3As this season, AND she shortened the entry. I just can't believe how she just keeps getting better. I don't think I would've had Bradie in second over her three clean triple axels though. I was thoroughly surprised at both scores. I know she lacks in PCS, but it still just doesn't seem right. She still has a shot for the final, but she'll have to do really well in China, maybe even win. And she definitely could, but this does make an opening for others. One of Kihira, Kostornaia, and Zagitova is going to have to get at least third at NHK, so this definitely opens the door for the one that does if she wins or gets second at her other event (depending on how Liza does in China).

Tennelll with more PCS than Shcherbakova and with the same TES that Tuktamysheva is the most overrated I've seen in my life, neither Medvedeva or Liu have had such overscored skating by judges in America.

starla16

Medalist
Tuk not getting silver, this opens the door more for Medvedeva, Kihira and Zagitova
they can even make the finals with a bronze and a silver as long as their silver total is higher than Tennels

Tuks only chANce now in getting into the GPF is gold in China.
of course she was going to be undersocred in USA and Tennels would be Inflated

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Did you guys actually watch Elizaveta skate? There are so many improvements to be done. That team only has themselves to blame. Last year they could get away with just the jumps, but this year they have to bring like 150% more.