2019 World Team Trophy: Thoughts and Highlights | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019 World Team Trophy: Thoughts and Highlights

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Rika is joining the crowd of normal skaters now. Vulnerable to pressure and expectations. And that's good. Youthful energy can carry you a bit in the very beginning, but to make a longer lasting impact you should need maturity.
I hope the same happens to Trusova next season. You cannot base your entire success on one or two jumps with no plan B.
So happy about Liza. That's the best that happened at WTT.
And I am also hoping the gap between P/C and S/K starts to shrink. I am tired of dance results being published long before the competition.

So true. But there is some movement from 2 to 8th. Some people are expecting a move from Fear and Gibson but I am not sure there is much room unless Weapo retire. Remember there will be another Russian team to challenge for top ten possibly and the US would be stronger if that is p ossibleifthe Shib sibs come back. And Fear and Gibson will also be challenged by the Danadians. I think we need to accept WTT is a fun cheesefest that counts to world standings. As much as we celebrate ie Tennell's success it is an event wher eskaters gomore for the money and fun - they are tired, all the big competitoins are gone, you can tell the prestige is low - Russia doesn't even send its top skaters.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
This was not a real competition, just a money making event. The Americans deserved to win, but the rest of the podium has no connection to reality. Russia should have been second. You don't have 2 pairs and 2 dance teams = no right to take part in a team competition. Why do they bother calling it Team Competition, and not Japan open. Japan could have asked Daisuke and Mao to skate in pairs and dance. At least we would have more fans happy. Shoot me as I must have lost my mind.

Lulu39

Rinkside
This was not a real competition, just a money making event. The Americans deserved to win, but the rest of the podium has no connection to reality. Russia should have been second. You don't have 2 pairs and 2 dance teams = no right to take part in a team competition. Why do they bother calling it Team Competition, and not Japan open. Japan could have asked Daisuke and Mao to skate in pairs and dance. At least we would have more fans happy. Shoot me as I must have lost my mind.

Spot on. Russia should have been second. Daisuke and Mao in pairs and dance would have made me happy :laugh:
But seriously. Must have 2 teams for all events. Beijing???