2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

zounger

Medalist
^^

Unlikely, yes. But why not a nice move? She can benefit both from a good coaching and by the presence of more experienced skaters around.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
^^

Unlikely, yes. But why not a nice move? She can benefit both from a good coaching and by the presence of more experienced skaters around.

Yes, she can. But Mishiin will hardly take her. May be, he is a superhuman. But other than that to invest in a 15 year old skater when you are 78 and when you had such an emotional roller-coaster with Liza and Sofia - I don't think so.

halulupu

Final Flight
Tarakanova and Mishin? Highly unlikely. I don't know what's on professor's mind. He is 78 now - seems like the time to focus. He and his team achieved with Liza some truly amazing progress this season and yet they face serious challenges in the season to come. Sofia won the Europeans and represented Russia in 2 world championships. But without going forward she will hardly repeat this success. Lazukin has a chance to become the leading Russian man with much higher international status if he adds another stable quad to his SP and FP. I am even not talking about his other students. That's a lot of work to do. Bringing struggling Nastya does not look like an option.

P.S. I am glad that people no longer name her "Tarankova".
I think plushy was tarankanovas last chance. She obviously is some complicated emotional teenager. ATM there are too many talented Russian ladies out there. Why should russfed still bother with an emotional teenager? They will invest in the many similar talented kids/ladies out there. Goodbye beautiful high rippon lutzes

Thomasew

Rinkside
I think plushy was tarankanovas last chance. She obviously is some complicated emotional teenager. ATM there are too many talented Russian ladies out there. Why should russfed still bother with an emotional teenager? They will invest in the many similar talented kids/ladies out there. Goodbye beautiful high rippon lutzes

I don't believe Plushenko's version of events for one minute. It was a blow to his ego, and to his Academy, when his top skater decides that she can no longer tolerate the unacceptable training conditions, and seeks 'professional' coaching elsewhere.

Of course he had to make it seem, like it was his decision that she leave. :scratch2:

Tarakanova will be fine, .. she's a super-talented skater, who's exciting to watch. :)

.. who wouldn't want the opportunity to coach her, .. and, for her, .. not only will she be able to get more time on the ice,
.. she won't have to worry about crashing into dozens of toddlers. :eeking:

Cheers

bloomies20

Rinkside
While I do not agree with Plushenko detailing specific details of their split, Nastya has also developed a bit of a reputation as a difficult skater to work with. She is a very talented, but talent can only take you so far. She might end up like Sakhanovich having difficulty finding a top coach to work with.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Tarakanova wisely stated in her answer that she will not divulge into the conditions of her being accepted back to Snow Leopards again, I assume she is on probation under quite strict terms.

I hope both parties can work successfully together and Anastasiya will be comfortable again in the presence of other girls her age.

So far, the internet lynch mob went mostly after Plyushchenko.
As owner/director and chief trainer of his Academy he also needs to re-assess his position with respect to national team members under his charge.

Anastasiya’s chances are of more concern to most of us than his business.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Tarakanova wisely stated in her answer that she will not divulge into the conditions of her being accepted back to Snow Leopards again, I assume she is on probation under quite strict terms.

I hope both parties can work successfully together and Anastasiya will be comfortable again in the presence of other girls her age.

So far, the internet lynch mob went mostly after Plyushchenko.
As owner/director and chief trainer of his Academy he also needs to re-assess his position with respect to national team members under his charge.

Anastasiya’s chances are of more concern to most of us than his business.

She should have returned to the greatest coach for the ladies. Nastya is very up and down. If she settles down she can still become very good. One key is how much damage puberty will do to her. We will see.

moriel

Record Breaker
Is David Wilson Evgenia's choreographer again? With Muse I can image a typical Wilson program without much transitions or sparks. I think dramatic music work better for Evgenia than an abstract and slow piece.

Hope no, hope she gets some choreographer that suits her better and has some experience this season, and a choreo that is actually top level and suits her.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
One key is how much damage puberty will do to her. We will see.

LOL, puberty will do no damage to her. She is already quite tall, but seems naturally athletic, strong and very fit.

Working with young adolescents is never easy, but once the trainers have found the right buttons to press in the correct order, things will usually work out.
Her relative position at Snow Leopards won't change, she is still the oldest of their juniors and a very welcome addition to their ranks.
Anastasiya will be regarded as the leader of that pack of little snow leopard cubs, and by character she could be.
Plus she has a certain commanding presence and authority in her voice and demeanour.
She seems to me one of those people that could be your best friend but also your worst enemy.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She should have returned to the greatest coach for the ladies. Nastya is very up and down. If she settles down she can still become very good. One key is how much damage puberty will do to her. We will see.

Not that I wouldn't let her have it if that's what she wants, but Eteri is really overcrowded now. Panova is a solid compensation, to be honest probably second best variant in Moscow after Eteri. And I think for russian figure skating it would be good to have other elite team apart from Eteri and Mishin.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Just from pure interest where do these rumours about Nastya being a problematic athlete come from? I haven't heard anything on that topic from Team Tutberidze for example and they do have very high working ethics.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Just from pure interest where do these rumours about Nastya being a problematic athlete come from? I haven't heard anything on that topic from Team Tutberidze for example and they do have very high working ethics.

Plushenko saying that + the fact that she changes coaches again after only one season creates those rumors. Plus we all know that she‘s very emotional, we can see it in her skating, K&C interactions. I think she‘s perfectly normal, maybe a bit more emotional than others but that‘s okay. She just hasn‘t found an environment yet where she feels she belongs. I get why that can be frustrating.

On another note:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwZ7AZJH_zH/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=apnskujuyixh

This instagram account seemed to have communicated with Alena Kanysheva and asked her some questions. I thought it was interesting, even though I‘m not sure where they got their information from and whether they‘re entirely credible. But according to that Alena and Panova seemed to have separated on friendly terms, as she names her as one of her favorite coaches. Her favorite jump is the lutz (not surprising, given her strong technique :) ), her favorite skaters are Zhenya, Alina and Nathan and her Alena Kostornaya is her best friend in the group.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This instagram account seemed to have communicated with Alena Kanysheva and asked her some questions. I thought it was interesting, even though I‘m not sure where they got their information from and whether they‘re entirely credible. But according to that Alena and Panova seemed to have separated on friendly terms, as she names her as one of her favorite coaches. Her favorite jump is the lutz (not surprising, given her strong technique :) ), her favorite skaters are Zhenya, Alina and Nathan and her Alena Kostornaya is her best friend in the group.

One never knows until the skater or her parents or personal trainer responds in their own voice on their own media.

Personal reasons could mean anything, and Alyona will do wise to keep these private.

Kanysheva is Khrustalniy's only 2005 born skater AFAIK, so she will have a lot of responsibility to handle.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

That birthday video from last Sunday is perhaps a bit naive from Tarakanova's side, pretending that nothing was out of the ordinary. She sort of walked in on her own birthday party in Snow Leopards changing room, where all the skater girls welcomed her like a lost friend.

If Anastasiya thought that would go unnoticed by the fans and media she was wrong. It might be that Plyushchenko might have felt sort of provoked by Tarakanova's casual attitude and behaviour, which is immature from his part.

But overall, the 'scandal' flared up and fizzled out in a day or two, which is probably all for the better and certainly for Anastasiya herself. No need to cry over spilled milk that has turned sour by now.

Full force ahead towards next season. She is Snow Leopards only 2004 born skater and given her formidable prowess and fiery character a most welcome addition to their ranks.

Astolat

On the Ice
Country
Poland
I personally, once more, doubt Plushy's abilities.
He is very PR driven, but has to yet show some good results. So far, all the top skaters who went there didnt last, and all left with negative comments from Plushy himself.

And do you remember that? https://fs-gossips.com/evgeni-plush...va-will-have-a-quad-by-the-end-of-the-season/ So it was either a total (and irresponsible, IMHO) bluff from him back in October, or he is not correct now, suggesting that Tarakanova was unable to learn quads.

Scott512

Record Breaker
LOL, puberty will do no damage to her. She is already quite tall, but seems naturally athletic, strong and very fit.

Working with young adolescents is never easy, but once the trainers have found the right buttons to press in the correct order, things will usually work out.
Her relative position at Snow Leopards won't change, she is still the oldest of their juniors and a very welcome addition to their ranks.
Anastasiya will be regarded as the leader of that pack of little snow leopard cubs, and by character she could be.
Plus she has a certain commanding presence and authority in her voice and demeanour.
She seems to me one of those people that could be your best friend but also your worst enemy.

for a second I forgot who we were talking about. ;) Yes Nsstya T is bigger stronger and more athletic than most of the girls out there and any coach would be glad to have her or so I would think. It really made no sense why she would leave a great coach like Eteri at 13 or 14 especially since she's bigger and different than most of the Sambo-70 girls.