Does Edea Ice Fly heel width vary with boot width? | Golden Skate

Does Edea Ice Fly heel width vary with boot width?

christy

On the Ice
I currently have a pair of C width Ice Flies that fit reasonably welll on the heel but feel a bit narrow across the ball of my foot. I'm considering getting a pair of D width Ice Flies but I'm wondering if the heel width will also be wider meaning that my heel will slip. Does anyone know if the heel width is wider on the wider boot please?

Elija

On the Ice
I think they should be more narrow everywhere - I have just ordered them in B width because I found the C heels to be too wide for me. Can you not just get them stretched across the ball of the foot? I had that done with mine and it was gave a lot more room for my toes.

Nimyue

On the Ice
Yes the heel will be wider also. You might take your boot to a fitter and have them stretch the ball of your foot again. It's easier to stretch the boot than snug up the heel.

christy

On the Ice
Thanks. I was guessing that would be the case. I was just concerned that stretching the ball of the foot wouldn't last as I'd read about people having to get boots stretched several times. Also when they first introduced the D/E widths a fitter told me that when he discussed it with Edea they said it was all the same last, sole, etc. and they were just stretching the ball of the foot area.

Elija

On the Ice
Oh weird! My new B width skates just arrived today and definitely feel more snug, but then it’s hard to tell when all the padding is new. I never had any issues with my old skates not holding their shape where they were stretched across the toe though - if anything they stretched more over time.