2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Georgya

On the Ice
CLIP OF ALINA TRAINING ON 20 MAY https://vk.com/pazagitova?z=video-167495402_456240244/videos-167495402/pl_-167495402_-2

she seems in good shape

SOFIA SAMUDUROVA IS QUITE THE SINGER https://www.instagram.com/p/BxrUs6GiSGu/ and she could be a swan next season, I don't get tired of these programs https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxm5-Capcwd/

Medvedeva dancing and having fun :) https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1129241347955810305 and apparently Brian likes her new SP https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1130535027798892545?s=20

Alena is so good at this https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxmeo4JHdJb/

Maju

On the Ice
In light of the past few pages of this forum. I guess we as much as everyone else have the right to load up Evgenia content into this forum. Evgenia fans come and ignore those who try to bring her down, let’s push back against the normal posting habits of this forum.
So here goes.

It looks like the program is ready and Averbukh is fully behind her, which is music to my ears.
https://tass.ru/sport/6451191

Latest news on possible dresses for the FS. Is it Evgenia’s? We will have to wait and see!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxspUb8nxDh/?hl=es

Also look how good those 3S are still in the off season, they may be getting even bigger. Her spins are looking easier for her too!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxjhIHaoVRP/?igshid=vfy65c85y520
That dress is just fabulous. It does remind me of the sketch that Zhenya put on her story. But Russia has so many champions it’s hard to tell which one 😂

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Hey, I've tried bringing up Liza and Sofia in this thread and all I've got for my trouble is "Ew, Mishin choreography", "Sofia's jumps are tiny" or "Liza can only jump and she's a boring skater anyway."

So, I don't bother any more.

Speaking positively about Alina has nothing to do with negative mentions of other skaters. There were negative posts about Liza or Sofia (definitely not by me or any other Alina fan I'm aware of, however, it is not an argument against positive posts about Alina), but there were also several times more of negative posts about Alina or her team in recent months. But we did not say to ourselves "We don't bother any more", we didn't give up. Long story short, positive posts about Alina are not here because of negative posts about anybody else and doesn't prevent you or other users to post positive things. Also, the simple fact that Alina has numerous fanbase is natural and the fact that she is discussed more than others is also natural, it is not a thing to blame somebody for.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I'm not sure that this is the spot to do it, so if not let me know, but I just need to vent about TSL a little bit. I know they can be petty and catty, but in a world deprived of skating news sources, it can be hard to ignore them.

Anyhow, this has been bothering me about their segments for a while now, but I'm so tired of them talking down about fans of the current crop of up and coming Russian ladies. I have so much respect for skaters of generations past, but I'm so tired of listening to them go on and on about how no one is like Michelle or Kristi or Tonya these days as if their skating is the only skating that is valid. They are all incredibly talented women, but we're in a new generation now that is pushing towards different goals. Its awfully elitist of them to talk down about "all the young fans on skating forums who are gushing about Kostornaya's new free skate music (which they bashed ad nauseam)" [emoji849]

omg ikr! Not to get too negative in here, I thought the bashing of Alena's music was so strange... I don't see how that music is so terrible.. I can kind of see not loving it, but its not like there's anything bad/cheesy about it (I myself absolutely love the music). I'm sure if it were someone from any other rink they would be saying what a nice choice it is. I wish there were more prominent youtube skating shows/podcasts.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm not sure that this is the spot to do it, so if not let me know, but I just need to vent about TSL a little bit. I know they can be petty and catty, but in a world deprived of skating news sources, it can be hard to ignore them.

Anyhow, this has been bothering me about their segments for a while now, but I'm so tired of them talking down about fans of the current crop of up and coming Russian ladies. I have so much respect for skaters of generations past, but I'm so tired of listening to them go on and on about how no one is like Michelle or Kristi or Tonya these days as if their skating is the only skating that is valid. They are all incredibly talented women, but we're in a new generation now that is pushing towards different goals. Its awfully elitist of them to talk down about "all the young fans on skating forums who are gushing about Kostornaya's new free skate music (which they bashed ad nauseam)" [emoji849]

I personally think that fans of different russian ladies, whatever they may think about each other, could be easily united against TSL :devil:

zounger

Medalist
Hey, I've tried bringing up Liza and Sofia in this thread and all I've got for my trouble is "Ew, Mishin choreography", "Sofia's jumps are tiny" or "Liza can only jump and she's a boring skater anyway."

So, I don't bother any more.

I like Liza a lot and Sofia and never complained about "Mishin" choreography, which also I like. And anyway if everyone is doing the same, it will be boring.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Speaking positively about Alina has nothing to do with negative mentions of other skaters. There were negative posts about Liza or Sofia (definitely not by me or any other Alina fan I'm aware of, however, it is not an argument against positive posts about Alina), but there were also several times more of negative posts about Alina or her team in recent months. But we did not say to ourselves "We don't bother any more", we didn't give up. Long story short, positive posts about Alina are not here because of negative posts about anybody else and doesn't prevent you or other users to post positive things. Also, the simple fact that Alina has numerous fanbase is natural and the fact that she is discussed more than others is also natural, it is not a thing to blame somebody for.

Well, my comment wasn't in regards to Alina. Just more in terms of even if someone does mention other skaters who aren't Zhenya, Alina and the 3A either no-one responds or they respond negatively. It's a bit awkward to pop up in a thread to say something like "Hey what did you guys think of Sofia or Liza's instagram post or music choice" every couple of days and get no response whatsoever, or even worse get to hear again about all their negatives.

Like, does anyone actually care about what Liza and Sofia are planning for this season's programs? I certainly am, but I think most people in this thread couldn't care less.

zounger

Medalist
Like, does anyone actually care about what Liza and Sofia are planning for this season's programs? I certainly am, but I think most people in this thread couldn't care less.

I would like something dark, powerful and epic for Liza like the Carmina burana program. Specially if she plans to add two 3As in her FS. For short program something new, something she hasn't done before, but don't know what yet. I have to give it a thought.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well, my comment wasn't in regards to Alina. Just more in terms of even if someone does mention other skaters who aren't Zhenya, Alina and the 3A either no-one responds or they respond negatively. It's a bit awkward to pop up in a thread to say something like "Hey what did you guys think of Sofia or Liza's instagram post or music choice" every couple of days and get no response whatsoever, or even worse get to hear again about all their negatives.

As for me, I've expressed my delight with Liza's great comeback. I was also upset about her illness that prevent her from attending the rusnats and probably representation of Russian on Europeans and Worlds. I also said I liked her FS at the russian cup, even when was worrying that some people may take it as an offence to other skaters, which was definitely not the case.

As for the choero, it is true that choreo of Mishin's girls is not exactly my taste and I mostly enjoy programs of Eteri's girls more*, but that is nothing more than personal taste and doesn't mean for me that it is bad (also just how it was stated if everybody would do the same, it would be boring). If there are voices that propose some changes, I think it is not due to some hate, it is simply in order to keep his girls competitive. But I consider Mishin a professional, which I'm not, and he has his own ideas about how program should be put together. He surely knows what he's doing and the fact that he was taking part in e. g. Carolina's trainings speaks for itself.

*On the other hand, I really liked Sofia's SP this season and while I wasn't too friendly with Liza's programs at first, I must say that through the season it was more and more enjoyable.

About this season, I am of course curious about Sofia's and Liza's programs and about how they will fight for their spots, I don't think they have no chance.

Resa

On the Ice
I would like something dark, powerful and epic for Liza like the Carmina burana program. Specially if she plans to add two 3As in her FS. For short program something new, something she hasn't done before, but don't know what yet. I have to give it a thought.
My favourite SP from Liza is still her 2011/12 Adios Nonino one. I loved it! I hope she will do something like this again :D

PekkaRink

Rinkside
In light of the past few pages of this forum. I guess we as much as everyone else have the right to load up Evgenia content into this forum. Evgenia fans come and ignore those who try to bring her down, let’s push back against the normal posting habits of this forum.
So here goes.

It looks like the program is ready and Averbukh is fully behind her, which is music to my ears.

Latest news on possible dresses for the FS. Is it Evgenia’s? We will have to wait and see!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxspUb8nxDh/?hl=es

Also look how good those 3S are still in the off season, they may be getting even bigger. Her spins are looking easier for her too!

No one said you don’t have the right to upload content. Also, this isn’t war, so what’s all the talk about come and ignore and push back? Sorry, but your introduction sounds overly dramatic to me and creates negativity, basically you accuse regulars in this threads of being Anti-Zhenya or whatever. As someone else mentioned before, if you feel you cannot post Zhenya content because everyone in here is allegedly a hater, report to the mods.

On topic: her 3S looks great and I am also impressed by her increased flexibility! I don’t think I’ve ever seen her spins look like that before. I think there’s a lot of potential for next season, now that the adjustment period etc is over.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
I love Liza and Sofia, especially Liza with her powerful comeback story and incredible self-confidence but, yes, the programs look as from the previous century. If I am critical, it is only because I don‘t want them to be held back by the choreo. It seems to me much easier to update the choreo than to master the perfect lutz and the triple axel, so I think it is a pity that Mishin doesn‘t invest a different type of effort in the choreo.

But it seems that he is just convinced in this type of programs. I was shocked to learn that actually Averbuh made one of Sofia‘s programs (the FS, I think), while Liza has worked with Lambiel in the past. You couldn‘t tell that they have been working with top choreographers. At the end, the professor probably removes everything that he views unnecessary...

Of course, he may be right. Maybe that approach leads to the incredible consistency and the textbook jump technique. After all, when this season both Evgenia and Alina had their crisis of confidence, Sofia and Liza were solid as a rock and dependable to save the day. If it wasn‘t for the pneumonia, I guess both of them would have gone to Europeans and Worlds, even without all the bells and whistles of modern choreo.

I really can‘t wait to see the programs next year. Recently saw that Rika has included 4s, 3A+2T and a 3A in her free skate. It seems that everyone will be going for maximum difficulty, because everyone knows that the tiny boss is coming on a dragon! So, Mishin‘s camp has to go for the maximum in both TES and PCS ss well. It is definitely going to be a very interesting season.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Yeah, but why post if no-one else cares? They are favourites, but if others don't (and it's a matter of taste or Mishin choreography), why would I want to? I don't want to have to defend them and get upset and angry in the end because I can't change people's taste or even get them to admit other people might enjoy a different style. It happened with T/M and it's draining.

Besides from what I hear the 3A are coming and everyone else might as well give up.
That's the thing I dislike the most here. So downgrading and unecessary behavior, that's mainly why I don't post here at all.

I lurk in this thread from time to time and unfortunately have similar opinion. There's no point in mentioning some skaters because nobody will respond or the response is negative - and I do understand that everyone like different skaters but the actual problem is that the response is usually not just normal opinions, even if negative, but outright rude and pejorative. That's why some posters won't start any discussion on any other skater than Alina or the 3A or maybe Zhenya. Oh and God forbid you say something critical of the ET group, then you'd be swarmed by negativity and rude responses often bashing other skaters to add to it.

But anyway, going back to the actual thread, while I do like both Sofia and Liza I have to say I really didn't like Liza's programs this year :( like none of them, including the ex :( Sofia's I could stand, but Liza's were a lost cause for me, but that's just a matter of personal taste, nothing against Mishin's choreo or the skater's doing everything and more to sell the programs :)

Liza has one particular spin position I have to say I just plainly hate. Why nobody told her that this is just not looking good??? She is a good spinner, she can hit nice positions, always getting her levels but this is just not okay Papa Mishin :dev2: : https://youtu.be/OUwhg1x1KW8?t=253

voolfee

On the Ice
So here goes.

So, this isn't Fan Fest and we can all write the truth, not just positive. Then get it if you want.
Averbukh? She wanted to change, but she returns to her old choreographer? :palmf:
I don't see anything special about this 3S and only one position in this spin says nothing.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
It makes me so happy that even though they split, Masha is still saying happy birthday to Elena Buyanova. Very mature and respectful.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
So, this isn't Fan Fest and we can all write the truth, not just positive. Then get it if you want.
Averbukh? She wanted to change, but she returns to her old choreographer? :palmf:
I don't see anything special about this 3S and only one position in this spin says nothing.
And why can't she have one programm choreographed by her old choreographer and the other programm by another ? She is deciding this for herself, who she wants as a choreographer. And I love that she has this freedom now . Her 3 s looks amazing , don't forget that she could not jump for weeks either.

Fluture

Record Breaker

You know, making a change doesn‘t necessarily mean you have to cut all the people of your old life from it. That‘s a pretty simple way of looking at it.

What Evgenia wanted was more freedom in choosing her choreographer and style of her skating. She got that. And her FS will not be made by Averbukh anyway, just the SP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxW7vYzhi8h/?igshid=tmg0ldra4uhm

Here are some combos she‘s been practicing in her shows. You can decide yourself whether those “say anything“ or not. Personally, I think they look great, especially since she was injured again and seems to have recovered. She‘s even back to practicing her loop combos.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
You know, making a change doesn‘t necessarily mean you have to cut all the people of your old life from it. That‘s a pretty simple way of looking at it.

What Evgenia wanted was more freedom in choosing her choreographer and style of her skating. She got that. And her FS will not be made by Averbukh anyway, just the SP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxW7vYzhi8h/?igshid=tmg0ldra4uhm

Here are some combos she‘s been practicing in her shows. You can decide yourself whether those “say anything“ or not. Personally, I think they look great, especially since she was injured again and seems to have recovered. She‘s even back to practicing her loop combos.

Hope she includes a 3F+3Lo this season! We already saw her practicing a 3Lz+3Lo for the Nike campaign.

About Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. Wasn't it announced that Averbukh will do her programs this season? Or did I mix something up? I am looking forward to see what Averbukh can create together with her, what stories she will create. Although maybe Mishin will mishinize the choreo again :laugh2: and will we see the 3A's in the FS this season? :) would be interesting to see

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
And why can't she have one programm choreographed by her old choreographer and the other programm by another ? She is deciding this for herself, who she wants as a choreographer. And I love that she has this freedom now . Her 3 s looks amazing , don't forget that she could not jump for weeks either.

I think her Memoirs are choreo'd by Misha Ge, aren't they? I might have gotten that wrong, so I am not sure.
If that's the case, Misha doesn't strike me as vastly different choreographer, to me he's like Averbukh of a lesser quality. (Sorry Misha fans, I'm just not a big fan of his work, that's not a personal attack at Misha's fans, that's just my opinion.)

But in a way, if it's Misha and Averbukh, I kind of do feel like she's going back to her old style of programs, and I think music choice is although a little different from her past content, it doesn't strike me as a major change from her previous content.
Maybe she felt like, doing something drastically different like OCS is too much of a big change, and she is still not ready for those changes yet.
I think she should enjoy her programs, and that's first and foremost. But at the same time, I feel like now is the right time to be experimenting, when there's still 2 seasons left till Olympic season.
I can't help but feel like not much has changed from the past, and maybe after drastic changes she felt like stepping away from her regular programs is impossible and now she's afraid of changes? I don't know

and in that light Orser's comments about Averbukh's choreography for Evgenia seem a little off.
Orser as far as I remember said that Evgenia never had this luxury of saying anything when it came to her programs.
And Averbukh actually said that it's not true at all and as Evgenia's choreographer of 4 years he knows firsthand that Evgenia was always given a voice in making of her own programs and her opinion was always accounted for. He also felt disrespected by Orser's words and felt like Orser was rounding up russians to be robots, while westerners are somehow more "free".
I feel like this partnership is going to be tad awkward, especially after what Orser was saying about Averbukh.
But Averbukh is known to quickly switch opinions, so who knows =)