2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 962 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Decoder

On the Ice
So far the ice condition looks fine enough. I haven‘t seen any of the guys in the first two groups struggling with it. Unless the situation changes drastically, I really don‘t get why there‘s so much panic in here.

It's not panic. People are just not happy with the organization and have some concerns. But we (at least I) believe in what you have reported and wish for a good Euro 2020. So don't feel offended. Waiting for your live report! :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
It's not panic. People are just not happy with the organization and have some concerns. But we (at least I) believe in what you have reported and wish for a good Euro 2020. So don't feel offended. Waiting for your live report! :)

Well, there were comments saying Trusova and Shcherbakova should not jump quads at all. Which would be their choice of course, but I see no reason why they shouldn‘t unless the ice really gets worse until Saturday. I‘m not at the rink yet but some others on this forum are and they say the ice looks normal. I‘ll leave tomorrow and tell you.

I‘m not offended by your comment at all, believe me, I‘m not happy with the organization either. Especially not with the fact that the original venue wasn‘t available because of some competition of the hockey team. That‘s just.. bad. :palmf: So, yes, I‘m concerned as well. And I‘m the one who‘ll have to make their way through this potato field to the rink too. :laugh:

But in all seriousness, I don‘t see any dangers to the athletes, a different venue was set up (which looks ugly but is normally used for concerts or galas), the ice looks alright and they have the space and areas they need to warm-up. So, unless something happens (which I hope it won‘t!!) I believe that the skaters will be fine. :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

According to Tomáš Verner, who is there with Matyáš Bělohradský: "The conditions here are not exactly good, we are in some kind of a provisional hall, but the ice quality is satisfying."

So we should be happy at least for that.

Decoder

On the Ice
According to Tomáš Verner, who is there with Matyáš Bělohradský: "The conditions here are not exactly good, we are in some kind of a provisionary hall, but the ice quality is satisfying."

So we should be happy at least for that.

:thumbsup:

NaVi

Medalist
For the past couple years, I would go to fskate.ru to figure out when the qualifying events where for (what google translate called) the Zhuk memorial nationals and the Zonal nationals. ...

* January 21-24: Zonal qualifier for Ural Federal District, Volga Federal District https://tulup.ru/competitions/667/

Anyone have a scoreboard for this? I found a schedule here: https://www.kirov.kp.ru/online/news/3739564/

The Winged Blades of Sankt Peterburg have their own calendar: http://fskating.spb.ru/calendar , January 20-25 Cup of Sankt Peterburg Younger Age, February 26-28 Older Age.

And a scoreboard for this event too?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
There will probably be a Russian Top 6 sweep. Kurakova, Safonova and Ryabova will see to that.

Is there any more ex-Russians in the Ladies event?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
There will probably be a Russian Top 6 sweep. Kurakova, Safonova and Ryabova will see to that.

Is there any more ex-Russians in the Ladies event?

Anastasia Galustyan, even if she never represented Russia internationally.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist

RusFed should let their skaters be outsourced officially - and WC 20xx winner could be Masha Petrova from Tonga. :biggrin:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Vladimir Putin: “ Figure skating attracts attention. Especially now, when our athletes are achieving stunning results ”

Russian President Vladimir Putin shared his opinion on figure skating.

“Such a bright, beautiful, elegant sport like figure skating attracts attention. Especially now, when our athletes, and especially the young girl athletes, achieve such stunning results. Millions of people always tune in to this.

And this is not a joke, it is important when people can relate to some kind of activity that attracts the attention of millions of people and are doing such positive work - it only becomes more effective because people listen to you ”, Putin said in a meeting with students of the Sirius Educational Center in Sochi.
-----
https://tass.ru/sport/7582991

PS: Putin named Oleg Matytsin new Minister of Sports. Matytsin is relatively unknown, but experienced in managing sports and sporting events, especially in and for university students.
Let's hope he is a dedicated professional who will advance Russian sports, modernise its structures and deal with the doping scandal effectively.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Anastasia Galustyan, even if she never represented Russia internationally.

Thanks. Yes I see that now when I check her Wiki page. She doesn't seem to be Top 6 material though.

Looking through the entries again I realise that I somehow forgot about Paganini. She might be a top 6 contender as well alltough her season this far hasn't been that great.
And then of course there is Alexia Tornaghi.
There might not be a Russian Top 6 after all...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The Figure Skating Maps are getting better and better - check the newest ones out which are animated:

Anna Shcherbakova's 'Perfumer': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKmYZZHZxLs
Alyona Kostornaya's 'Angel': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGn4a6Pd8bY

English annotated versions coming soon, but these maps require lots of study and teamwork for them to be beautiful, representative and faultless.

Obviously, the static ones are already pieces of art, and quite valuable too, for one can see the full measure of efforts a certain team of dedicated professionals puts into the programs of their pupils in order to maximise their chances in both artistic and technical skating while presenting this integral image needed to develop their skaters to the maximum of their capability.

In two days, we can admire these marvellous programs one more time, and perhaps some new elements and artistic touches have been added again, for this team and their skaters never rest.

#ТолькоВПерёд

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Well, there have been few complaints from the skaters, if at all. The ice is good and AUT fed made the best of the conditions and circumstances.

The tent does look very cold though and one iы fortunate the Alpine winter is mild this week. If it were freezing 15-20 degrees, or be as cold in Krasnoyarsk during Russian Nationals, the LOC would have been in serious trouble even up to cancelling.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Nop, it doesn't work. That family name is a lot older than the very idea of underwear.

I was kidding. Some say that "трус" long time ago meant the earthquake and "Трусов" was the man making an earthquake. Although, I am not sure about earthquakes in Russia.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
The Figure Skating Maps are getting better and better - check the newest ones out which are animated:

Anna Shcherbakova's 'Perfumer': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKmYZZHZxLs
Alyona Kostornaya's 'Angel': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGn4a6Pd8bY

English annotated versions coming soon, but these maps require lots of study and teamwork for them to be beautiful, representative and faultless.

Obviously, the static ones are already pieces of art, and quite valuable too, for one can see the full measure of efforts a certain team of dedicated professionals puts into the programs of their pupils in order to maximise their chances in both artistic and technical skating while presenting this integral image needed to develop their skaters.

In two days, we can admire these marvellous programs one more time, and perhaps some new elements and artistic touches have been added again, for this team and their skaters never rest.

#ТолькоВПерёд

Great stuff

kallirroe

On the Ice
hello friends! Does anyone has a link for streaming today , cauz the commentator in our country is so terrible that we prefer to listen another language and dont understand :biggrin::laugh: