2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 989 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Batsuchan

Medalist
I’m so upset about Kanysheva 😭 I was still holding out hope she was going to recover and we would maybe see her try to qualify for 2nd jr nationals this year. I wish her success in ice dance!

You took the words right out of my mouth, SkateSkates! And nussacker too. I'm absolutely GUTTED for Alenka Kanysheva! :sad4: :sad4:

I was so excited when she announced that she was finally pain-free and could train again, so now to hear that it didn't work out after all is devastating. :hopelessness:

If it had been radio silence for months and then this announcement, I would've been less surprised, and I would have been very disappointed, but not as heartbroken.

I hope she finds a partner soon, and I wish her all the best in ice dance!! :hap10: I hope to see Alyona the snow princess for many years to come! :yes:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I hope Kanysheva's injury can still sustain elite dance training. I remember Sasha Proklova was injured in singles then switched pairs. Not sure if she tried dance. But she had to quit pair too because of her injury was too severe.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
FFKKR published it revised selection criteria for inclusion in the national selection coming season: https://rsport.ria.ru/20200129/1564010474.html, a translation can be found in the men’s thread.

If really applied to the letter, several current members might not make the grades?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Seems like Maria Gordeeva of CSKA attempted 4S two times today at Elements although unsuccessfully.

8 year olds jumping triples, 10 year olds quads, but still lots of training needed to get the jumps stable.

Older girls will jump tonight.
What the known trikselistas and quadsters present? Are we in for surprises? First the younger boys in free skating, which is already a treat.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
FFKKR published it revised selection criteria for inclusion in the national selection coming season: https://rsport.ria.ru/20200129/1564010474.html, a translation can be found in the men’s thread.

If really applied to the letter, several current members might not make the grades?

EDIT

Pretty much nobody would be out.

Only Gubanova, Samadurova,Medvedeva and Konstantinova are out right now and most likely all of them will get into top 10 of Russian cup Final.

EDIT again, Medvedeva and Samadurova should also be in for getting into top 8 at GP events,+Sakhanovich.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Older girls jumped their first round: http://freeskating.info:5700/live_results/

1: Sof'ya Samodolkina jumped two clean triksels, and her 3A-3T combination cleanly, but 3T<
2: Yelizavate Berestovskaya 3Lz, 4T<, 3Lz-3T, 4T-3T
3: Adeliya Petrosyan 3F, 3F, 3F-3T, 3Lz!-3Lo
6: Veronika Zhilina 3Lz, 4T, 3Lz-3T, 4T-3T

10: Sof'ya Akat'yeva seems to have problems jumping cleanly right now, no triksels, and falls on both her 4T's

top girls clean triple lutz-toeloop combinations

Fluture

Record Breaker
I have been thinking about Kanysheva‘s situation ever since I‘ve heard of the news and honestly, the conclusion I‘ve come to is nothing short of depressing. Imo, Alena was failed utterly and thoroughly by the people in charge of her. Why?

Well, if we take her word for the date of the injury, and this happened in November 2018, then...

1. She most likely hid the injury and kept training regularly in Panova‘s team (as Anna Kuzmenko‘s mum wrote on Instagram that no one in the team knew about it). This means that, first of all, no one in Panova‘s team noticed a severely injured athlete for several months (or deliberately ignored it which is even worse) AND let her compete at multiple events she could have withdrawn from. Then, of course, she moved to Eteri and, as we all know, started to train a quad there. Whether she wanted to and the coaches just let her do it, is completely irrelevant. Fact is that she was training a highly dangerous element on a body that had not yet had the time to recover and no one stopped her. No coaches, no parents.

2. Panova knew about the injury and still let her compete.

I do not even want to get into the possibility that the date she mentioned wasn‘t correct and she’s trying (or made) to save someone’s reputation as my main point stands anyway:

Athletes drop out all the time. Not everybody - in fact, most - do not make it to the top of their sport. But in this case we have a 14 year old teenager who was seriously injured and should not have been in the state to either participate in multiple events or train ultra c elements. The move to withdraw her was made way too late and the damage was already done by then.

I can only say that, right now, I‘m thoroughly disappointed. I hope that Alena will look back at her career as a singles skater and not feel bitterness because honestly, I, as a fan, can say that I am right now. Hopefully, her “dream“ of landing a jump for an Instagram video was worth all this... (and no, don‘t tell me that an athlete who‘s given up everything to their sport only dreams of landing a specific element not even during a competition)

Imo, her injury was managed wrongly from the very beginning and, for me at least, there will always be the ”what could have been if...?“ I wish her all the best and hope she succeeds as an Ice Dancer. She deserves it. This is the only thing that makes me feel slightly better. At least she will not leave the sport altogether.

Good luck, Alena!! :pray:

macy

Record Breaker
I hope Kanysheva's injury can still sustain elite dance training. I remember Sasha Proklova was injured in singles then switched pairs. Not sure if she tried dance. But she had to quit pair too because of her injury was too severe.

still not over this :cry:

ruga

Final Flight
The timing of Alena's injury was weird to me as well. She won bronze at JGPF just one month after reported injury date and competed in other other competitions as well, showing pretty normal results. She even learned a quad. Maybe there was some small injury and another accident happened this season that made it worse. It just seems weird that she showed great skating after November 2018 and now it's so bad that she can't even jump and has to opt for ice dance. Well, many weird things can happen. I wish her success and determination in this new discipline, since it will be pretty hard to start dancing from zero.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
The timing of Alena's injury was weird to me as well. She won bronze at JGPF just one month after reported injury date and competed in other other competitions as well, showing pretty normal results. She even learned a quad. Maybe there was some small injury and another accident happened this season that made it worse. It just seems weird that she showed great skating after November 2018 and now it's so bad that she can't even jump and has to opt for ice dance. Well, many weird things can happen. I wish her success and determination in this new discipline, since it will be pretty hard to start dancing from zero.

She didn't write she is not able to jump now.

macy

Record Breaker
She didn't write she is not able to jump now.

her post literally translates to "The injury I received in November 2018 does not allow me to perform the necessary jumping load."

This means she is not able to do the jumps she needs to be competitive, meaning at least triples, maybe even doubles. the fact she switched to the only discipline that does not jump is also very telling.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Musical sequences and spins " Elements " have just concluded in the Moscow Cup.

Akat'yeva and especially Petrosyan really delivered in the artistry, Adeliya skating to the powerful music of 'Kukushka', but both only level 2 steps?

All the top Khrustalniy skaters were skating to what seemed like a staged mini-routine of elements and spins (Rozanov's work?, just like yesterday in the boys), and were in dresses this time (yesterday's top Khr boys were in costume too), which distinguishes them even more. Compete attention to every small detail of their performances, noblesse obligee. Berestovskaya likewise distinguished herself, but the all black training gear on the other girls also has it own charm, it makes the skaters look very purposeful.

Today's Elements didn't change the top 3: http://freeskating.info:5700/live_results/ while the page lasts, otherwise: https://freeskating.info/results/1920/msk_kinder_champs_2020/CAT003RS.HTM

Clips here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZoE4yEnv0I

Samodelkina sovereign in 1st so far, she is top shape, has grown strong and confident, she is in command.
Berestovskaya in 2nd, she sort of seemed to have forgotten her spin elements, but completed them without music.
Petrosyan best in this CSKA tournament at 3rd.
Akat'yeva struggling with her jumps in 10th place
Zhilina in 6th
I gather the total of SP, Elements and FP decides who goes forward to the Cup final?

Next year will mark the 75th anniversary of Victory Day, the end of World War 2 in Russia. One can expect many commemorative programs, in Ice Age, Kids and perhaps in ordinary skating too.

Samodelkina, Berestovskaya and Petrosyan turn 13 next year and are JGP eligible.

If 'Kukushka' can be staged for Petrosyan in the JPG, it will be an awesome program, for Adeliya can really deliver this kind of intense music.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
her post literally translates to "The injury I received in November 2018 does not allow me to perform the necessary jumping load."

This means she is not able to do the jumps she needs to be competitive, meaning at least triples, maybe even doubles. the fact she switched to the only discipline that does not jump is also very telling.

Load is a key word here. I read it like she is not able to train jumps in amount which is required to be competitive single skater but not like she is not able to jump at all.

macy

Record Breaker
Load is a key word here. I read it like she is not able to train jumps in amount which is required to be competitive single skater but not like she is not able to jump at all.

it's probably both. drilling jumps is just as physically stressful as doing really hard elements such as 3+3s, 3As, quads, etc.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Whoah, even Sergey Viktorovich made it to the studio, while at the same time, Eteri Georgiyevna was working at the rink.

Dudakov feels like a father figure to the 27 skaters he and the team work with.

Navka is glad the young girl skaters like skating more than eating pizza ;-)

All skaters were grateful the ice in that hangar in Graz was excellent, allowing them to compete at their very best.

LOL, the reaction of the girls when Daniil Markovich announced there will be new exhibition programs for the Tutberidze Show of Champions ;-)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I don’t believe that Panova and Tutberidze would just be letting her train quads if her injury prohibited that, since she learned quads with Panova as well that season.
Tutberidze did not enforce quads on the other Aliona and let her heal and skip competitions, so to me it does not seem like it was just something simply overlooked by everyone.

I also don’t think her parents would do anything like that, and just dismiss her injuries.

Aliona wrote in her post about that hospital in Arkhangelsk that she was finally given a correct diagnosis and that’s why she was so thankful.
I think most likely, she wasn’t diagnosed properly in November 2018, kept skating, since probably back then her doctor allowed her to keep doing everything and keep competing, and then a year later the injury already did some damage.