2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Maju

On the Ice
Is it accurate that in the interview it was said Anna ate two shrimps and said she was full and Daniil praises this?

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Is it accurate that in the interview it was said Anna ate two shrimps and said she was full and Daniil praises this?

nobody knows how much chocolate she ate in that day before :p

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Yeah i've seen a bunch of these statements even from Eteri, i honestly don't know how i should feel about it, it feels Soviet-Chinese tricks all over again. Kind of a cringe watch.

Also the whole "X skater couldn't skate after the injury but she secretly practiced jumps anyway and that's good" (i remember Polina Tsurskaya saying she was almost forced to do this in order to keep up, and in the recent interview Daniil said Kostornaya did the same), how is that good if that skater is not fully recovered yet? it's incredibly dangerous.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Yeah i've seen a bunch of these statements even from Eteri, i honestly don't know how i should feel about it, it feels Soviet-Chinese tricks all over again. Kind of a cringe watch.

Also the whole "X skater couldn't skate after the injury but she secretly practiced jumps anyway and that's good" (i remember Polina Tsurskaya saying she was almost forced to do this in order to keep up, and in the recent interview Daniil said Kostornaya did the same), how is that good if that skater is not fully recovered yet? it's incredibly dangerous.

I believe based on the translation that Daniil was saying that Kostornaya secretly doing jumps is a bad thing, and they told her to stop.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight

Was it implied that these jumps were off ice? Because it seems like it would be hard to keep jumping on the ice a secret.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Liza would have won Worlds, Fed made a big mistake not dumping Samodurova
its because she is European Champ and she scored 213+ and her PCS rise there. I thought after that her PCS would be in 33/67-68 range same with EC score thus bringing up her scoring potential to 215+ but she got 31/64-65 in World and WTT, i dont understand why.

Its a shame that Liza didnt get send to World but she prove that she's the empress queen! With 230+ she should still be competitive with other ladies, including 3A. Its gonna be interesting

starla16

Medalist
its because she is European Champ and she scored 213+ and her PCS rise there. I thought after that her PCS would be in 33/67-68 range same with EC score thus bringing up her scoring potential to 215+ but she got 31/64-65 in World and WTT, i dont understand why.

Its a shame that Liza didnt get send to World but she prove that she's the empress queen! With 230+ she should still be competitive with other ladies, including 3A. Its gonna be interesting

she isnt going anywhere until the end of this olympic quad. If Tuk doesnt make into another Olympics
missing 3 olympic seasons in spite of her longevity makes her career one of the most unfulfilled in FS history.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

I wonder if we will get to see 5-6 different ladies at the next Euros and Worlds, they are all so talented!

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I don't think people should discount Tuktik. She proved today she can do it and the fed owes her a big time.Maybe it will not be a triple A on Euros and wolrds, but could be AAE in the end, depending on how things go.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Liza would have won Worlds

Alina's score disagrees :), but definitely huge achievement from Liza. While one never knows what would really happen in the different situation, Liza definitely showed she is prepared to fight for her spots on big competitions.

Sofia did great for the whole season, even on worlds, the fact that her score just wasn't so high doesn't mean her skating deserved "dumping".

Also another great news for russian ladies, WR in total scores (238.43) and in FS (158.50) will stand with the true russian lady Alina at least till the beginning of the next season. Somebody will sleep badly due to it, somebody other will sleep well, but the important thing is to realize that those numbers are something you can achieve hardly even with higher BV than Alina had. That speaks about how strong Alina if fact is and how well her programs were created and executed. Also remember that not only this WR, but also 2nd best total score, 237.50, belongs to her, so it was not some acidental performance (and if you would count JO performance, than you would realize that whole three best FS performances of the whole season belong to Alina.

So, for the next season, I hope the new Alina's programs will be again created with the access to Alina's skating and performance abilities as well as the old ones were.

Thank you, russian ladies, Alina, Zhenya, Liza, Sofia, Stanislava, 3As, Anastasia and all the others (Lilbet included), for this magnificent season both on junior and senior level, you have all delivered technical perfection in connection with the performance abilities and brought more joy into this world. I'm already looking forward for the next one.
:thank:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Alina's score disagrees :), but definitely huge achievement from Liza. While one never knows what would really happen in the different situation, Liza definitely showed she is prepared to fight for her spots on big competitions.

Sofia did great for the whole season, even on worlds, the fact that her score just wasn't so high doesn't mean her skating deserved "dumping".

Also another great news for russian ladies, WR in total scores (238.43) and in FS (158.43) will stand with the true russian lady Alina at least till the beginning of the next season. Somebody will sleep badly due to it, somebody other will sleep well, but the important thing is to realize that those numbers are something you can achieve hardly even with higher BV than Alina had. That speaks about how strong Alina if fact is and how well her programs were created and executed. Also remember that not only this WR, but also 2nd best total score, 237.50, belongs to her, so it was not some acidental performance (and if you would count JO performance, than you would realize that whole three best FS performances of the whole season belong to Alina.

So, for the next season, I hope the new Alina's programs will be again created with the access to Alina's skating and performance abilities as well as the old ones were.

Thank you, russian ladies, Alina, Zhenya, Liza, Sofia, Stanislava, 3As, Anastasia and all the others (Lilbet included), for this magnificent season both on junior and senior level, you have all delivered technical perfection in connection with the performance abilities and brought more joy into this world. I'm already looking forward for the next one.
:thank:

Perfect post, my friend! :luv17:The results speak for themselves, and it is also about the stories behind them, because all these amazing ladies faced so many difficulties, and have risen above them! Alina, overcaming herself, the pressure, all those who did not believe in her, winning the most important title of the season, and having now all the titles under her belt! Zhenya, changing her entire life, just to be able to rebuild herself, recovering after defeat with a Worlds Bronze medal that is so important for her. Liza, having such a great season, bringing that gorgeous 3A back and fighting to be on the top in every competition she enters. Sofia with an unbelievable senior debut, not many believed in her, but she delievered, her consistency and confidence brought her the European title and other great performances. Stanislava recovering after last season's Worlds dissapointment and having a good season overall.

The 3As..just getting better and better, they dominated the junior world and now the so much expected time of their senior debut is here. :yahoo:

Seniors, juniors, novices, they all offered us an entartaining season!:luv17:

The WR, FS records and the Worlds title being in Alina's pocket, I'd say it was a great season for her and for our Russian ladies :thumbsup: Alina has matured so much during this season, so many learning experiences that brought her where she is today, that make me so eager to find out her new programs! Her artistical potential is huge, and it will be very interesting to watch her development from now on!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Liza would have won Worlds, Fed made a big mistake not dumping Samodurova

No but with these scores, it would have been a second place, so podium sweep.

That said Medvedeva was the one at risk of losing her spot, not Samodurova. Still one of the dumbest decisions ever not sending Liza to Worlds.

Maju

On the Ice
Well done to all our fabulous Russian ladies for their great achievements!
However I really dislike the “woulda coulda” sentiment in the thread about Liza going to Worlds. She had an absolutely magnificent performance here and I’m extremely happy for her! But there’s no point in ruminating about her being sent to Worlds because it just didn’t happen and no matter how much we want her to be, we can’t go back in time :p It is what it is. Both Liza and Zhenya are fantastic sportswomen and nobody should try to discount either of them. Hoping for their continued success the next season!
(also go Liza for getting the 4th highest FS score record! Very well deserved)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Do you guys know, if there is any way to watch Russian nationals? Because it is going to be epic next year.

Azikin

Medalist
No but with these scores, it would have been a second place, so podium sweep.

That said Medvedeva was the one at risk of losing her spot, not Samodurova. Still one of the dumbest decisions ever not sending Liza to Worlds.

That's unfortunately true. But maybe not as dumb as unfair. She really deserved it this season. Who knows if there will ever be a chance for her again... For me, there will always be a stain on 2019 World Championship...