2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 71 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

madison

Record Breaker
I've said it before that Eteri and Daniil use to copy others' ideas.
Here with Zhenya they have arguments that Bad Guy is a really popular song, and anyway Evgenia didnt say that she wants to skate on it.
But I wonder how they will justify Liza T. short program's choice, on the same music and the same concept used for Voronov short in 2014 ( i checked on Wiki, the choreo was made by Zhulin).
I just saw that Alina liked a samba video on Instagram. I wonder if one of her programs next season is on latino music.

Fluture

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxpOcspC2yV/?igshid=138y1eohbyxjb

Nastya Tarakanova‘s lutzes and lutz combos throughout the season. Her technique is great but it seems like she loses stamina a bit and goes off-axis, especially with the combos in the end of the programs (like the backloaded SP one). Hopefully Panova can improve her consistency a bit so that we see more of those perfect 3Lz like the solo one she did in the FS at JGPF.

asingingwife

Rinkside
Nothing like drama to keep us entertained in the off season [emoji6]

Zhenya showed a human reaction. She is mature in many things but hey even the best of us adults can still be petty when frustrated. In my opinion the best thing for her to do is to skate to music by someone else entirely and just do the best program possible.

Finley

Record Breaker
Daniil has said more than once that he doesn't like the negative attention that Alina gets from the media and fans of other figure skaters. He would have to be an idiot to choose a song for her that would deliberately provoke fans to attack her. Or open the door for the media to create drama.

For those wondering why we aren't discussing our thoughts on this in Alina's fan fest, we aren't allowed to. We are only allowed to discuss positive things related to Alina. Anything else we have been told multiple times to discuss here.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Daniil has said more than once that he doesn't like the negative attention that Alina gets from the media and fans of other figure skaters. He would have to be an idiot to choose a song for her that would deliberately provoke fans to attack her. Or open the door for the media to create drama.

For those wondering why we aren't discussing our thoughts on this in Alina's fan fest, we aren't allowed to. We are only allowed to discuss positive things related to Alina. Anything else we have been told multiple times to discuss here.
But it is okay for you to go into zhenyas fanfest and post it there? Sure [emoji848]

Scott512

Record Breaker

I feel dumbfounded that people would actually think Alinas choreographer would choose a song one of her friends and rivals likes just to spite that rival and not because it works for his pupil AlIna. Danils career is on the upswingand he is only going to do something that works for the girls and boys he works with. To do anything else would be truly foolish. I have no idea what this song sounds like but since it's popular I'm sure millions of people besides Evgenia and a Alina like it. To me there is no conspiracy theory here. Zhenya we'll be just fine and will have an outstanding exhibition program in my opinion. I would never expect anything less from her.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
For me it seems very "tinfoil hat conspiracy" saying things like "Oh, they only did that to spite Zhenya" or whatever. I am not a great fan of team tutberidze coaching team, but I don't think that they only always think about how they could spite Zhenya or whatever. Also Alina may have liked Billie Eilish and the song for longer than we thought, Zhenya is very active on Social Media so fans usually verd quickly know what she likes, what she does etc. But not everyone is like that. Just because Alina hasn't been vocal about liking Billie on Instagram, doesn't mean she doesn't like her.

Also Evgenia doesn't own the song. She never said she will skate to it. To say that Alina is copying her, to me is very weird because it implies that just because someone likes a song, and maybe possibly might want to skate to that song in the future, no one is allowed to except that person.

If Evgenia wants to skate to it, she should definitely do that. And not be discouraged because Alina is skating to it. I mean I thought they were good friends, so idk why that would be a problem but...
I don't think they were friends, teammates yes but friends not really at least I don't think so.

esteticlove

Final Flight
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnYzQlIcBZ/?igshid=v8glk91loqz4

She looks pretty and proud. :)

Also, I agree on everything else in that post.

Yes, she hasn't stepped on the senior circuit yet and she's already so successful!! 2x World Junior Champion, many other medals (has she ever medalled off the podium in the last seasons??), mastering quadriple jumps like a boss, getting awards, already being a big-brand ambassador. Wow! Just wow!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Yeah you’re not allowed to bash other skaters in your faves FF. You also shouldn’t bring that here honestly. It isn’t really relevant to Alina at all, but yet here everyone is playing the victim on her behalf. This isn’t even about her. This forum might as well be Alina’s FF pt2 but with the added bonus that you get to drag Evgenia’s name through the mud. If Evgenia’s fans came in here and started doing the same to Alina when she has a normal human emotion or reaction (I don’t know like maybe unfollowing Evgenia on socials) you would all lose it, chew us up and report us. This is why most of the Evgenia fans stay in our FF because you have all made this a very unwelcome space, and when there is conversation to be had that can be used to drag her you can bet the same users every time are partaking in what the Twitter stans like to call ‘cancel culture’.

Alina unfollowed a lot of skaters that day, Trusova, Alena Kostornaya and Kanysheva too and many more from her team, so I wouldn't put it as something sinister.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Alina unfollowed a lot of skaters that day, Trusova, Alena Kostornaya and Kanysheva too and many more from her team, so I wouldn't put it as something sinister.
No but the thing is it was again discussed in this forum and most were again on Alinas side if I remember correctly. But if zhenya fans would have come here and said things about alina the majority in her would loose it and report us. But alina fans are allowed to bad talk zhenya in here? And we are supposed to just say nothing? How is this fair ?

Finley

Record Breaker
ok, I am sorry but I as a zhenya fan feel that thisforum about Russian lady's more anti zhenya than anything else. That is my honest opinion of this forum. And its sad because Russia has more ladies than alina, or even 3a , there is almost nothing in here about zhenya anyways so I do not mention her

Sometimes I feel the exact same way. Except that I perceive this thread more anti Alina. I guess that is my fan bias speaking. I appreciate you accepting my apology.

Honestly, I know that Zhenya and her fans have been through a lot of negativity. The thing Zhenya fans and Alina fans have in common is one of the one things that is the most divisive between them.

It's hard for me to hold back from defending Alina when I think she is being criticized unfairly or picked on. All I can say is that I will make an effort not to add to the negativity on this forum against any skater.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Sometimes I feel the exact same way. Except that I perceive this thread more anti Alina. I guess that is my fan bias speaking. I appreciate you accepting my apology.

Honestly, I know that Zhenya and her fans have been through a lot of negativity. The thing Zhenya fans and Alina fans have in common is one of the one things that is the most divisive between them.

It's hard for me to hold back from defending Alina when I think she is being criticized unfairly or picked on. All I can say is that I will make an effort not to add to the negativity on this forum against any skater.
Mabye its because most of us zhenya fans stopped posting about zhenya in here, so now most of the times it is about alina that you feel this way? It could be one reason doesn't have to be but it could.thats why I said that anyone discussing this thing about the ex should be in a separate thread , and let's talk in here about the other Russian skates beside alina or 3a , as I said zhenya isn't mentioned much in here at all anymore

Finley

Record Breaker
There you go again proving my point! :laugh:
Again you find the one thing in my comment that you can use to insult Evgenia and defend Alina. I used it as an example where Evgenia’s fans didn’t come here to tear down Alina, because honestly we don’t care. But go off.

If you don't want me to respond to something you post you probably shouldn't post it. You brought it up. At this point is it really an insult to acknowledge that it was either a smart move on Alina's fault to unfollow her or a very happy coincidence given recent developments?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
No but the thing is it was again discussed in this forum and most were again on Alinas side if I remember correctly.

Well, but she didn't do anything wrong besides announcing her music, how could people be against her?
Evgenia doing those posts and liking shady comments, thus encouraging her massive following to keep attacking Alina and Daniil is not quite an admirable behavior no matter how you put it.
She can be upset and think it was something personal, and she has every right to do so, but going further and helping people to rain in on someone because of a song choice is not very nice.
I don't know how else people should be reacting to that.

I certainly never wished her to fail, and I don't wish anything bad on this girl. I admire her work ethic and determination. This was quite a poor choice from her though.

I certainly don't see people defending her, more like people attacking Daniil and Alina for deliberately stealing or provoking something, and this doesn't count as "defending someone", it's attacking, (and by the way, imo it's completely unjustified.) and what people are reacting to are those comments.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
:palmf:
This forum allows you to ignore users, but unfortunately does not allow you to ignore some topics of conversations. Gentlemen, if the thread Med - Zagi-Tutberidze - endless drama is will created, will you go there?

madison

Record Breaker
I don't think that team did anything "provocative" or was doing anything provocative throughout the year, not everything is about Evgenia.
I'm sorry, but so far all those digs from Evgenia's fans are nothing more than tin foil hat conspiracies.
It takes to be a die hard fan of hers to know her every move, and not everyone has time for that. The world doesn't revolve around her.

I also think it's not right to be excusing anyone because of their age. I understand where she came from, I don't think it's an okay thing to do.
She perfectly understands how much power she has, and by encouraging her fans' behavior to bully Alina on her birthday, she's doing something very very wrong. It's not okay no matter how you feel to encourage people to attack someone else.

If Madison is choosing to accuse someone of plagiarism, she better prove it with better examples, because Danse Macarbre is a warhorse that has been used by many for decades, and by the way, Voronov trained under Eteri when he got that program. So they didn't "copy others' ideas", it was their idea to begin with.
Accusing someone of stealing Danse Macabre (stealing from themselves as well lol), is like accusing someone of stealing Carmen.

This is Voronov's program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plGBQCd39wQ&t=158s
It is not the fact that they use the same music, but the program has the same concept as that announced for Liza T. It is true that Voronov was coached by Eteri at that time, but the choreo was done by Zhulin.

Finley

Record Breaker
Mabye its because most of us zhenya fans stopped posting about zhenya in here, so now most of the times it is about alina that you feel this way? It could be one reason doesn't have to be but it could.thats why I said that anyone discussing this thing about the ex should be in a separate thread , and let's talk in here about the other Russian skates beside alina or 3a , as I said zhenya isn't mentioned much in here at all anymore

I think you are right about a separate thread. There are times I have wanted to start threads to discuss things but I guess I'm just waiting for someone else to do it.

colormyworld240

Medalist
You are all doing it again! I said we didn’t come here to tear her down because we didn’t care. Why can’t Alina fans share some of that consideration and respect for the other skater? Nobody said anything was sinister or anything of the sort. That was all you. Stop writing a false narrative.

You were equating unfollowing someone to accusing someone of copying you on social media. These are not the same things. Doing what again, exactly?

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Well, but she didn't do anything wrong besides announcing her music, how could people be against her?
Evgenia doing those posts and liking shady comments, thus encouraging her massive following to keep attacking Alina and Daniil is not quite an admirable behavior no matter how you put it.
She can be upset and think it was something personal, and she has every right to do so, but going further and helping people to rain in on someone because of a song choice is not very nice.
I don't know how else people should be reacting to that.

I certainly never wished her to fail, and I don't wish anything bad on this girl. I admire her work ethic and determination. This was quite a poor choice from her though.

I certainly don't see people defending her, more like people attacking Daniil and Alina for deliberately stealing or provoking something, and this doesn't count as "defending someone", it's attacking, (and by the way, imo it's completely unjustified.) and what people are reacting to are those comments.
In my comment I meant the thing with alina unfollowing zhenya. Not this now ...