2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 70 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

colormyworld240

Medalist
Yep and again we can see how many here dislike zhenya in this thread. While she may not have announced her ex have any of you given a thought that mabye she was planning too and that she already had soem choreography to it? If that would be the truth than yes naturally she is a bit angry cause now she would have to get a new song and also new choreography. Have you ever thought about that instead of simply harping about her reaction and how could she do this on Alinas birthday of all days. My god there is a alina thread then go there to be angry about zhenya doing this to your favorite.

Evgenia is free to use the music if she wishes. I don’t see Alina or her team stopping her. Her (and her fans’) reaction is problematic because she doesn’t own the music and there is no proof that Alina’s team chose it just to copy her. She could have a program to it. And it’s not a problem she didn’t announce it. She can still skate to it. Skaters don’t have monopoly over music. You don’t see Yulia throwing a fit when someone else does schindlers list, or katelyn throwing a fit if someone else chooses Piaf. Heck, Alina and Kaetlyn both did black swan as a competitive program in the Olympic season, both serious threats to all podiums and competing directly against each other at multiple competitions and there was no issue.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Anyone who thinks Alina skating to her new ex music is her or her team copying anyone is absolutely nuts and digging for something to insult them about because there is nothing else. Alina also has said she wanted to do a tango in an interview right after she turned senior. Then Evgenia did it last season.. And yet Alina wasn’t posting passive aggressive remarks on social media and her fans weren’t accusing Evgenia of copying her. It’s there for everyone to use, and one interview in passing doesn’t mean everyone else is copying. Daniil already addressed that he didn’t see Evgenia’s Interview; why are we trying to shove our own convoluted theories as fact instead of listening to those directly involved? There can be more than one program to the music anyway. Let the skating to the talking; why are there so many conspiracy theories and so much pettiness in this sport (and it’s fandom)?
Alina also said she wanted to skate to Carmen and she did. Phantom I think was supposed to be zhenyas number and since she left alina got it. And according to Brian zhenya told him when they met for the first time that she wants to skate a tango. And since she could never decide for herself what she wanted for her programms she did it the first time she ever could decide for herself. So there is that. And I do not think that alina decided that this was to be her ex. No I think she did not have much of a say in that. But those are only my thoughts. And can we please talk about other skaters .? And yes I am not an alina fan but a zhenya fan. Yes alina is really good but for me shendoesnt fascinate me like zhenya does Which does not mean I want alina to retire or something else before I get to hear that.

Fluture

Record Breaker
The only way this drama could be funnier is if Evgenia now decides to do an EX to Copycat by Billie Eilish.

She liked a comment on Instagram who suggested doing exactly that. It would be hilarious if she really did.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Adding to the figure skating drama:
I read that sometime ago Alina stopped following Evgenia on social media and Evgenia actively liked comments of her fans which stated things like "Finally, we can talk 18+ content". Also, rumor has it that Evgenia's distress last year after the Olympics was the reason why Alina wasn't in the cast of FAoI (at the time Anna P. was chosen and I was a bit baffled because I know Anna is famous and well liked in Japan and I'm happy she got a shot at skating there again but it didn't quite make sense not to have the current Olympic champion).
How about you stopp adding to it. ? Again if you want to talk about this than open up a new thread or harpy about zhenya in Alinas forum for all I care or the other way around. But stop trying to open up again a discussion about both, and yes I am a zhenya fan

Fluture

Record Breaker
I read that sometime ago Alina stopped following Evgenia on social media and Evgenia actively liked comments of her fans which stated things like "Finally, we can talk 18+ content". Also, rumor has it that Evgenia's distress last year after the Olympics was the reason why Alina wasn't in the cast of FAoI (at the time Anna P. was chosen and I was a bit baffled because I know Anna is famous and well liked in Japan and I'm happy she got a shot at skating there again but it didn't quite make sense not to have the current Olympic champion).

Wow. It‘s getting better and better. :rofl: Now Zhenya chooses the cast for shows in Japan according to her preferences? I would like some of the powers that girl has. :popcorn:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
And since when does zhenya have the power of those who choose to invite those skaters to their shows? My god just stop with those comments

colormyworld240

Medalist
Alina also said she wanted to skate to Carmen and she did. Phantom I think was supposed to be zhenyas number and since she left alina got it. And according to Brian zhenya told him when they met for the first time that she wants to skate a tango. And since she could never decide for herself what she wanted for her programms she did it the first time she ever could decide for herself. So there is that. And I do not think that alina decided that this was to be her ex. No I think she did not have much of a say in that. But those are only my thoughts. And can we please talk about other skaters .? And yes I am not an alina fan but a zhenya fan. Yes alina is really good but for me shendoesnt fascinate me like zhenya does Which does not mean I want alina to retire or something else before I get to hear that.

When did I say anything about whose fan you are? You could be anyone’s fan, you could dislike both. It doesn’t change the fact that Alina’s tram didn’t copy Evgenia just because she’s doing a program to an artist that Evgenia likes. And when Evgenia met Brian, that was well after Alina said she wanted to do a tango. But that’s exactly the point. Evgenia didn’t copy Alina, Alina doesn’t own tango. And as for Alina having choice in her programs; why don’t you think she wanted it? Her team does give consideration to what she likes as you have given an example of. But even if she didn’t chose it, it doesn’t mean her team copied Alina.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
When did I say anything about whose fan you are? You could be anyone’s fan, you could dislike both. It doesn’t change the fact that Alina’s tram didn’t copy Evgenia just because she’s doing a program to an artist that Evgenia likes. And when Evgenia met Brian, that was well after Alina said she wanted to do a tango. But that’s exactly the point. Evgenia didn’t copy Alina, Alina doesn’t own tango. And as for Alina having choice in her programs; why don’t you think she wanted it? Her team does give consideration to what she likes as you have given an example of. But even if she didn’t chose it, it doesn’t mean her team copied Alina.
I did not mean the fan thing for you but for all the others who think that when you are not an alina fan you want her to retire and before I get comments about this I tell how it is in my comments

micks

Rinkside
Tutberidze gave a tango to Tursynbayeva. When? Before she found out that Evgenia will have a tango or after? That is the question. :)

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
The perks of being an FS fan in 2019 lol. Felt so good to be mostly away in this last month.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Figure skating drama:
(I’m sorry, I’m not taking any of this seriously, but it’s hilarious :D)

Apparently Evgenia did an interview, where she said that Bad guy by Billie is her favorite song.
Her fans quickly went to accuse Daniil of stealing Evgenia’s favorite song and being copycats.
Evgenia apparently agrees with her fans and is liking comments on Instagram that say that “Alina copying her is a biggest form of flattery” and that “they stole her idea for EX program, while she was sleeping”. She also posted a screenshot from that interview with the words “I also like Noize MC”.
Kinda childish I think, Billie is quite popular amoungst teens, but wow the tensions are still going strong between her and that camp, I’m kinda surprised that they’re still not over it.
I thought things were going better at worlds, when they hugged with Alina and they took that photo together with Eteri, but boy I was wrong.
I go to sleep for 6 or 7 hours and wake up to all this drama! :(

I don't think it's hilarious though. I think it's unfortunate. I had hoped things were patched up at Worlds in that picture of Zhenya eteri and Alina. But we are dealing with human beings and human beings are often emotional even with minor issues like how choosing exhibition music that one of your friends and rivals likes too. Again we have to remember that they're human. Zhenya liked not nice comments aimed Alina on her birthday Alina reportedly unfollowed Zhenya on Instagram. Again we have to remember they're going through a lot of emotions and growing up and still teenagers. Most of us scratch our heads with this stuff. The only thing that disappoints me is that there is still a little rift or a little friction there even though they made nice at Worlds and I'm glad they had those moments at Worlds. I don't like to thank that there are issues between Alina and evgenia I always thought it was and Evgenia and Eteri thing. Danil did not do anything wrong. Especially since he chose this music weeks ago.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yep and again we can see how many here dislike zhenya in this thread. While she may not have announced her ex have any of you given a thought that mabye she was planning too and that she already had soem choreography to it? If that would be the truth than yes naturally she is a bit angry cause now she would have to get a new song and also new choreography. Have you ever thought about that instead of simply harping about her reaction and how could she do this on Alinas birthday of all days. My god there is a alina thread then go there to be angry about zhenya doing this to your favorite.

Topic about "who is fan of whose music" was brought to this thread by this comment. Before this there was only an announcement of the music here. Daniil started to be attacked on his insta account immediately after the announcement. Many comments here on GS (not just in this thread) were undoubtedly influenced by that, some of them apparently agreed with the "copycat" narrative, some of them disagreed. GS is not existing in the vacuum, but as well as "we can see how many here dislike zhenya", I could also say "we can also see how many people are immediately willing to believe that anything anybody from Team Eteri does is somehow revolving aroud EM".

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Topic about "who is fan of whose music" was brought to this thread by this comment. Before this there was only an announcement of the music here. Daniil started to be attacked on his insta account immediately after the announcement. Many comments here on GS (not just in this thread) were undoubtedly influenced by that, some of them apparently agreed with the "copycat" narrative, some of them disagreed. GS is not existing in the vacuum, but as well as "we can see how many here dislike zhenya", I could also say "we can also see how many people are immediately willing to believe that anything anybody from Team Eteri do is somehow revolving aroud EM".
But we can see that more than enough people in her dislike zhenya, I remember quite clearly those discussion early last season where more than a few users here were attacking zhenya in their comments, for going to Brian, and for leaving and how she left ect pp and that is exactly why I normally stay away most of the times from this thread here .

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Tutberidze gave a tango to Tursynbayeva. When? Before she found out that Evgenia will have a tango or after? That is the question. :)

I was talking about tango in different context already, there were about six tango programs among ladies just on the worlds, that's 1/4th of the whole number. It reminds me that during the last offseason there was some question here whether different coaches and teams are somehow talking with each other about their choices in order to avoid collisions (and was of course replied that there is no such a thing :) ). Well, now this brings it to the new level :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
But we can see that more than enough people in her dislike zhenya, I remember quite clearly those discussion early last season where more than a few users here were attacking zhenya in their comments, for going to Brian, and for leaving and how she left ect pp and that is exactly why I normally stay away most of the times from this thread here .

I really don't think that the ultimate question of skating, music and everything is "Do you dislike Zhenya?"

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It‘s a similar situation here. Zhenya did not explicitly say: “I will skate to Billie Eilish“. But she‘s been making lots of hints for months now and I very much doubt Daniil didn’t get any of them. And given her reaction, it seemed like she really had been planning to skate her new ex to this music. For the records, I don‘t even like Billie Eilish’s music, so I‘ll probably be glad if I don‘t have to listen to it too often. Maybe Zhenya‘s going to choose EXO now. There’s lots of things she can do. I think it was just the first reaction after waking up and finding out your idea for the next exhibition had been taken by someone who never expressed any interest in this kind of music. .

This song has been released on 30th of march, so it's barely 1,5 month old :D

But anyways, I think people are again running to make the villain of the other side (Evgenia or Daniil)

I don't think it was intentional from Daniil's side, that is kinda silly to assume that.
I do think Evgenia had every right to think it was somehow about her, since they did not split on good terms and it's understandable that she would assume that.
(Aka if you break up with someone, how often did you think that your ex was doing things to spite you? )
Her passive aggressive behavior is not very nice, but I think she acted on an impulse and did not think any of this through. Still, she should have known better though.

All and all, it's just a 1 song, I find it childish to be fighting over it, when there are billions of songs existing.
There were so many times when skaters skated to the same songs at exhibitions, I mean look at how many MJ Exs were made.
She can skate to it too, if she wants to and was planning that initially. A song for an EX is really not a big deal.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone who thinks Alina skating to her new ex music is her or her team copying anyone is absolutely nuts and digging for something to insult them about because there is nothing else. Alina also has said she wanted to do a tango in an interview right after she turned senior. Then Evgenia did it last season.. And yet Alina wasn’t posting passive aggressive remarks on social media and her fans weren’t accusing Evgenia of copying her. It’s there for everyone to use, and one interview in passing doesn’t mean everyone else is copying. Daniil already addressed that he didn’t see Evgenia’s Interview; why are we trying to shove our own convoluted theories as fact instead of listening to those directly involved? There can be more than one program to the music anyway. Let the skating to the talking; why are there so many conspiracy theories and so much pettiness in this sport (and it’s fandom)?

Evgenia said she wanted to do a tango after Worlds 2016.

esteticlove

Final Flight
My concern is not that Daniil/Alina are copying anything from Evgenia, because that's not the case. But last week there was an interview with Evgenia with some bloggers (?) in a car (Kovtun was also there) and they were singing different songs, including Bad guy. Some days after, Daniil announces a program to the same music. I won't call this copying or stealing anything (lol) but it's just provocative. And I don't buy his words that he had no idea of the video. I also use IG and I don't follow any figure skating stuff, but just because I've searched some time ago for some pictures in the search settings, I keep getting updates on the "home" board where I also accidentally saw the video as well as the photo of Daniil and Alina for her birthday. So long story short - he's just being provocative playing it innocent. Their team keeps proving to me that they use such kind of a PR where they rely on defending fans to spread the word. Bad thing is - Alina is a victim again, and honestly I am sick and tired of that narrative... She doesn't deserve this. And I also don't defend Evgenia's reactions on social media neither.

Edit: on a positive note, I saw some pictures of Sasha Trusova getting some kind of a prize yesterday. Have we discussed this?

Edit2: And I am also sad that they are provoking such drama for the second time in the off-season.

Fluture

Record Breaker
This song has been released on 30th of march, so it's barely 1,5 month old :D

But anyways, I think people are again running to vilify the other side (Evgenia or Daniil).
I don't think it was intentional from Daniil's side, that is kinda silly to assume that.
I do think Evgenia had every right to think it was somehow about her, since they did not split on good terms and it's understandable that she would assume that.
(Aka if you break up with someone, how often did you think that your ex was doing things to spite you? )
Her passive aggressive behavior is not very nice, but I think she acted on an impulse and did not think any of this through. Still, she should have known better though.

All and all, it's just a 1 song, I find it childish to be fighting over it, when there are billions of songs existing.
There were so many times when skaters skated to the same songs at exhibitions, I mean look at how many MJ Exs were made.
She can skate to it too, if she wants to and was planning that initially. A song for an EX is really not a big deal.

Yes, I was exaggerating a bit. Happens. :biggrin: It wasn‘t particularly about the song, only, though, I remember Zhenya being excited about Billie Eilish in general for some time now. I think she was literally counting the days until a new album was released, there were lots of stories about her gushing about this kind of music. That‘s what I meant with months. I‘m not really up to date with Billie Eilish, so which songs get released when is not something I know.

Well, for me the announcement really had a sour taste and from all I‘ve seen and heard.. for me it really does look like something intentional. The video with Zhenya saying Billie Eilish was her favourite is all over Instagram/Youtube. Even if you don’t follow her, it will pop up in your feed once or twice. Daniil could have used any other song and he chooses this? Coincidentally? Something Alina has no history with whatsoever but is Zhenya‘s favourite song?
Doesn‘t mean it is 100% intentional but it does feel like this for me. We can agree to disagree here, that‘s okay.

I agree that Zhenya acted on impulse. Not particularly smart or the morally perfect thing to do but very human and understandable. She only liked a few comments on social media, it‘s not like she went on TV to talk about how awful Alina was for stealing her music and blamed her in front of the entire nation. They‘re just teenagers. I think, had someone like Wakaba or Sofia or Liza chosen to skate to this, it would have seemed less intentional and more like a coincidence. But because it‘s this team, with the things that happened in the past... if I was Zhenya I would have been annoyed too. Especially since Eteri and co. have been going on with their passive aggressive behaviour the entire season now, too. This just seems to be the last straw and I don‘t blame her.
I just wish fans wouldn‘t go and blame Alina. She‘s just the one being used again and none of this is her fault.

I think ultimately, it won‘t change a lot. It‘s a weird situation, especially since it‘s the two of them. But Alina will hopefully have fun with her new ex and Zhenya will either choose something new (there are endless of options, really) or just use the same music. The interpretation will not be the same anyway.