2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 72 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Seruleane

Final Flight
You do know that statement was not only meant for you but more or less to the entire forum her. Who have bad talked zhenya more than once? Heavily and when we zhenya fans protected her we were shot at too? I still remember how many here wished her to fail simply because zhenya dared to leave eteri, I remember how she was again talked badly about in here when she was choose for the world team, how many people wished for her to fail for her to be the reason Russia would loose the third spot for next year. And this user said is right , mabye not pertaining to you but to others in this forum
Zhenya may have lost some fans as a result of leaving Eteri, but she gained many more fans for moving to Brian. Lots of people (including posters here) have praised her for daring to move and improve her skating skills, expand her repertoire, etc so I don’t know why you are always focusing on the negative. You guys like to accuse Alina’s fans of always portraying her as the victim, but don’t you realize you guys do the same thing to Zhenya?

Finley

Record Breaker
:palmf:
This forum allows you to ignore users, but unfortunately does not allow you to ignore some topics of conversations. Gentlemen, if the thread Med - Zagi-Tutberidze - endless drama is will created, will you go there?

If you build it, they will come.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
This is Voronov's program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plGBQCd39wQ&t=158s
It is not the fact that they use the same music, but the program has the same concept as that announced for Liza T. It is true that Voronov was coached by Eteri at that time, but the choreo was done by Zhulin.

So the idea and program concept still belongs to Eteri, right? Or do you think she took no part in choosing that program?
And as for choreo, we haven't even seen anything yet to be accusing them stealing Zhulin's choreo.

You know what as Evgenia fans we will just leave it there. You are all trying to attack us and her again and I’m done. It would be great if someone could open a forum specifically for this purpose because I don’t think that should be the purpose of the Russian ladies forum and I’m getting a little annoyed about not being able to post anything in here unless it is praising a select few people. :slink:

madison

Record Breaker
So the idea and program concept still belongs to Eteri, right? Or do you think she took no part in choosing that program?
And as for choreo, we haven't even seen anything yet to be accusing them stealing Zhulin's choreo.
No, they belong to Zhulin as he was the choreographer of the program.
And more, Eteri and Daniil copied ideas for Alena's vampire gala and Sasha's Sia program. Both ideas for the programs were first written by the fans.
It is already a pattern for them to do that... probably they call it inspiration from others:biggrin:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Zhenya may have lost some fans as a result of leaving Eteri, but she gained many more fans for moving to Brian. Lots of people (including posters here) have praised her for daring to move and improve her skating skills, expand her repertoire, etc so I don’t know why you are always focusing on the negative. You guys like to accuse Alina’s fans of always portraying her as the victim, but don’t you realize you guys do the same thing to Zhenya?

Sorry, I do not agree. This thread is actually hostile to Evgenia. Someone literally said here she will scream nonstop, etc. at RusFed if Evgenia was even considered as a part of the team for worlds. Evgenia is most definitely NOT a victim; in fact her fans marvel at her strength. But this thread is hostile to her. And stating that does not paint her as a victim.

esteticlove

Final Flight

You are bringing up interesting topic. Is there generally any regulation for the copyrights of the choreography in figure skating? To whom goes the credit at the end? Like every time a skater is about to skate in a competition, there's an exact choreographer named taken from the website of ISU. But when the coach and the choreographer are two different people, which is very very common, what happens if the coach decides to change part of the choreography or generally also contributes to it? Do both names get the credit for it? And does the coach have the rights to "take" those moves/choreo ideas for other programs?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
No, they belong to Zhulin as he was the choreographer of the program.
And more, Eteri and Daniil copied ideas for Alena's vampire gala and Sasha's Sia program. Both ideas for the programs were first written by the fans.
It is already a pattern for them to do that... probably they call it inspiration from others:biggrin:

I can't believe you're serious about this...:slink:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't think they were friends, teammates yes but friends not really at least I don't think so.
Yes they were friends good friends at one point and evgenia was a mentor to Alina. did you see their embrace at the olympics? That was real. yes there is a little distance between them now and they're not as close as they used to be but that's okay that's sports and that's life. their interactions were fine at the world championships in Japan and they will be fine next season. This is not and never will be a plushenko versus Yagudin situation where they truly hated each other's guts and probably still do to this day.

I also don't think Danil would intentionally do anything that would come back onto Alina. He loves her like a little sister and is protective of her. This music controversy is overrated in my opinion. My guess is that Evgenia will find the right music for her exhibition and it will be outstanding as usual.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Yes they were friends good friends at one point and evgenia was a mentor to Alina. did you see their embrace at the olympics? That was real. yes there is a little distance between them now and they're not as close as they used to be but that's okay that's sports and that's life. their interactions were fine at the world championships in Japan and they will be fine next season. This is not and never will be a plushenko versus Yagudin situation where they truly hated each other's guts and probably still do to this day.

I also don't think Danil would intentionally do anything that would come back onto Alina. He loves her like a little sister and is protective of her. This music controversy is overrated in my opinion. My guess is that Evgenia will find the right music for her exhibition and it will be outstanding as usual.
Well alina said before that they are not friends if I remember correctly. Correct me please if I am wrong about this

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
They were never that friendly lol. Both of them have sort of said that they weren't friends, though not hating each other.

I thought this thread might benefit from being closed for a bit, but alas, it didn't.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Not to add fuel to the fire, but did Zhenya ever say she wanted to skate to Bad Guy? No. So should anybody assume so? No. As we’ve discussed before, a skater having a favorite singer and/or song doesn’t mean that they will 100% skate to that singer or song and every other skater has to chose something else. And why do we assume Daniil saw the interview at all? It’s an interview of his former student who left on some bad terms. He probably doesn’t care enough to watch it, and since he’s choreographing for so many kids, he probably doesn’t even have time to watch some interview. And even if he did, that doesn’t mean he was stealing Zhenya’s idea. Billie Eilish is a very popular singer, and Bad Guy is one of her biggest hits, so is it could be a coincidence two people wanted to skate to the same song. Zhenya was being a little petty liking those comments. There have been many times in a season where two skaters used the same music. Zhenya lost the speed battle of announcing music, and if she doesn’t want to suck up her pride and skate to Bad Guy too, she should just choose some new music. Young William Eyelash has so many other similar songs (Copycat, You Should See Me In a Crown, Bellyache) and some really sorrowful ones that Zhenya could really unleash her emotions to (I Love You, idontwannabeyouanymorr, Listen Before I Go).

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
You are bringing up interesting topic. Is there generally any regulation for the copyrights of the choreography in figure skating? To whom goes the credit at the end? Like every time a skater is about to skate in a competition, there's an exact choreographer named taken from the website of ISU. But when the coach and the choreographer are two different people, which is very very common, what happens if the coach decides to change part of the choreography or generally also contributes to it? Do both names get the credit for it? And does the coach have the rights to "take" those moves/choreo ideas for other programs?
That is indeed an interesting question which i would also like to know the answer to

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Wow! What a riveting conversation we are having about Russian ladies skating! You want to blow smoke up someone’s backside you should probably do it in their FF where it belongs. :laugh:
Just an idea. Maybe you can all get back on topic instead of dragging a Russian ladies skater? I’m pretty certain that’s not what this forum is for.

To be honest, as someone who rarely visits this thread, my impression is that it should be renamed, “Don’t you dare criticize Eteri or any of her students especially Alina, and by the way, everything Evgenia does sucks and the 3A will take over the world.”

Reddi

Rinkside
I've said it before that Eteri and Daniil use to copy others' ideas.
But I wonder how they will justify Liza T. short program's choice, on the same music and the same concept used for Voronov short in 2014 ( i checked on Wiki, the choreo was made by Zhulin).

You somehow managed to leave Denis Ten out of this conversation entirely, lol. Danse Macabre was his Sochi Olympic SP. It's fitting that Lisa wants to pay homage to him. Like Hanyu did to Jonny/Plushi last season (with a solid chunk of Otonal being taken straight from the Jonny's Oly's SP nonetheless. Haven't seen any complaints on that though).

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well alina said before that they are not friends if I remember correctly. Correct me please if I am wrong about this

I'll have to look into it but I'm almost to church now.

these girls will be okay Irina and Maria hated each other and obviously plushenko and yagudin hate each other to the max. Not so with Zhenya and Alina. they both have very important season's coming up

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

I actually heard this being discussed somewhere, and I think choreo is something that can't be claimed.
Even when there are very unique/one-of-a-kind moves from dancers that are actually being copied, they can't be copyrighted and there are no legal grounds for that.
The reason is, that bodies can only move a certain amount of ways and people can't be claiming that it's their personal way and restrict others of moving the same way.
As for programs, choreographers are always credited, but afaik, coaches also participate in the program's choreography and change things depending on the skater later on.