2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 823 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
It may be best for Eteri not to comment. Alina is loved in Russia, as Medvedeva was- and starting to lose consistently to the younger technically superior skaters, just as Medvedeva lost to Alina. When Eteri (according to some posts) tried to shield Medvedeva from bad press or hurt feelings some saw it as hurtful towards Alina. Maybe Eteri learned from that and will not say anything publicly.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I know you doesn't care about ladies much, so it is possible you didn't read everything in this thread within the last few days. So, my advise would be to re-read RLT and you will have your answers. But it's nothing new, it's the same everytime somebody (esp. from a particular team) doesn't skate as well as expected.

But if we come to an agreement that it's not such a big deal when thing like this happens, because every competition is a new competition, then I think it's good.

As for Kiira and others triggered by what Eteri's sister claimed, first, what a drunken sibling of a coach, who already had some disagreements about some words with this coach, claims, is not relevant (esp. when it was already taken back, at least partially). Relevant is what team says and the team said nothing in this sense. And second, two of the two finnish ladies capable of competing internationally are out of the game again, because of injuries. As we say, "everybody should clean before his own sill."

You know sometimes I'm glad I'm not on top of things as you are and don't know exactly what's going on and what's been said and all the drama. I just don't want to see the reigning Olympic and World Champion getting dumped on in any way shape or form. If Eteri and Alina part ways at some point I hope it's on a positive note. If it's not on a positive note I'm pretty sure I will know who to blame. ;)

Scott512

Record Breaker
It may be best for Eteri not to comment. Alina is loved in Russia, as Medvedeva was- and starting to lose consistently to the younger technically superior skaters, just as Medvedeva lost to Alina. When Eteri (according to some posts) tried to shield Medvedeva from bad press or hurt feelings some saw it as hurtful towards Alina. Maybe Eteri learned from that and will not say anything publicly.

Hmmmm. Hmmmm. Hmmmm. Interesting. Agreed.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
According to Gorshkov, Alina has a hip injury?? :eek:
https://rsport.ria.ru/20191211/1562281945.html

At least that's what GoogleTranslate is telling me...?
If this is true, I really hope the injury isn't serious!!! :pray:

That would make sense with the pictures we saw of her bleeding near the hip :(. Poor girl, people are talking about her "technique going" when clearly she was suffering from an injury she got on the double axel. Her practices were clean, it was nerves (understandable) and the injury on the second jump that caused this routine. I hope that they were just being cautious by withdrawing her from the gala and that we'll get to see Me Voy and Cleopatra at Nationals. Although of course I wouldn't want her to unnecessarily push through an injury.

Bentley

Rinkside
According to Gorshkov, Alina has a hip injury?? :eek:
https://rsport.ria.ru/20191211/1562281945.html

At least that's what GoogleTranslate is telling me...?
If this is true, I really hope the injury isn't serious!!! :pray:

I was wondering about that. As I stated elsewhere, I thought it was strange how she was beating on her hip before she went out to state. I had never seen her do that before. It also would explain why she kept falling on her jumps. I sure hope it is not serious as I really enjoy her skating. But then it would not surpirse me either as quite a few before her have had to have hip surgery from injuries because of all the jumping.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Before we demand Eteri to denounce her sister, I think we need to know what did she really say. Her statement was general, unless comment she answered to was about Alina and not for example asking why Eteri's Girls Fail after growing up or questioning Eteri's ability to coach adults or something like it, it isn't exactly about insulting Alina but defending her sister (well, it backfired badly but, no disrespect intended but that woman doesn't seem to be very bright)

Anyway I agree that Eteri needs to say something about this whole situation (which her sister sure didn't make better) but that is the way she is, she rarely says something. In Georgia they say that Silence is gold, most of the times it is true, but not always.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Before we demand Eteri to denounce her sister, I think we need to know what did she really say. Her statement was general, unless comment she answered to was about Alina and not for example asking why Eteri's Girls Fail after growing up or questioning Eteri's ability to coach adults or something like it, it isn't exactly about insulting Alina but defending her sister (well, it backfired badly but, no disrespect intended but that woman doesn't seem to be very bright)

Anyway I agree that Eteri needs to say something about this whole situation (which her sister sure didn't make better) but that is the way she is, she rarely says something. In Georgia they say that Silence is gold, most of the times it is true, but not always.

We say this too. And I don't think it would help anyway to make "family bussiness" public. This time I agree with this:

People should realize that thw way is not to become a part of virtual storm and BS. When you start to react on BS even in good intention, you will inevitably fall down on the same level and you somehow justify some claims when taking them to debate. And Eteri, just like any other coach, has much more serious things to do than spending days on social networks and trying to do PR or following orders from fans "you should say this or that". The fact that something is not on twitter or insta doesn't mean it is not in the world.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Should Alena's parents promise a horse for her if she will win Worlds?

We say this too. And I don't think it would help anyway to make "family bussiness" public. This time I agree with this:

People should realize that thw way is not to become a part of virtual storm and BS. When you start to react on BS even in good intention, you will inevitably fall down on the same level and you somehow justify some claims when taking them to debate. And Eteri, just like any other coach, has much more serious things to do than spending days on social networks and trying to do PR or following orders from fans "you should say this or that". The fact that something is not on twitter or insta doesn't mean it is not in the world.

Exactly this. The truth is, the only communication that matters is that between the athlete and their coach/team. What Eteri's sister said was in terrible taste, and I don't approve, but it is not relevant, and the fans that blew it up by inserting themselves into the discussion are also, regardless of their "good intentions", irrelevant. This is especially true when someone sees each other as often as Eteri does her top skaters.

ruga

Final Flight
i figured it had to be something...just hope it's not serious! i guess there is a possibility we wont see her at RusNats :(
But if Alina skips Nationals, does she have a chance to make the team? The only exception I remember was when Evgenia was included in the Euros team during Olympic season, but at that time she was no less than #2. The only possibility is if someone who gets sent to Euros misses the podium or just has a low result and RusFed has a skate-off at Cup Final. But RusFed could as well choose #4 or #5 finisher instead.

macy

Record Breaker
But if Alina skips Nationals, does she have a chance to make the team? The only exception I remember was when Evgenia was included in the Euros team during Olympic season, but at that time she was no less than #2. The only possibility is if someone who gets sent to Euros misses the podium or just has a low result and RusFed has a skate-off at Cup Final. But RusFed could as well choose #4 or #5 finisher instead.

i don't think so, not if 3A take the top spots at nationals. it was posted in Aliona's FF she may have a small tweak/injury to her tibia, but there isn't much more info available on whether it's a real injury or just something that is bothering her. i really really hope not.