Favorite Exogenesis Symphony Part III Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite Exogenesis Symphony Part III Program

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jeremy Abbott's is the one and only.

The music should have been retired after that.

To be honest I can't get behind this idea that certain music 'belongs' to a certain skater. I mean one skater might embody it the most for a particular generation (or even generations!) of fans, but I don't think that should mean other skaters shouldn't use it as well if that's what they want. I don't know for sure but there had to be Boleros before Torville and Dean and one of them was probably considered a masterpiece. If everyone felt that that music was untouchable back then we wouldn't have got their performance...and others too (Plushy's and Liza's versions come to mind!).

As for me, I don't have a standout favourite for this piece :laugh:, I do wonder what happened to Part 1 and 2 of the symphony though!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
To be honest I can't get behind this idea that certain music 'belongs' to a certain skater. I mean one skater might embody it the most for a particular generation (or even generations!) of fans, but I don't think that should mean other skaters shouldn't use it as well if that's what they want. I don't know for sure but there had to be Boleros before Torville and Dean and one of them was probably considered a masterpiece. If everyone felt that that music was untouchable back then we wouldn't have got their performance...and others too (Plushy's and Liza's versions come to mind!).

As for me, I don't have a standout favourite for this piece :laugh:, I do wonder what happened to Part 1 and 2 of the symphony though!

It's overused now and no one has been able to really do the music justice since, but if you are the type that likes to see a million and one subpar "boleros" or in this case exogenesis, then more power to you. I do not.

There is way too much music out there to keep doing the same piece that a skater made theirs and legendary at that.
We'll have to agree to disagree because I'm not buying it.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I hate Exogenesis. I hated the first one, and I have hated it every time since. (Carreira & Ponomarenko's program was good for them, but still--I loathe Exogenesis).

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
My favorite IMO is about to be Evgenia Medvedeva’s new SP.

Is she sending a coded message to Eteri?

Let's start over again
Why can't we start it over again
Just let us start it over again
And we'll be good
This time we'll get it, get it right
It's our last chance to forgive ourselves

babyskate

On the Ice
Though I was really impressed with Vincent Zhou's first >100 short program the other day, the short format just butchers the song too much to be effective.

I suppose Ashley Wagner is the gold standard answer to this question, but I really enjoyed this no-name junior's performance. She reminds me of Marin Honda, in that her artistic ability far exceeds that of her technical ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndq6umIw8oo

Wonder why parts I and II never get any love from skaters...

That was lovely. Her name is Selina Kaneda. Her mama would be sad to have her called a no-name.

temadd

Final Flight
Without a doubt, Ashley Wagner

So many of you said Jeremy Abbott but I have watched several of his performances of it and don't see it

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Without a doubt, Ashley Wagner

So many of you said Jeremy Abbott but I have watched several of his performances of it and don't see it

If you haven't seen it live, and how he moves his body to the music and his blade work, then there's no one that can explain it to you.

The 2012 version of the program was also better than the 2014.
Ashley's program was also inspired off of Jeremy's.