2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

karina17

Final Flight
Alyona said on her ask.fm that she's now back to jumping in practice (not 3A, though, but that's only expected). She says she will perform without jumps at the exhibition.

She says she may be keeping her short program next season, but she doesn't like it because it's boring to perform the same program for two seasons in a row.

In other news, she has two chihuahuas named Carolina Kostner and Javier Fernandez.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Alyona said on her ask.fm that she's now back to jumping in practice (not 3A, though, but that's only expected). She says she will perform without jumps at the exhibition.

She says she may be keeping her short program next season, but she doesn't like it because it's boring to perform the same program for two seasons in a row.

In other news, she has two chihuahuas named Carolina Kostner and Javier Fernandez.

I am not sure it was actually her answering all those questions. It seems like she was hacked based on an Instagram story by a Team Tutberidze account.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I read somewhere that Konstantinova has chosen Moulin Rouge for her free skate. I can't help but fear for more Tango de Roxanne.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I read somewhere that Konstantinova has chosen Moulin Rouge for her free skate. I can't help but fear for more Tango de Roxanne.

I don't think they'll use Roxanne. I saw an interview from her where she talked about the music selection. She said something about having loved Tessa and Scott's FD and that song, but her coaches thought it works better for two people, so she then looked at other music from the movie, got some ideas from Ashley Wagner's FS (paraphrasing).

Scott512

Record Breaker
Lol I noticed that too. It’s almost like she or her handlers read GS last summer 😜

Yes Nastyas handlers do read Golden skate forum! ;)

I don't know what to think of Stanislava using moulin rouge music. I think I like the idea and imagine she will pull it off because she's such a beautiful skater and young lady.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Stasya‘s new instagram post... If I understood the automatic translation correctly she‘s asking the fans to provide ideas for her new gala program. Cool idea, will be interesting to see what they come up with and what the final choice will be like.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwXaiLDnDl9/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ccj7reblclqm

Also, her and Zhenya have soon marked their musical territory this season. Interesting to see who will follow. I guess Tutberidze will announce their choices like they did last year, after their training camp.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I guess Tutberidze will announce their choices like they did last year, after their training camp.

Last two seasons Daniil posted on instagram about Alina's SP on 1 May each year: two seasons ago just a hint, last season he revealed the program. Maybe he'll do the same this year? :biggrin:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Last two seasons Daniil posted on instagram about Alina's SP on 1 May each year: two seasons ago just a hint, last season he revealed the program. Maybe he'll do the same this year? :biggrin:

Oh, so soon? I don’t know why but I remembered it wrongly, I thought we’d found out about her programs later, somewhere mid May, beginning of June. Well, that‘s good then because we won‘t have to wait as long. It will be interesting to see the choice. Or maybe they‘ll decide to keep it a secret this year and only give a hint, since Daniil said they wanted to create a totally new image for her in the upcoming season... Maybe they want it to be a surprise. Either way I‘m looking forward to it.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Is David Wilson Evgenia's choreographer again? With Muse I can image a typical Wilson program without much transitions or sparks. I think dramatic music work better for Evgenia than an abstract and slow piece.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Is David Wilson Evgenia's choreographer again? With Muse I can image a typical Wilson program without much transitions or sparks. I think dramatic music work better for Evgenia than an abstract and slow piece.

In my completely amateurish opinion I hope not, Misha's SP suited her much better.

zounger

Medalist
About Tarakanova: I think her performance immunity in coaching changes speaks about her athleticism and talent. Probably Panova is a better choice if you want to break the Sambo monopoly. Mishin will be a good choice as well, but that involves family moving etc. She has similar body type with Guliakova, more talented than her though in my opinion. That would have been an interesting move.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
About Tarakanova: I think her performance immunity in coaching changes speaks about her athleticism and talent. Probably Panova is a better choice if you want to break the Sambo monopoly. Mishin will be a good choice as well, but that involves family moving etc. She has similar body type with Guliakova, more talented than her though in my opinion. That would have been an interesting move.

Tarakanova and Mishin? Highly unlikely. I don't know what's on professor's mind. He is 78 now - seems like the time to focus. He and his team achieved with Liza some truly amazing progress this season and yet they face serious challenges in the season to come. Sofia won the Europeans and represented Russia in 2 world championships. But without going forward she will hardly repeat this success. Lazukin has a chance to become the leading Russian man with much higher international status if he adds another stable quad to his SP and FP. I am even not talking about his other students. That's a lot of work to do. Bringing struggling Nastya does not look like an option.

P.S. I am glad that people no longer name her "Tarankova".