2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 56 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Links to where it is clearly stated that Eteri's team has no doctors and no nutritionist to advise Eteri and skaters.
https://twitter.com/TheAnnaWatson/status/1109399028658331648?s=09

"I was constantly scared I would stand on the scale and see extra 100grams. NOW I constantly work with a nutritionist.."

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...to_vydumki_Prosto_nuzhno_zakryt_rot_i_ne_jest

"puberty is an invention, all you have to do is close your mouth and not eat." (Does not sound like nutitional advice to me)

And of course the famous Eteri encouraged and praised Yulia for having a diet consisting of protein shakes before Sochi. No way that was a nutritionist speaking.

Is that enough to prove my point? Or could you show me the links where Eteri say that she encourages healthy eating and the health of her students? Rather than just saying it's the parents responsibility?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

"I was constantly scared I would stand on the scale and see extra 100grams. NOW I constantly work with a nutritionist.."

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...to_vydumki_Prosto_nuzhno_zakryt_rot_i_ne_jest

"puberty is an invention, all you have to do is close your mouth and not eat." (Does not sound like nutitional advice to me)

And of course the famous Eteri encouraged and praised Yulia for having a diet consisting of protein shakes before Sochi. No way that was a nutritionist speaking.

Is that enough to prove my point? Or could you show me the links where Eteri say that she encourages healthy eating and the health of her students? Rather than just saying it's the parents responsibility?

Tarasova said those things with regards to Alina's world championship performance last year word to word.

Here are Tarasova's words to channel:

"After Olympics Zagitova grew 3 cm. She doesn't understand it. Puberty doesn't exist. You just need to eat less."

https://www.kp.ru/online/news/3061392/

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Tarasova said those things with regards to Alina's world championship performance last year word to word.

Here are Tarasova's words to channel:

"After Olympics Zagitova grew 3 cm. She doesn't understand it. Puberty doesn't exist. You just need to eat less."

https://www.kp.ru/online/news/3061392/
Alina also said it. And it said clearly, about Eteri and not about TAT. TAT is a completely different story and I do not like her either but you are deviating from the subject.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Links to where it is clearly stated that Eteri's team has no doctors and no nutritionist to advise Eteri and skaters.

This is naive. Zhenya in interviews has said she didn't have a system before. Why would one of Eteri's top skaters not have had any system for nutrition if she was being advised? Zhenya herself said that there was no dietary/nutritional planning just looking at scales whereas now she focuses on the ratio of muscle and body fat. It is not to say that doing this will definitely prevent eating disorders, the same way going to the doctor will not definitely mean you will live to 100.

People are mentioning other coaches like TAT, Butyrskaya etc. but who is defending them?? I am not. EG is the only coach I know being defended to this length for this.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
This is naive. Zhenya in interviews has said she didn't have a system before. Why would one of Eteri's top skaters not have had any system for nutrition if she was being advised? Zhenya herself said that there was no dietary/nutritional planning just looking at scales whereas now she focuses on the ratio of muscle and body fat. It is not to say that doing this will definitely prevent eating disorders, the same way going to the doctor will not definitely mean you will live to 100.

People are mentioning other coaches like TAT, Butyrskaya etc. but who is defending them?? I am not. EG is the only coach I know being defended to this length for this.
What a refreshing change to see a sane person on this thread. Fluture too of course

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
It honestly shocks me how people would rather say Eteri is right until they see receipts, instead of maybe considering that ex-students like Zhenya, Polina S, Yulia aren't lying about their experiences

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Alina also said it. And it said clearly, about Eteri and not about TAT. TAT is a completely different story and I do not like her either but you are deviating from the subject.

I did not write that, as "TAT approves Alina's message, if TAT says it, then that makes it right"
I meant, that TAT saying those exact words isn't coincidental.

clearly Alina heard it from someone, someone put that in her head, I doubt she came up with that phrase by herself.
TAT using the same exact words as Alina at the same point of time seems strange, doesn't that appear suspicious to you?

Eteri afaik said that nothing can stop puberty, there's no special tool for that.

moriel

Record Breaker

none of this proves team Eteri has no nutritionist, and so on.
Please stop spreading rumours and bashing coaches for something you imagine.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
I did not write that, as "TAT approves Alina's message, if TAT says it, then that makes it right"
I meant, that TAT saying those exact words isn't coincidental.

clearly Alina heard it from someone, someone put that in her head, I doubt she came up with that phrase by herself.
TAT using the same exact words as Alina at the same point of time seems strange, doesn't that appear suspicious to you?

Eteri afaik said that nothing can stop puberty, there's no special tool for that.
I agree that this one may be the one from the three points I made that is just Alina being influenced. BUT, if a nutritionist would be there, I am very sure that she wouldn't be influenced in that way

moriel

Record Breaker
It honestly shocks me how people would rather say Eteri is right until they see receipts, instead of maybe considering that ex-students like Zhenya, Polina S, Yulia aren't lying about their experiences

Presumption of innocence it is called. One is innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Things like "ohhh i think in this interview, the person implies that xxx, and since this happened years after a skater left Eteri, it is clearly her fault" do not constitute proof.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
none of this proves team Eteri has no nutritionist, and so on.
Please stop spreading rumours and bashing coaches for something you imagine.
So you don't think Zhenya saying that she had no real system of nutrition while she was under Eteri and only being scared what was on the scale that she ate very little sounds to you like nutritional advice? Or Eteri praising Yulia for only being able to skate on powder shakes to keep her weight stable is nutritional advice?

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Things like "ohhh i think in this interview, the person implies that xxx, and since this happened years after a skater left Eteri, it is clearly her fault" do not constitute proof.
Yes because 2 months after leaving Eteri Zhenya said she has now much healthier eating patterns, and Yulia saying her eating disorder started years ago before she retired. I am not saying everyone under Eteri is undereating or scared of the scale. What I'm saying is, is that it is very shocking to me that people would rather defend Eteris questionable at best Methods rather than actual children.

Maju

On the Ice
This is so tiring and repetitive and I’m disappointed the mods haven’t intervened.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Give me proof that it's different then. And also, I am questioning if people would go the lengths to defend Eteri if her students weren't so wildly successful

silveruskate

On the Ice
Is the rule of Russian coaches not being able to coach foreign students real or a new rule introduced? As far as I remember, wasn't TAT coaching Mao in the 2010 Olympic season?

Maju

On the Ice
Is the rule of Russian coaches not being able to coach foreign students real or a new rule introduced? As far as I remember, wasn't TAT coaching Mao in the 2010 Olympic season?
I think they forbade it for the run up to Sochi because of how much political importance those Olympics held for Russia. That’s why Tursynbaeva went to Orser originally.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Stay on Topic

The Russian Ladies thread is for discussion of Russian Ladies skaters. Do not engage in extended conversation about coaching techniques in this thread, or those posts will be deleted. If you wish to discuss "coaching techniques", you are welcome to create a separate thread in the Edge.

Continued discussions of this nature will be removed without notice.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So, my contribution to positive stay-on-topic discussion will be: top russian ladies are talented, they work hard and they have professional coaches.