2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 571 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Resa

On the Ice
If we look at better one of Alysa's two free skates, in Poland she had only -1.14 on the 3A+2T and stsq 3, so some 2-3 points missed. Well if we would add the score for SP in Lake placid, it would be close to Kseniia, but at lake Placid Alysa received significantly higher PCS than in Poland (about 1.5 point in SP and 4 points in FP). If her PCS will be closer to Poland, than clean Kseniia should win over clean Alisa. BTW Kseniia's PCS from Italy in free was 3 points higgher than in Chelyabinsk - where she fell - and 10 points higher than Alysa's PCS in Poland). But, I admit, it is in the stars what PCS Alisa will receive at JGPF.

Well, I think it would be closer to +5 points for clean Alysa because I assume she would get positive GOE on top of Lvl 4 StSq and a clean combination jump

Scott512

Record Breaker
I did not get the impression that Liza and Alena are friends. Of course I can’t know for sure. I just would be interested in Mishins thoughts now on the 3A after their senior debuts.
I doubt Liza is friends with any 15 or 16 year olds because she's 22. I'm sure the professor thinks 3A are outstanding and wonderful. But I'm also sure he thinks they're over scored compared to what his top lady scores. Some will say professor Mishinis stuck in the dark ages as a Terry brings her girls and ladies programs that are the highest maximum scoring programs possible for each skater.

Well, I think it would be closer to +5 points for clean Alysa because I assume she would get positive GOE on top of Lvl 4 StSq and a clean combination jump
Junior worlds or JPGF will be fascinating to see if any of the Russians can beat Alysa. As far as I know Liu is the only junior girl or senior lady to have multiple quads and multiple triple axles in her programs. Liu as some holes in her game but if she hits her quads and trixels she will be almost impossible to beat.

Because the Russian ladies are so deep and dominant on the senior level and have been the best for years on the junior girl level i hope there is no judging backlash against them because people are tired of seeing the Russians win. I'm not saying Alysa Liu will get propped up to beat Kamila but if it's close it will be interesting to see if Alysa gets the edge over Kamila.

Whatever happens to the Russian ladies and seniors and juniors this season will be fascinating spectacular and much-talked-about.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm sure the professor thinks 3A are outstanding and wonderful. But I'm also sure he thinks they're over scored compared to what his top lady scores. Some will say professor Mishinis stuck in the dark ages as a Terry brings her girls and ladies programs that are the highest maximum scoring programs possible for each skater.

A lot of preferences are subjective, but there are things that Eteri's top skaters are objectively better at than Liza: speed, number of transitions, and difficulty of spins (among other things). Liza has a great lutz and axel, but I don't think any of her other jumps are that special. Now that her base value has been surpassed by a few other women, I don't see how she stands apart from the top competitors.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I did not get the impression that Liza and Alena are friends. Of course I can’t know for sure. I just would be interested in Mishins thoughts now on the 3A after their senior debuts.

A lot of preferences are subjective, but there are things that Eteri's top skaters are objectively better at than Liza: speed, number of transitions, and difficulty of spins (among other things). Liza has a great lutz and axel, but I don't think any of her other jumps are that special. Now that her base value has been surpassed by a few other women, I don't see how she stands apart from the top competitors.

Agreed.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Ah yes let's start with the most negative comments. I'm sure a lot of people are filled with joy right now, even though they're preaching how wishing bad luck on someone is evil.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Hoping for redemption for Sima and Zhenya tomorrow, and a clean skate from Sasha to take home the gold! :pray:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Junior worlds or JPGF will be fascinating to see if any of the Russians can beat Alysa. As far as I know Liu is the only junior girl or senior lady to have multiple quads and multiple triple axles in her programs. Liu as some holes in her game but if she hits her quads and trixels she will be almost impossible to beat.

Because the Russian ladies are so deep and dominant on the senior level and have been the best for years on the junior girl level i hope there is no judging backlash against them because people are tired of seeing the Russians win. I'm not saying Alysa Liu will get propped up to beat Kamila but if it's close it will be interesting to see if Alysa gets the edge over Kamila.

Whatever happens to the Russian ladies and seniors and juniors this season will be fascinating spectacular and much-talked-about.

Kamila has two quad toes and better execution on nearly everything. I'm always careful with predictions, but if clean she should be 10-15 points ahead.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ah yes let's start with the most negative comments. I'm sure a lot of people are filled with joy right now, even though they're preaching how wishing bad luck on someone is evil.

If this is truly your first idea... :shrug:

I don't know if you've read the competition thread but first you should start there. Than we may have a talk.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Great skate by Trusova. But like Anna only level 2 on the StepSeq. Eteri & Co must be frustrated about this. I suspect we will see reworked footwork on their next GPs. 7 points up to Kihira is doable but she needs a clean skate tomorrow.

Medvedeva. This was not good. Mistakes on all the jump elements. And messed up one spin. Is it just me, but that vibe between her and Orser in the KC was not a good one.
Last year Zhenya had an even worse SP at SC but came back in the long and finished 3rd. That will be more difficult tomorrow, I expect her to overtake Daleman, but that's it. It looks like there is no GPF for Zhenya again this year.

A solid skate by Sima. I actually think she was better than Zhenya but there's not much between them. I really really hope she has a good skate tomorrow.

As a side note I was impressed by You. But it baffles me that she doesn't have a second assignment. She has been on top of the replacement list since Lombardia and there has been six substitutes announced so far, but still no 2nd GP for Young You.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Please summarize for us less fortunate

well, I don't remember everything now, he was just slamming everyone left and right lol, I was so shocked to hear it live. This one was boring and uninteresting, the dress is bad, the performance was atrocious, underrotations here and there. I certainly thought TAT was in charge of that type of commentary, he came replacing her just fine :laugh2:

neusw

On the Ice
well, I don't remember everything now, he was just slamming everyone left and right lol, I was so shocked to hear it live. This one was boring and uninteresting, the dress is bad, the performance was atrocious, underrotations here and there. I certainly thought TAT was in charge of that type of commentary, he came replacing her just fine :laugh2:

Lmao well I didn’t know he had the grand dame diva attitude to pull that kind of commentary off. :laugh:

Grin

Medalist
I feel really sad for Evgenia now.
But I'm glad Trusova was able to pull her SP off.
Hope they both skate clean tomorrow.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sounds like he did not get the memo.

#BeTheTed

Much more difficult, and more enlightening, to listen to Ted’s style of commentary:agree: