2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 554 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
If she did well in her 2nd Cup events then she might get Golden Spin, like Nugumanova. Her shot to JW isnt over yet. Probably Valieva and Sinitsyna is a lock as of now, but Usacheva and Vasilieva is beatable (might get harder if one of them medal at JGPF thougg)

Tarakanova is competing in the seniors in Russian Cup, but that's a domestic assignment. Can she still compete as a junior in international ISU sanctioned events?

Julia Lang from Hungary is also 15 years old, but after her two JGP starts she won't compete in the juniors anymore. Is this a rule or a choice?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Tarakanova is competing in the seniors in Russian Cup, but that's a domestic assignment. Can she still compete as a junior in international ISU sanctioned events?

Julia Lang from Hungary is also 15 years old, but after her two JGP starts she won't compete in the juniors anymore. Is this a rule or a choice?

Tarakanova has through her JGP events qualified to Junior RusNats which decides who will go to JW.

I think you can combine JGP events with Challengers and Championships but not with senior GPs.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
"I'm so happy that I can skate it clean because that was my main goal. I'm so happy that I did two quad Lutzes and I'm happy that I could show what we trained everyday, what we have worked on." - Anna Shcherbakova to Olympic Channel
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...jumping-anna-shcherbakova-wins-skate-america/

In English again, and in front of a room full with reporters and such.

Olympic Channel feature no less, and Winter Olympic Games are still far away. But of course many already know these are the athletes that will have the right age come 2022.

Aleksandra also had a feature on this prestigious portal.

Scott512

Record Breaker
If I would guess, I'd say Russia sends 3 ladies to Golden Spin. I think it will be Tsibinova, Gubanova and Leonova. But it's anyone's guess so I could be wrong...

That's a really good Challenger and they should send the three younger girls. Leanova obviously deserves consideration too but maybe one of the sixteen-year-old Russinas for breakthrough and win the gold. Gubanova I believe won the silver medal at Golden spin last season so she should go again. Unless the FED is upset that puberty seems to still be hanging on to her. To hold that against Nastya would be cruel and the FED is just that.

But what happened last nightall the New York Yankees were losing and breaking my heart? Did Annaactually come through and win the gold and Skate America as I suspect she did from reading a few of the comments? What happened with Liza and Stasya? I'm short on time this morning and don't have time to read 10 pages.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
That's a really good Challenger and they should send the three younger girls. Leanova obviously deserves consideration too but maybe one of the sixteen-year-old Russinas for breakthrough and win the gold. Gubanova I believe won the silver medal at Golden spin last season so she should go again. Unless the FED is upset that puberty seems to still be hanging on to her. To hold that against Nastya would be cruel and the FED is just that.

But what happened last nightall the New York Yankees were losing and breaking my heart? Did Annaactually come through and win the gold and Skate America as I suspect she did from reading a few of the comments? What happened with Liza and Stasya? I'm short on time this morning and don't have time to read 10 pages.

Short resumé: Yes, Anna won with a fantastic skate with two 4lzs. Liza was good and finished 3rd. Stasya bombed big time I'm afraid and finished 11th.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Short resumé: Yes, Anna won with a fantastic skate with two 4lzs. Liza was good and finished 3rd. Stasya bombed big time I'm afraid and finished 11th.

Thank you sir for that short resume.

If Anna can master her SP watch out everyone! If she can do two quads why can't she do a triple axel? We know she's very delicate and not strong and powerful but if she can rotate four times for two quads why can't you rotate 3 times for a trixel? I suppose she will add that next season. it is amazing where this and a girl has come from from her broken leg a couple years ago with her leg in a walking cast and on crutches. She acts like nothing ever happened. Amazing. Anna really is like a Bolshoi ballerina on skates. :)

So sorry for Stasya. Such a warm and lovely young lady. LizaI would think still has a chance to make the Grand Prix final along with 4A and hopefully Evgenia too. How crazy would that be have Russia would send four or five ladies to the Grand Prix final? Or dare I say even 6? ;) It really is the best competition of the season because everyone will have earned their spots. Nothing is given. And I know we've been over this ad nauseam but they Grand Prix final should be 8 skaters per discipline not 6. Adding only two more spots for discipline would not throw everything out of whack and make it so time consuming that it damages things were television time or whatever.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Who is Tsibinova? What is her first name? Is she old enough to skate senior? Why didn’t we see her on the jgp?

Ksenia Tsibinova is the winner of the first stage of the Russian Cup in seniors this year, and turned 15 in January. She's now coached by Davydov, but was previously coached by Panova. Her results last season were good, but she didn't qualify to junior nationals or have a standout performance, so she didn't skate on the JGP. But she looks poised to qualify to nationals provided she does well at her second cup event, whichever it may be.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Can you imagine what will happen if I go to some other ladies thread and write there smth like "X is overscored, she has ugly jumps and skates like a tree trunk".
I bet only in Russian ladies thread one can go from passive-aggressive posts to offensive posts and get away with it.

I thought Bradie was amazing actually, she has made huge improvements in her skating. She held on to silver deservedly. Only one small error in the free and her short did deserve to be first.

It's hilarious to see people complain about an American being overscored at home when Russians are overscored just as much at home too

ruga

Final Flight
Finally got time to catch up with SkAm. Anna was delightful - this program does her way more justice than her short one. Maybe they could return to A Comme Amour? But at the same time I'd like to see new programs.

Elizaveta was good too, but despite having 3 3As she doesn't get much of an advantage. GPF is possible for her, but she needs the stars to allign in a correct way.

And oh, poor Stasya. She kept herself together for the first half of her free program but the end was filled with mistakes. I think the main problem is her mental preparation. She has skated clean-ish programs quite a few times but often breaks down completely.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Finally got time to catch up with SkAm. Anna was delightful - this program does her way more justice than her short one. Maybe they could return to A Comme Amour? But at the same time I'd like to see new programs.

I love the Perfume short program. It's a little mysterious and dark-themed but it suits Anna very well, in my opinion. I think she just needs the program to "click" (like Alina with her Black Swan in the Oly season) and then it will be wonderful. :love:

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I feel so bad for Stasya, her distress after finishing that program was heartbreaking.

Very happy for Anna though, she was amazing. Her consistency with the quad is so much better. 3 attempted this season so far, all 3 landed.

Liza...her 3As are great! As is her Lutz! The rest is...it is still not enough. It's frustrating, why is her free skate layout like this? It actually seems to be getting worse, no 3-3 at all and keeping that 3Lz-2A sequence I don't understand.
She needs to either work on her weaknesses or maximise her BV, her jumps are the best thing she has going for her and she loses too many points from other areas.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's hilarious to see people complain about an American being overscored at home when Russians are overscored just as much at home too

Hypocrisy goes both ways. I think it's extra hilarious that Nathan is seen as a hero to many US fans, who deserves every point he gets (lol), then going on about how Trusova killed figure skating.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Hypocrisy goes both ways. I think it's extra hilarious that Nathan is seen as a hero to many US fans, who deserves every point he gets (lol), then going on about how Trusova killed figure skating.

Yeah, I agree. The hypocrisy does work both ways. I wish it would stop in general.
The Nathan/Trusova thing stinks of sexism more than national bias though.
Man lands multiple quads: What a Hero
Lady lands multiple quads: Stop That you are Killing the sport

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Yeah, I agree. The hypocrisy does work both ways. I wish it would stop in general.
The Nathan/Trusova thing stinks of sexism more than national bias though.
Man lands multiple quads: What a Hero
Lady lands multiple quads: Stop That you are Killing the sport

Actually Nathan’s been getting a lot of hate recently. But I think once more ladies are capable of doing quads then the hate will die down. It’s a sport people, tech should be continuously moving forward. If you only want artistry watch ballet

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Actually Nathan’s been getting a lot of hate recently. But I think once more ladies are capable of doing quads then the hate will die down. It’s a sport people, tech should be continuously moving forward. If you only want artistry watch ballet

I think a lot of the Nathan hate is about his PCS not his quads.
Some people are just not willing to accept that the jumps are what makes it a true sport and not an art.
If a skater doesn't land their jumps no amount of artistry can save them and if a skater lands more difficult jumps they deserve high rewards, that is the way it should be.

Casual

On the Ice

What's wrong with wanting to watch artistic ballet ON ICE?

If you only want tech or jumps, watch any number of winter sports.