2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 664 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf
Only two! per е-lutz for CRAINE and е-F for CHOI. From 12 participants. And 4! for Anna! It is so funny and cynical. Shame ISU.

She got 4 ! Calls because she had 4 flat edges

And she was called on them because the judges were pretty strict. They blasted quite a few skaters on their URs

My god this anti Russian conspiracy nonsense is annoying, especially when most of them are absolutely murdering the competition

Just stop

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
The judging got stricter. Her edges were flat here, more so than SA where a stricter panel might have called them.

:rofl2:

Could you please show me where her edge was flatter this time around? I know it's apparently all 5 of her lutzes, but I would appreciate a comparison from SkAm, even just one jump for me to compare. Thanks.

E

eterialskater

I rarely watch Trusova but does she have clear Lutz edges?

If she doesn't then she will be called the same way, according to the new mantra. That should even them out should it not?

If she has perfect edges then she won't be called which would be fair too wouldn't it?

She has a clear outside edge but I wouldn't be surprise if she suddenly gets ! or even e's. I honestly thought last week was an aberration with Zagitova's lutzes. They are hellbent on stopping them and the ISU will employ every underhanded tactic in the book.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
:rofl2:

Could you please show me where her edge was flatter this time around? I know it's apparently all 5 of her lutzes, but I would appreciate a comparison from SkAm, even just one jump for me to compare. Thanks.

I'm not going to waste time trying to put together some sort of visual aid for you to just dismiss

Go watch videos yourself why should I do your homework for you?

These edge calls are not out of the blue they're because of stricter panels

Satoko got hosed on URs as did a few others

We have seen stricter judging recently in general

It really is not just the Russians

- - - Updated - - -

Mishmanion you can copy-paste your comments from last week you can save us some 30pages...

Oh that's good because everyone else is copying theirs only inserting anna over alina

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
I'm not going to waste time trying to put together some sort of visual aid for you to just dismiss

Go watch videos yourself why should I do your homework for you?

These edge calls are not out of the blue they're because of stricter panels

Satoko got hosed on URs as did a few others

We have seen stricter judging recently in general

It really is not just the Russians

You're not doing any "homework" for me (and where exactly did I mention "the Russians"??) I asked you for an example of Anna's edge being better at SkAm than here, which you told me it was. That's all.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
She has a clear outside edge but I wouldn't be surprise if she suddenly gets ! or even e's. I honestly thought last week was an aberration with Zagitova's lutzes. They are hellbent on stopping them and the ISU will employ every underhanded tactic in the book.

So hell bent on stopping them that Anna is in the GPF already with Sasha and Alena poised to make it too and possibly also Alina

Yes that will stop them!!!!

Lololololoolololol

DenissVFan

Medalist
I rarely watch Trusova but does she have clear Lutz edges?

If she doesn't then she will be called the same way, according to the new mantra. That should even them out should it not?

If she has perfect edges then she won't be called which would be fair too wouldn't it?

Sasha has consistently had the best lutz edge out of the 4A. She should be fine.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
"We want strict judging!!!!11!1!"
*strict judging happens, alas not for everyone*
-surprised pikachu-

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I think Anna’s calls were fair. You really shouldn’t get away with jumping four Lutz jumps in your program when your edge is flat. I love the Tutberidze girls, and they are still above everyone, but fair is fair.

And to be honest, just because they didn’t get calls before, it doesn’t mean that these flaws did not exist before.

I also follow skating discussions on Reddit, Instagram and Twitter, and the general sentiment is that the calls were fair. We can just dismiss them as „Russophobes” and continue to live in our „Golden Skate bubble”. Or actually think about and try to be more objective when it comes to our favorites.

And not getting WR and 160+ every time they step on the ice can actually help the girls improve.

Anyway, Congratulations to Anna, she beat the field by a mile! The huge Teddy Bear in the K&C was so funny and adorable. And also Congrats to Liza for the bronze, her triple Axels were one of the higlights of the competition.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
This made up and ridiculous outcry everytime a Russian doesn't quite score through the roof is getting old and boring

It is ruining my enjoyment of being a part of this forum

It is just absolutely flooded with it

I am done

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
This made up and ridiculous outcry everytime a Russian doesn't quite score through the roof is getting old and boring

It is ruining my enjoyment of being a part of this forum

It is just absolutely flooded with it

I am done
Ah but you've got it wrong. It's mostly complaining about an Eteri skater being underscored. People rarely care about the rest. ;)

starla16

Medalist
Tuk has only herself to blame, falling on the on 3A and doubling on the toe jump in her 3-3 in the SP sealed her fate.