2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
That is such a shame! It’s frustrating as well, because had she not made the coaching change, the first half of her season may have gone a bit smoother (due to no changes to technique etc), and she might have managed a higher sb. Oah well, fingers crossed that all goes well and we can see her move up to seniors the following season.
Her moving is the reason she is still skating. As far as I know she said it in an interview that she didn't want to skate anymore at all before she changed coach and school

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
She should have returned to the greatest coach for the ladies. Nastya is very up and down. If she settles down she can still become very good. One key is how much damage puberty will do to her. We will see.
She left there because she didn't want to skate anymore at all, so her leaving there was a good thing for her last year. So she wasn't the greatest coach for nastya.

Scott512

Record Breaker
That’s really concerning, considering Adelina isn’t even competitive and doesn’t “need” to keep a diet (no one does really).

Agreed. And Adelina is always one of the healthier looking skaters. Eating one meal a day in a few sips of water we'll catch up to anybody later in life. I wish someone like Irina or Maria top Russian ladies from 15-20 years ago could have more influence with these girls because I wonder if they only had one meal a day or a few sips of water. Those two look healthy when they performed.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks, these pics finally have me insight in how skater and trainer work with the harness and the “fishing rod”.

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Any guesses as to what Trusova and Scherbakova’s jump layouts will be next season? I am hoping for 3 quads from Trusova (lutz & 2 x toes)

neusw

On the Ice
Any guesses as to what Trusova and Scherbakova’s jump layouts will be next season? I am hoping for 3 quads from Trusova (lutz & 2 x toes)

It's entirely possible she may switch things up and throw in a flip just for the fun of it. I get the impression she doesn't necessarily skate to win, but to prove that she can do these extraordinary things.

Elucidus

Match Penalty

I hope she would learn 3A. Then two 4Ts plus 3A in the short will be enough to win everything. Three quads will be too much risk for her in seniors, IMO. Stakes are higher there - so keeping more safe approach would be wiser decision. One new jump per season is enough risk as it is. Time to be reckless experimentator is gone along with junior status, most likely.

oooo Daria on the harness, I wonder what she's learning!

4T - judging by the legs position.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She left there because she didn't want to skate anymore at all, so her leaving there was a good thing for her last year. So she wasn't the greatest coach for nastya.
Did she medal at Junior worlds under the guidance of sambo-70 and Eteri? She was b good there and all the way up.

She was 13 when she wanted to get away from skating. Kids are allowed to be up and down and change their minds. Not everyone can have the mentality of Zhenya and Alina Nastya T is more up and down then they are mentally but to me she still has a big upside and is a worthwhile investment especially because she just turned 15.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just doing some maintenance and noticed this......the 2018-19 season doesn't even end until Jun 30, 2019 :scratch2:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Adelina may not have the skinny gene in her so to even keep her show performance up to a certain level, she needs to maintain her shape. Someone looks healthy does not mean he/she has not restriction on diet, including Irina.

Agreed. And Adelina is always one of the healthier looking skaters. Eating one meal a day in a few sips of water we'll catch up to anybody later in life. I wish someone like Irina or Maria top Russian ladies from 15-20 years ago could have more influence with these girls because I wonder if they only had one meal a day or a few sips of water. Those two look healthy when they performed.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It is kind of sad that many coaches or nations are trying to manipulate skaters so they can be more competitive. A lot of girls especially non Asianwere born to be curvier. By limiting their diet and or stunting their growth as a result or delaying puberty and such will play a nasty toll on the body. Look at Evgenia when she was allowed to eat more "normal" her body caught up and jumping was more problematic as the technique when she was a beanpole no longer worked. We see that with Zagitova now and in the past with Julia and Adelina Elena R.

sx98423

On the Ice
It is kind of sad that many coaches or nations are trying to manipulate skaters so they can be more competitive. A lot of girls especially non Asianwere born to be curvier. By limiting their diet and or stunting their growth as a result or delaying puberty and such will play a nasty toll on the body. Look at Evgenia when she was allowed to eat more "normal" her body caught up and jumping was more problematic as the technique when she was a beanpole no longer worked. We see that with Zagitova now and in the past with Julia and Adelina Elena R.

Do you mean alina zagitova who just won the world championships with pretty strong jumps??

And honestly zhenya looks pretty much the same these days just with more muscle

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Similar set of pictures from Panova's Snow Leopards:
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/anatolytemchenko/2425045.html
(No Nastya)

Thanks again for the pictures.

They seem a happy lot, good girls doing great things.

You can imagine Tarakanova's longing to get back there, to have a home, a haven, company, friends, a purpose. To feel included, wanted, respected. To be taught new routines, to be teased, to be challenged, to laugh, to cry, to have fun, to live to fulfil your dream in the comfortable presence of your ‘sisters on blades’.
Her absence from this series, perhaps as a probationer she is not yet officially to be included?

Frolova's shirt saying: "Endurance, Fortitude, Speed, Victory" pretty much describes Russian figure skating and each of the skaters' goals.

The blonde girl with the big smile, is she Anastasiya Zinina from Ice Age, Kids previous? Her shirt says "Crossfit", which is all the vogue with sporting girls the world over. If she also does crossfit, she is one tough cookie.

That’s what I thought so too.

The description of this photo says so, so well spotted by the legs position: http://freeskating.info/gallery/report_tutberidze_team_training_2019_apr/scr/img_8647n.jpg

This is a nice group photo from Khrustalniy, and if my eyes don't deceive me has Alyona Kanysheva in it too: https://cdn.tribuna.com/fetch/?url=https://pp.userapi.com/c850336/v850336557/123d79/durS5GW75bU.jpg

esteticlove

Final Flight
Do you mean alina zagitova who just won the world championships with pretty strong jumps??

And honestly zhenya looks pretty much the same these days just with more muscle

1) Alina had UR almost the entire season, even though some of the jumps weren't called at competitions. She won the WC with clean programs but it doesn't mean that she didn't struggle this season.
2) That's also not entirely true. If you follow her appearances from after the Olympics until today - you would see a difference.