2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 710 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I don't know any official ones but the order is (* still need to skate NHK Trophy)
1. Alexandra Trusova (30)
2. Anna Scherbakova (30)
3. Bradie Tennell (22)
4. Satoko Miyahara (22)
5. Mariah Bell (22)
6. Elizabta Tusktamysheva (22)
7. Evgenia Medvedeva (20)
8. Young You (20)
9. Kaori Sakamoto (18)
10. Alena Kosternaia (15)*
11. Alina Zagitova (13)*

Unless something unexpected happen, all three top ladies in NHK should qualify to the finals. Alina (and also Rika) even with the 4th place (if their score will be higher than Satoko's), Aliona with the 5th. So it seems that the finals will look this way:
Anna, Sasha, Aliona, Alina, Rika, Bradie

Artemisa

Final Flight
I'm happy for both ... Zhenya weren't lucky in Skate Canada ... but got her redemption .. she looked like her old self but to have a real chance for winning she needs a 4 .. only one ... one means victory

I think maybe not getting in the final is a good think ... she maybe will focus on getting there a quad

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I don't know any official ones but the order is (* still need to skate NHK Trophy)
1. Alexandra Trusova (30)
2. Anna Scherbakova (30)
3. Bradie Tennell (22)
4. Satoko Miyahara (22)
5. Mariah Bell (22)
6. Elizabta Tusktamysheva (22)
7. Evgenia Medvedeva (20)
8. Young You (20)
9. Kaori Sakamoto (18)
10. Alena Kosternaia (15)*
11. Alina Zagitova (13)*

kihira is 11th and Zagitova 12th but otherwise that seems correct. That means that as long as Kostornaia, Kihira and Zagitova all medal next week (highly likely unless someone completely bombs) they will all be in the final regardless of scores :)

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I've seen Sasha better, I think she was a bit 'off' today (Her practice earlier was....not good). I still wonder if she is not feeling well. I much preferred her performance at Russian Test skates, I just don't get why she must do 4 quads.

Basically the 4sal is replacing a 3flip. She might back down from the 4sal once she learns a 3axel. But who knows with Sasha! She really needs the 3axel.

Decoder

On the Ice
As if Aleksandra reads or even cares about these comments. She only listens to her trainers, coaches, parents and closest friends, to keep her circle of attention compact, clean and pure.

ISU shut should comments off like they do with the live chat, for these always turn disgusting too.

But Aleksandra will most likely be disappointed with herself, and needs her trusted trainers, coaches and parents to calm, comfort and reassure her. Going onto social media to 'interact with the fans' has never done any young athlete any good.

Had she not fallen, she could have score 170 or 175, perhaps even a little more with a little home ice advantage?

This applies to the whole Eteri group: all they need to do is to keep a clean and pure training environment consisting of the best coaches, the hard-working skaters, parents and closest friends, like they have been doing for years. Who cares about those losers and whiners.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Reading the comments, we all know from whom the nastiness is coming from :)
But oh well, some things never change, sore losers will remain to be sore losers :)

Are people really saying negative things about Sasha? That's disgusting. I'm not personally a huge fan of Sasha's programs, but at the very minimum I can appreciate her athleticism. She's throwing out FOUR quads when most of her competition is still trying to figure out triples. Say what you will about the judging and her "lack" of artistry, but she deserves every victory with what she's doing.

I really wanted Evgenia to win today (so that she'd qualify into GPF), but there's no denying Sasha. She's one of the grittiest athletes out there, and I have nothing but respect for what she's been able to accomplish thus far.

The 4S and 3Lz+3Lo seem to be really bothering her though. If she repeats a skate like this at GPF, Alena and Anna could really sneak in for a win :eeking:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I've seen Sasha better, I think she was a bit 'off' today (Her practice earlier was....not good). I still wonder if she is not feeling well. I much preferred her performance at Russian Test skates, I just don't get why she must do 4 quads.

And of course, criticism of her lack of artistry is fair. BUT, on social media, more of it seems to be Green Eyed Monsterism. Mommy and Daddy have just about mortgaged the home to keep Little Snowflake on the ice. Before Trusova, there was every possibility that Little Snowflake would be an Olympian one day. Little Snowflake can land every triple (let's assume). But then Trusova came along and changed the game. Now all that money and all that time spent investing in the figure skating career of Little Snowflake is down the drain, and the 'Trusovas' and 'Alysa Lius' are the girls at the top. When you think about it, Trusova has destroyed the dreams of many skaters-world wide. So just like Alysa Liu, there is going to be antipathy-probably more on the part of the parents than other skaters.

Karty, Sashas senior career needs to encompass the 2022 and 2026 Olympic cycles. No way should she be doing four quads at every event. It's pointless. I'm not saying an event like this was meaningless but it's not the Grand Prix final or Nationals or worlds. She is beating herself up more than she needs to. She can win almost any competition we just three quads maybe even two. I hope her parents are on top of things.

skatenewbie

Medalist
i think Sasha may take out the 4S if she falls again, its more worth to do clean 3F instead of 4S< fall, but she could try until she landed it like her first junior season though, seeing how she's so determined as a person

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Karty, Sashas senior career needs to encompass the 2022 and 2026 Olympic cycles. No way should she be doing four quads at every event. It's pointless. I'm not saying an event like this was meaningless but it's not the Grand Prix final or Nationals or worlds. She is beating herself up more than she needs to. She can win almost any competition we just three quads maybe even two. I hope her parents are on top of things.

While this is true, and I kind of hope she does go back to three quads for bigger competitions this year (no matter how gorgeous her 4S is when she lands it :( ), Sasha has proved me wrong in the past. I remember at her first Junior Worlds, I saw the planned content of two quads and I thought she and her coaches must be crazy to put two in before she had landed a clean one internationally. And then of course, she landed them both and set all of those records and made history. She could've easily won the competition with one quad, but that was not the course she took. Last season, she probably could've gone cleaner in a lot more comps if she'd just gone for a one or two quad layout. But by practicing the three quad layout in a lot of junior competitions, she got it down for her senior ones. The same thing applies now; three clean quads will win her any comp, but maybe she's practicing getting the 4 quad layout down for the Olympic season. You don't want to be experimenting with anything then - and who knows how many quads Kamila, Alysa, Anna, Rika, etc. will be doing by then. Sasha and her team are playing the long game.

That being said, 3 quads will win her every competition this season if she does them cleanly, and so far the 4lz and 4ts have been great. She has to find the right balance of preparing for the future and winning now. If she has two falls like she did today, the scores say that a clean Alyona would win (don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind her winning though, I just wish there were a way for them to all simultaneously win). And thats using the scores from stingy GP of France. Alyona has shown that she can score a 160, and has the potential to score into the 80s for a short program. If Alyona is clean, Trusova will have to be on her A game to win. Thats why I hope she goes back to the 3 quad layout at least for Worlds and maybe GPF. Then maybe use RusNats and Euros to practice the harder 4 quad layout at.

karina17

Final Flight
People can no longer say that the young girls are ruining FS viewership, or that people don't want to see quads in ladies, etc, because:

1) Anna Shcherbakova's Skate America FS now has one million views on the ISU channel. This is a geoblocked video that isn't viewable in countries that have bought rights to figure skating. Anna's free is the only video on the ISU channel to reach 1M views, with the next most views being a video of Mao and Yuzuru talking about Sochi (336k), and after that is Yuzuru's Skate Canada free skate at 265k. This is her GP debut and it has four times as many views as the most famous face of the sport. In comparison to the other ladies on the podium at that same event, Bradie Tennell and Liza Tuktamysheva have 6k and 14k views each.

2) The second most viewed video in the ladies' category is Sasha Trusova's Skate Canada free skate, in which she delivers three quads. (158k views - in comparison to the other podium ladies at Skate Canada, Rika and You Young have 20k each.) And guess who the third most viewed ladies' skate belongs to?

3) Alyona Kostornaya has the third most viewed ladies' video on the channel (IDF free skate, 64k views). The podium ladies at that event, Alina and Mariah, have 30k and 11k views each.

The 3A girls having the most views on the official ISU channel after such a long onslaught about wanting to raise the minimum age "for viewership!!!" is quite hilarious. Because, even though popularity isn't everything, and shouldn't be part of how athletes are scored, the views speak for themselves and show that people don't just want to see these girls skate - they want to see these girls skate more than they want to see any other lady on the channel skate. So is there really any argument for "newer ladies ruining viewership" after this? I doubt it.

(Side note: I'm geoblocked from the Russian and American uploads of these videos, but from the little I know, the 3A girls do pretty well on those uploads too.)

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I don't know who sore losers are, but they surely are not Zhenya fans, and you would not be importing fan wars from somewhere else, would you?

Such a kidder you are:laugh:

Why so defensive? nusscacker wasn't by any means generalizing Zhenya fans as sore losers. They were saying the people commenting vile things on Trusova's videos are sore losers. No one is trying to start fan wars, just trying to condemn unnecessary cruelness towards a 15 year old

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
New Interview with Orser in Sport Express Newspaper

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...oy-na-chempionat-rossii-1611544/?daysBefore=7

- What goals will you set for yourself and Eugenia at the championship of Russia?

“We will just continue what we do.” I would be glad to see the same skating from Zhenya in Krasnoyarsk as here - in short and free programs. It would be wonderful, and most importantly - it is in our power.

Of course, it would be nice if she could immediately get to the national team, and we would not have to try to qualify through any other tournament, as it was last season. Although it is wonderful, she got a second chance and took advantage of it. But I do not think that we will be aiming at any particular place.

It seems that 3A ( Aleksandr Lakernik, Aleksandr Kogan and Aleksandr Gorshkov) are preparing a new scandal.

There will be something to talk about))))))

Fluture

Record Breaker
Does anyone have a link to the medal ceremony? The one from 1tv curiously enough doesn’t work even with a VPN for me.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Aleksandra looking fit again, singing along as always to the national anthem

halulupu

Final Flight
New Interview with Orser in Sport Express Newspaper

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...oy-na-chempionat-rossii-1611544/?daysBefore=7

- What goals will you set for yourself and Eugenia at the championship of Russia?

“We will just continue what we do.” I would be glad to see the same skating from Zhenya in Krasnoyarsk as here - in short and free programs. It would be wonderful, and most importantly - it is in our power.

Of course, it would be nice if she could immediately get to the national team, and we would not have to try to qualify through any other tournament, as it was last season. Although it is wonderful, she got a second chance and took advantage of it. But I do not think that we will be aiming at any particular place.

It seems that 3A ( Aleksandr Lakernik, Aleksandr Kogan and Aleksandr Gorshkov) are preparing a new scandal.

There will be something to talk about))))))

they will probably send anna to junior wolrd championships and replace her with Alina or Zhenya depending who is better in form before worlds