2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
https://lisach.net/figs/src/1555626642957.webm

translation:
Plushenko (army-style angry sermon): "There will be easier! I need quads, I need 3.5 (Axels), I need to win! You do understand, eh?!"
Sofia Titova (9 y.o.): *frightened nod*
Plushenko: "and you can do it"
:unsure::drama:

I dont know what to say.

Is Adelina still with Plushenko? As we have seen in all sports all time great performers and athletes don't normally make great coaches or managers.

neusw

On the Ice
for a second I forgot who we were talking about. ;) Yes Nsstya T is bigger stronger and more athletic than most of the girls out there and any coach would be glad to have her or so I would think. It really made no sense why she would leave a great coach like Eteri at 13 or 14 especially since she's bigger and different than most of the Sambo-70 girls.

Impatience with getting results? Not wanting to be buried by multiple generationally-talented skaters? Wanting to be top dog in the camp and get the most attention from the coach? Nastya is a very special talent but she really needs a coach that can direct her energy and emotion in the most constructive direction to gain stability and consistency. The frequent coach switching doesn't help with stability. How long was she even with Eteri? A year? Certainly long enough to see some improvements given the training intensity at Sambo but nowhere near long enough to maximize her abilities.

bloomies20

Rinkside
It should be noted that Panova has stated that she has not made a final decision to work with Tarakanova, so currently she is without a coach. If Panova decides not to accept her, I'm not sure where she could conceivably go as she has gone through all the top coaches in Moscow.

SkateSkates

Medalist
It should be noted that Panova has stated that she has not made a final decision to work with Tarakanova, so currently she is without a coach. If Panova decides not to accept her, I'm not sure where she could conceivably go as she has gone through all the top coaches in Moscow.

Not sure if she’s already tried but there’s also Davydov or Buyanova at CSKA

Amei

Record Breaker
I dont know what to say.

Is Adelina still with Plushenko? As we have seen in all sports all time great performers and athletes don't normally make great coaches or managers.

I don't think she's officially announced her retirement but is she even training for anything other than performing in shows?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Impatience with getting results? Not wanting to be buried by multiple generationally-talented skaters? Wanting to be top dog in the camp and get the most attention from the coach? Nastya is a very special talent but she really needs a coach that can direct her energy and emotion in the most constructive direction to gain stability and consistency. The frequent coach switching doesn't help with stability. How long was she even with Eteri? A year? Certainly long enough to see some improvements given the training intensity at Sambo but nowhere near long enough to maximize her abilities.

But she offers something different thsn the super tiny Eteri girls. Yes the competition is fierce at sambo-70 among the girls but she was doing much better when she was with EG than when she left her. Nastya is way too talented and promising not to get with a quality coach.

bloomies20

Rinkside

CSKA almost never accepts skaters with a history of coaching changes. Nastya hasn't even turned senior yet and has gone through what seems like a coach a year. She's just limited in who will actually accept her.

Arbitrary

Medalist
I dont know what to say.

Adelina Sotnikova recently gave a blue mood interview:
- I'm not ready to be a coach.
- I eat once a day, rarely twice.
- I drink few sips of water...

To be seen.

esteticlove

Final Flight

Yes, I think her biggest problem is the impatience. Whereas I could partially understand where that comes from because I also get very frustrated sometimes for her results (example: FS Russian Nationals, no comment there). From an interview with Anastasia I remember that she left Eteri not because she didn't like her methods but more because Nastya herself lost her motivation during the summer camp and gave up figure skating as a whole. Also, mentioning her concerns with Pluschenko's coaches, that her rivals spend more time on the ice is an indication for her need for a more intense training in order to feel prepared. Furthermore, there were actually no comments from Eteri on Tarakanova's leaving back then which leaves me to the conclusion that she had no problems with working ethics.

I think that Tarakanova has some special sports talent. She was doing well under Eteri, the packaging was helping her with her scoring, so she could medal at the JGPF, for example. But she wasn't doing far worse under Pluschenko. In my opinion, her skating kept improving, her jumps too. She still struggled with her SP but overall there wasn't an enormous downfall from her last season like some other skaters experienced after changing coaches.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I wonder if Tarakanova would fare better by trying to go to Chebotareva. Valentina seems very nurturing, teach great basics and won't pressure her to go into quads if she is not ready.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I wonder if Tarakanova would fare better by trying to go to Chebotareva. Valentina seems very nurturing, teach great basics and won't pressure her to go into quads if she is not ready.

Idk, Tarakanova already has great basics, what she needs is packaging and consistency, and Chebotareva doesn't seem the greatest for that, especially the consistency part.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Do either one of those coaches have a female athlete like Nastya T? For Buyanova Nastya T would be a nice compliment to the beautiful skater Nastya G. Buyanovadevelop Adelina sotnikova into something special and had Adelina was an excellent athlete so is Nastya T.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Adelina Sotnikova recently gave a blue mood interview:
- I'm not ready to be a coach.
- I eat once a day, rarely twice.
- I drink few sips of water...

To be seen.

That’s really concerning, considering Adelina isn’t even competitive and doesn’t “need” to keep a diet (no one does really).

halulupu

Final Flight
U are all doing as if she could choose. Why do u think she went to plushy? Because he is such a quality coach? No, no one else wanted her. And now even plushy the insta coach is dumping her. With her reputation she needs to be very very lucky if any known coach is taking her

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
U are all doing as if she could choose. Why do u think she went to plushy? Because he is such a quality coach? No, no one else wanted her. And now even plushy the insta coach is dumping her. With her reputation she needs to be very very lucky if any known coach is taking her

Is it because she switches coaches a lot or what? Does she have a reputation of someone that is hard to work with?

Thomasew

Rinkside

Please get your facts straight, .. he didn't dump her, .. she was already looking for a new coach in March.

She was already celebrating her birthday on Sunday the 14th at Snow Leopards, .. then, suddenly, .. the next day Plushenko spews forth his vitriol, in a desperate attempt to protect his reputation. Sad man.

The fact that Snow Leopards had organized her a cake etc., .. means that they already knew she would be going there. Anastasia posted a pic on her Instagram, and some comments were saying .. "Welcome Back".

Is it a coincidence that Plushenko's story came out the very next day?, .. I think not.

halulupu

Final Flight
Is it because she switches cochairs a lot or what? Does she have a reputation of someone that is hard to work with?
Of course. Plushy made a nasty interview about her leave. Guess 99% of it is bs. Still 3 coaching changes in 3 years is a lot. She gets super unfair low pcs from russian judges . Reputation wise she is in no good postition. She decided to quit fs just to change her mind shortly after. U can't do that when so many other super talented Russian girls a just waiting for their chance. Why did eteri dump her? Or she didn't see enough potential or she wasn't easy to work with (quitting fs...eteri doesn't forgive something like that)

halulupu

Final Flight
Please get your facts straight, .. he didn't dump her, .. she was already looking for a new coach in March.

She was already celebrating her birthday on Sunday the 14th at Snow Leopards, .. then, suddenly, .. the next day Plushenko spews forth his vitriol, in a desperate attempt to protect his reputation. Sad man.
Agree plushy is talking a lot of bs. But why is panova saying she is not her coach yet?

Thomasew

Rinkside
Agree plushy is talking a lot of bs. But why is panova saying she is not her coach yet?

Maybe because she had already been Nastya's coach, .. and she had left there to go to Eteri. I don't think Nastya had any problems training with Panova, .. it was more a question of logistics i.e. her father's job caused them to move away, .. or something like that. (read something last year, about some move or other, resulting in her having to change ice rinks.)

Also, don't forget, that when Nastya was with Panova, .. she was regularly at the top of the podium, with either Scherbakova or Trusova, or, both, .. on either side of her. Only when she went to Eteri, did that situation change.

Maybe Panova wants to see that Nastya, and/or her parents, .. are serious about their decision to move Nastya back there. I'm not sure. I doubt it has anything to do with Plushenko's nonsense. If that were the case, I doubt whether Nastya would have been invited to go and spend her Birthday at Snow Leopards, and spend some time on the ice with them.

Oh, .. she also posted that birthday video on her YT channel on the 14th, .. which shows, towards the end, her birthday celebrations at Snow Leopards, .. and they all seemed very happy to have her there. :)

Anyway, I hope it works out for her, .. she has so much potential. :)