2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 987 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Batsuchan

Medalist
Here's a fan-cam version of the ladies' medal ceremony where you can actually see Aliona telling the other girls to join her on the top step, which I thought was such a sweet moment. :luv17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV4pYQ-TED8

Around 3:13 you can see Aliona talking to Sasha and Anna--I think to tell them to come onto the top step during the anthem--and around 4:34 you can see her gesturing for them to come up. :agree:

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Where I come from they say:
"If my granny had weels, she'd be a wheelbarrow"
:laugh:

Omg we have the same one but with "she'd be a bicycle" [emoji23]

Well. :) Since this is a thread about Russians, let me allow myself to say that a similar saying about grandma is popular in Russia. It has the same meaning, but is more ... forthrightly. How:
"If grandmother had (....), she'd be a grandfather"

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Well. :) Since this is a thread about Russians, let me allow myself to say that a similar saying about grandma is popular in Russia. It has the same meaning, but is more ... forthrightly. How:
"If grandmother had (....), she'd be a grandfather"
I've heard this too [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

katymay

Medalist
Horrible competition for Khrustalny girls so far.

Probably a good thing in the long run. Russia is full of talented little girls, and it is good they are not just centered in one club. There was a girl from St.Petersberg (skated to Grease) with sky high power jumps. Today there were at least 12 from other clubs you can tell are loaded with talent, great skating skills and good jumps.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Samodelkina SP: https://youtu.be/MMzCJl2ThgI , she makes it look so easy and probably has the skill under her belt now. 3A - 3T seems like a good combination. Ted will be impressed if she repeats cleanly in Saransk' Cup Final.

This is a competition of the CSKA column, so a little biased in their favour.
But Samodelkina was best. All the better skaters well conditioned and with high skill level. Russia's novices program is in full forwards motion.

Petrosyan got a time penalty?

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Probably a good thing in the long run. Russia is full of talented little girls, and it is good they are not just centered in one club. There was a girl from St.Petersberg (skated to Grease) with sky high power jumps. Today there were at least 12 from other clubs you can tell are loaded with talent, great skating skills and good jumps.

It's not competition from other schools that made the day bad for Khrustalny,but bad performances from both Akatyeva (almost lost her combo, jumped 2A instead of 3A) and Zhilina (fell on 3Lz in combo).

katymay

Medalist
Samodelkina SP: https://youtu.be/MMzCJl2ThgI

This is a competition of the CSKA column, so a little biased in favour.
But Samodelkina was best.

Petrosyan got a time penalty?

Petrosyan is such a beautiful skater. Jumps looked solid and strong today as well. Samodelkina nailed the 3A3T,-wow. So many of the girls in the 60-65 range will challenge in the future as well-I thought they were just as strong as the more well known girls.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I was just thinking about how much I missed Kanysheva yesterday! Ugh I really wish we could’ve seen more of her as a singles skater since she was so charismatic and had so much potential. But best of luck to her in ice dance! Her skating skills are definitely beyond good enough for ice dance.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm so sad about Kanysheva. She was my favorite of the Russian juniors this season (though we barely got to see her).

What is the nature of the injury that no longer allows her to jump? Her Instagram post says the injury is from November 2018, but how did she learn a 4T and skate at test skates, etc.?

I hope she succeeds in ice dance, though I assume that most ice dancers start at a much younger age. Does she already have a partner?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She had so much promise :(

I hope she succeeds in dance.

She can stay under Sambo-70 at the Tchaikovskaya rink, or even at Khrustalniy which also has a dance program IIRC.

Back injury? Blocked (which I believe is cutting the nerves so you feel no pain?) But not healed obviously and unable to withstand the loads of training and competing ultra-si? Or already degenerated and incurable?

Now there are no 2005 born skaters left, so perhaps reinforcement are necessary? Tarakanova accepted back, Sinitsyna, Shulskaya?

Tarakanova has a 'history' ....

Sinitsyna has a 'character' ....

Shulskaya in my eyes would be a good prospect. To me, she seems to have the good artistry, skills and conditioning needed to make it under #TeamTutberidzeForProgress, and most importantly the right mind set, serious, dedicated, eager, intelligent. And still young and pliable enough to be developed.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I hope she succeeds in ice dance, though I assume that most ice dancers start at a much younger age. Does she already have a partner?

Didn't Eteri's daughter Diana Davis move to dance at a similar age? She and her partner are quite successful at the junior level.